It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Objects from My Backyard

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hello to all following this thread.

Firstly, pardon me for getting back so late, some personal issues have been going on in the background here.

2 deaths in my family in as many weeks, with another one in very bad condition.

So with that said, I have been also conducting tests on my camera in between.

I am sure most of you will like the answer.

Yes, its was lens flare! As long as a bright light is not in the frame there is no lens flare. I am pleased to have seen it for myself, also thanks to everyone who have helped me to get to the bottom of this.
Interestingly, its not showing up in the preview screen, only seeing it after the exposure is made, some of this could be my eyes, like me they are getting older.

I now officially hate those damn pole lights. They have surrounded my observatory now in every direction but west. I'm not happy about that because I'm losing my dark sky. I live in one of the few areas in NA where light pollution was not an issue, but it is now. At the back of my property 2 pole lights have been added which are having a severe effect on imaging to the north and north east. One of my favourite directions.

Why would a guy take pictures of the night sky? Easy, test the camera's ability to see under low light.

Someone asked where the camera was pointed, almost dead north with cassioppia center right bottom. That image was taken at 2.80 fstop and infinity was set for focus. Because of the infinity focus at F2.8, the close objects were blurry while farther ones were in focus.

I am dissappointed in Nikon's built in Nikkor Lens, guess I expected too much, the Canon was much better in that department. It means now I have to leave my property to get good images. I was hoping to use the nikon with my apo, But think Now 'll stick with my Canon.

Thanks
Mob

[edit on 12/4/10 by marsorbust]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yes, I know the Op has said that yes, they are lens flares.
There ain't no way that those street lights created a lens effect that would show up out in space creating two different colors.

Lens flares? There ain't no way. Yeah right, a guy is going to take photo from his back yard and everyone is trying to say that two obvious spherical objects (that Helen Keller could see) one red and one gold is the end result? All from a street light? In the dark even?

You actually think people are going to believe this?

I don't. And never will either.

~ Zeus

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Zeus2573]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

There is no way those are lens flares. If those are lens flares then how is that one is red and one is gold? Not yellow, GOLD. The gold one is even darker that the street light that is supposedly the culprit. Once more, the colors aren't even remotely similar. You can obviously see the spherical shapes also. You can even clearly see the texture in the gold one. I mean, come on, just who are you guy's trying to kid here?

You say you mentioned this is the other thread? Yes, one person said it was an atmospheric anomaly and others said it was a lens flare.

So which is it? I'll be glad to tell you..........................neither one.

Hey, if you guy's are going to try to spoon feed someone bs like this, you might want to get your stories straight ahead of time. Changing thing's around makes you look guilty as sin.

As far as my spinning Avatar, a friend of mine gave me some advice and I decided to change it. I like my new one much better. Besides, it was time for a change. Would you like to have my old one? You are more than welcome to it. Nah, you probably want to keep your Elvis one.......it IS pretty cool.

Take care and in the future can we try not to drag what happened on a totally different thread into another. Its always best in my opinion to keep things somewhat "localized". That other thread took a turn for the worst. I would prefer to keep that other thread fenced in as much as possible.

Please? Can we try to do this?

If you don't see it this way Maybe...maybe not then that's fine by me.

Hope you have a good day.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Okay I am being lazy right now and don't feel like going through the entire thread at the moment... I will read through it tomorrow. First off, the "stars" are most likely dropped pixels due to the amount of zoom. Secondly this photo has a lot of camera shake. Even with the lens set to infinity the trees in the back would at least slightly in focus. Movement of your camera could be where your lights are coming from. Radio and cell phone towers also produce this effect. Can I ask a question? Was the flash on by chance?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

Zaiger, is that the best you can do? You think you can just throw childish insults my way and accomplish something in doing so?

Insults? I took all the time out of my day to make a very detailed write up about the 2012 niburu spirit light brothers.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Deleted.

Because the mods of this web-site rule!

If you Mod's were in my presence at this very moment I would literally bow down and kiss your feet!

Thank you.

~ Zeus

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well that is the end of that little episode.
Does anyone else think this is anything other than a lensflare?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

Nope....can someone else post some pointless shazz up please? and then we can have another un-scientific, conclusionless debate......Wasting time you could have spent learning actually learning about physics, photography, chemistry, astromomy which would prevent you from leaping to silly thoughts and ideas....

[edit on 15//4/1010 by misteRee]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Zaiger.....

Are you saying it's not Nibiru?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by misteRee

sure.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f38fe2d5793.jpg[/atsimg]

There is an orb for ya.

No it is not. It is obviously a shape shifting reptilian taking the shape of niburu to launch an illuminati NWO false flag neo-con masonic neo-con attack. Thank god nobody fell for it.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

laughing out loud, y'all!!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Why is Nibiru in outer space?

Because it's too afraid to be on Earth with Chuck Norris!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

yes the evidence is mounting this is from an anunaki time scroll. This is niburu landing on earth in the year 199898BC

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by zaiger

Why is Nibiru in outer space?

Because it's too afraid to be on Earth with Chuck Norris!

Be afraid though, Nibiru is coming for Chuck, and we'll all be Jean Claude Van DAMNED!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

yes the evidence is mounting this is from an anunaki time scroll. This is niburu landing on earth in the year 199898BC

start a new thread then, you havn't wasted enough of my time with just that small post
Peace out to you bro, i know you mean well.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Way ahead of you bro.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Way ahead of you bro.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

LMAOffles. Please post that in 2012, and attack anyone who attempts to use logic to debunk it. Fighting fire with fire.

[edit on 15//4/1010 by misteRee]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

MisteRee.....

I couldn't help myself.....

I had to put Nibiru in there.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join