It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weatherman Slips... CHEM TRAILS

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishman

I am responding here to catfishman only because

NONE OF THE SO-CALLED EXPERTS have answered any of catfishman's questions.

I think they deserve answers.

The high ground on this thread is earned...NOT by referencing some website that explains some aspect of what we are discussing, without answering the questions WE ARE ASKING.

Like, Catfishman. IF you do not care to look up what the questions are, and answer them,

why are we wasting time with you???

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Let me be clear. I am not looking for ghosts.
This crisscross spraying caught my attention, so I started watching. I have never seen it on a typical, partly cloudy day. NEVER.
So that pretty much washes out the military exercise b.s., because why would they care if it was partly cloudy?
Secondly, I am an artist, and I actually pay attention to the heavens.
I look at the sky a lot. NEVER seen this crap before.
Third, I CAN FEEL IT.

Fourth, IF you cannot relate to any of the above, I REALLY have no reason to continue this exchange.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
hey shark, i understand your reasoning, but understand mine. in this video, obviously we dont have any military comment just meteorologist speculation, but if you were to ask the military what they were doing or deploying, they would deny they were doing anything or give a lame excuse like the weather balloon line. im just saying, if it is something as simple as chaff testing, why dont they ever comment or anything just to enlighten us? there wouldnt be so many of us crazy ass delusionary conspiracy theorists such as myself. at least, for once, if there going to lie to us, i want them to give us a good line to make me question MYSELF.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteboynolan

I can certainly understand your perspective man.

I have no answer for you regarding the military response, or lack there of.

I may have missed something in this thread though, has anyone attempted to contact any military branch regarding this particular incident? If so I would like to know who they contacted as well as to see a transcript of their communication with said military entity.

I am not trying to negate the entire chemtrail theory nor any other instances outside of this particular one. People have been all over me asking me to dispute other evidence, but as I stated earlier, I am only interested in the topic referred to by the OP.

As for the military's reputation for giving half-assed or no responses at all, well, they seem to be shooting themselves in the foot most the time. I'm not sure if they consider themselves to be too busy to respond to questions they feel are ridiculous, too worried about revealing information on their training and the units involved due to national security or are actually trying to cover up some shady domestic operations. It is most likely a combination of all the above depending on the cirumstances and the particular issue(s) being questioned.

That's where we are all left with speculation.

I merely wanted to stress that the weather man fromt he original video was indeed being truthful when he attributed the doppler anomalies to chaff. All the details lined up with previous studies regarding chaff and its subsequent effect on radar/doppler.

I'm glad that at least my logic is being communicated clearly, as that is of the most importance to me. I never want it to be "you against I"...try to keep it in the realm of "fact against fiction" as much as possible.

Take care amigo.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Okay, I will have a go

Originally posted by catfishman
a) Just now becoming a conspiracy shared by seemingly millions of people around the entire world? I know you could argue that this is due to the web 2.0 capabilities and us all being connected and this might ultimately give rise to unsubstantiated conspiracies just because it doesn't take much effort to participate. But there should be SOME people, even just a single loon writing a book or something, who would have entertained this concept, that is today fascinating millions on a daily basis both on the internet and in real-life observations, to make some money off of it.

Well, the idea of chemtrails was first proposed in 1997 or 1996, cant recall exactly (not sure who, possibly Cliff Carnicom, or Art Bell), when air travel had an exponential growth. Due to the increase of air traffic, and considering the components of contrails (water vapour and carbon dioxide), local humidity levels on flight paths skyrocketed. Due to this, upper air conditions moistened by humidity from air craft engines, took an unusual turn. Similar conditions were seen over Germany during bombing runs thousands of aircraft in the vicinity each created a contrail, which in turn dramatically increased humidity over the flight path, causing the air to saturate, thus creating an artificial cloud cover.

b) Why am I and a LOT of other people absolutely sure that we have never witnessed this phenomenon when we were younger? I am 100% convinced that, being a frequent and fascinated observer of planes in the sky both as a child and growing up, I have NEVER seen multiple "contrails" spanning from horizon to horizon in my childhood, seemingly turning a perfectly blue sky into a grey mush within hours, albeit a forecast of clear skies throughout the day? Let alone on almost a daily basis?

Simple, the increase in air travel.

c) Why is it, that in the span of a couple of days, where the temperature barely changes a degree, one day I witness every single plane, no matter the height, only trailing very short, vanishing contrails, while on the next day, I see the same phenomenon mixed with SOME of the planes leaving trails as far as the eye can see, at various heights, while others seem to fly at a similar altitude with no contrails whatsoever?

Because the atmopshere is not a constant. In other words, aircarft do not all fly at the same height, and various layers of air can differentiate quite dramtically in terms of air temperature and humidty levels. Just to prove it to you, go to the following website:

weather.uwyo.edu...

The above contains every single weather balloon flight from around the world (inlcuding mine- see Woomera, Australia). This should show you that over numerous levels, and at different location, the temperature, humidity, and other factors such as wind speed and direction can change extremely sharply, over only a few hundred feet.

Alos bare in mind, that the temperature on the ground, does not reflect the temperature in upper air levels.

d) Why do the planes leaving "chemtrails" almost exclusively share the characteristics of being unmarked and white/grey vs. the mostly colourful commercial aircraft, even when you view them with a high-powered zoom lense?

Cant answer that, simply for the fact that no two aircraft are alike, and there is no evidence or a study done on that certain point.

e) Why are mainstream media frequently (at least here in Germany) reporting on "experiments" based on spraying chemicals into the sky for radar deflection or anti-global-warming efforts which seemingly allude to the phenomenon most of us witness in the skies today?

There isnt chemicals used for radar deflection, that is simply chaff. The other ones you speak of are involved in cloud seeding, which involves releasing iodine crystals and dry ice, tio stimulate ice crystal development in clouds, to increase the likelihood of precipitation.

By the way, contrails, which are literally ice do a better job at cooling the climate, as ice has one of the highest albedo (reflection of sunlight) of anything known to us. The only other thing that has a higher reflection is snow. This is why the diurnal temperature variation (the difference between the max and min temps) was greatly increased on the couple of days after 9/11...no contrails means no ice in the sky, meaning solar radiarion is free to come and go without being reflected back into space, or trapped nearer to the surface during the night (normal clouds also have this affect)

Hope that explains some stuff, and Im happy to answer any more of your questions

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Would really like to hear what this Meteorologist had to say during his broadcast...

If anyone downloaded the video, - please post it.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hi all - admittedly, I've been visiting this site for a good few months now and this is my first post, but I think this Chemtrail thread is a good place for me to start seeing as it's been 'bothering' me for a few months.

Thanks to the data now available through the WWW, I must admit that looking upto the sky was something that I never used to do much, but after seeing more and more videos of this daily worldwide phenomena (as it now seems) I too have been made aware of something not right up there. As far as I see it, the evidence in the skies is enough to know that something's not right. I'm 43 and paint in my spare time - even I know that the sky used to be blue. I live in the UK (central belt) and ever since I was made aware of these supposed trails, I've looked up. More now than ever before. Where I live, every morning when the sun's about to rise, you see the trails stretching across the sun. Even I know that a contrail dissipates after a while - these trails 'do not'. They stay where they are, and within minutes, they've widened, to sometimes 3 times the width of a normal trail. They turn into clouds. Within maybe half an hour, a trail has spread across the sky, merging with other trails. I've been told by some disinformers that they're merely contrails (there's more people flying now apparently, and it depends on the atmosphere - surely the atmosphere isn't the same worldwide?) So the blue skies come noon, are shadowed with a white haze. Years ago, when the sun was up, it would burn through cloud, leaving an azure coloured sky. Now, it's constantly white. The sun's there somewhere, but it's hazed over. Then we get another dose of trailing in the afternoon as the sun's about to set.

From the OP, that forecaster was quite irritable wasn't he? And this chaff mention is new to me -never heard of that before. So for the sake of argument (some say that this is chaff) I agree with a few posters on here that say 'why worldwide?' Why, would they spray this stuff worldwide if it's only for apparent training purposes? I've seen videos from across the globe now, so it is happening on a major scale. The proofs there and more and more people are waking upto something not quite right up there. My daughters are now aware of this, they've started to look up too. My son is in complete denial, but then it's not something that he's looked into, and he's young and living his life, so why should he? My friend was here yesterday. We've been exchanging links re emails concerning this matter, aswell as other issues that seem to have arisen lately, and in his words yesterday he said 'Don't mention chemtrails, I'm trying to forget about them as basically, it's making me depressed'. This guy is in his 60's and quite sober in his thinking-he's usually on the fence and always looks for the ultimate evidence before he concludes or comes to a sense of reasoning. But now he has this in his head, and everytime he looks up, again, he's seeing this with his own eyes, so trying to push it to the back of his mind isn't as easy as it sounds.

For the past few months (thanks to doing some of my own research on the net and through different sources) I've learnt about the sun and the effects that it has on our earth (I don't want to go off topic here) I've heard that we're headed for a solar max and I also know that Barium is used in hospitals as in the way of Barium Meal when x-rays are concerned) and isn't barium a radiation blocker? So, I came to the conclusion that maybe they were doing this to try to 'toughen up' the atmosphere so to speak. I'm just trying to have an open mind with all of this.

So here's what I'm trying to say - don't deny what's up there. I don't know what's happening and what these trails contain (apart from the usual ice crystals) But don't pass it by and say it's just plane trails. I have never seen passenger planes making swirly patterns or criss cross patterns in the sky before.

star and flag to the op

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Phage is correct Chaff is not Chemtrails it's well known and used as a radar counter measure. It's not a big deal. This thread reminds me of a runaway freight train jeeez......folks get a grip.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MissInformed

Yes, contrails can last a long time and spread into a deck of clouds. It' been happening for a long time. This article is from 1970.

One aspect of weather pollution in the atmosphere is the generation of contrails. The spreading out of jet contrails into extensive cirrus sheets is a familiar sight. Often, when persistent conditions exist from 25,000 to 40,000ft, several long contrails increase in number and gradually merge into an almost solid interlaced sheet.

journals.ametsoc.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissInformed
I live in the UK (central belt) and ever since I was made aware of these supposed trails, I've looked up. More now than ever before. Where I live, every morning when the sun's about to rise, you see the trails stretching across the sun. Even I know that a contrail dissipates after a while - these trails 'do not'.

Indeed. And I know that all dogs have 6 legs.

Question is, who is right? Me or everyone else? Why should we assume you are right and meteorologist who study how and why contrails can last for hours and spread across the sky are all mistaken?

And this chaff mention is new to me -never heard of that before. So for the sake of argument (some say that this is chaff) I agree with a few posters on here that say 'why worldwide?' Why, would they spray this stuff worldwide if it's only for apparent training purposes?

Well, anyone who flew in WWII will know about chaff
But the point of this thread is that it is not worldwide and has only ever been recorded on 2 or 3 occasions in the world ever!

If what is seen on radar is chemtrails than we can be 100% certain that whatever you ever see is in Scotland is not a chemtrail - you can yourself watch the radar every single minute of every single day and see that chemtrails - as proposed by this thread - do not ever occur over Britain.

I reccomend www.netweather.tv... radar. But www.raintoday.co.uk... is free.

Unless of course, your are now arguing against the OP and claiming that chemtrails are not visible on radar?

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Essan]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicodeme
This has nothing to do with chemtrails, it's just anti-radar chaff the military uses and it happens to screw up weather radars as well. Search Youtube for videos of chaff and even more weathermen reporting chaff as showing rain and you'll see it's common.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What are your credentials?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Stupid post... He didnt let it slip. At all. This shouldnt even be starred or flagged.

-20 IMO, its not that big of a deal, and there is little conspiracy behind this...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Wow, great post. Lot of chemtrail talk as of late. Something is definitely progressing...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by magnetix
reply to post by Phage

What are your credentials?

Phage doesn't NEED credentials. He's.......well.......he's Phage! His knowledge shows in his contributions and his accuracy is 99.27% so far.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think what i find most disturbing is the fact they are doing that over U.S. soil, and for what purpose?

If the government would just come out and say "hey we'll be running some drills today, no need to get alarmed," people would be more at ease (opbviously my opinion of course). But instead they dont tell anyone, then they deny it when its in plain sight.

Though it looks like chaff whose to say its not some new hybrid way of dispersing a chemical agent (i dont believe that but its best to always keep an open mind)

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by truth?

Well the thing is we know for absolute certain that they're not doing it very often - or it'd be appearing on met radar all the time. There are just a handful of cases it's happened over the past couple of decade.

Whether or not they should be doing so at all is another matter. But when did the military ever listen to us!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I just posted in a thread that was just started about the same video...

So lemme get this straight...

Phage, you have known about this 'Chaff' in the other discussions we have had about 'chemtrails'?

And this 'chaff' is what is being used as a debunking semantic for the 'chemtrail' conspiracy?

IMO this is highly ignorant, because little particles of aluminum, or 'chaff' as it is called, is the EXACT SAME THING that the 'chemtrail' proponents argue that military planes are spraying over us.

Call it 'chaff', call it 'chemtrails'... the end result is little bits of neurotoxins being released into the atmosphere.
aluminum as neurotoxin

I don't get it. The 'chemtrail' conspiracy cannot be both CONFIRMED and at the same time DEBUNKED...

If they are spraying aluminum, it is confirmed.

Playing semantics and saying "oh, they spray this stuff all the time - thats not what the chemtrail idiots are talking about" is missing the point completely.

Sorry if there has been similar revelations in this thread already, I just saw the video and am amped up and pissed right now... I will be looking through the other pages of this thread right now...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well, I read through it...

And I can honestly say that the 'dedunkers' show, yet again, a blunt disconnect to reality.

This was by far the best thread I have seen in support of 'chemtrails' or 'chaff' as it could just as easily be called.

The debunkers give all the technical links to prove 'chaff' exists, and the 'chemtrails' proponents have provided many links as well...

Both are proving the same thing.

Why is 'chaff' any better to be sprayed on us than whatever the 'chemtrails' are supposed to be?!

The debunkers are just callous to the reality: That we are being pissed on.

You must be blind to call it rain.

CONSPIRACY CONFIRMED.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join