It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR archive describes Obama as 'Kenyan-born'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I am one that wants to see his original birth certificate. That may make me crazy but so be it. I listened to the original audio and it is clear at 9:50 that they are talking about his father being Kenyan born. Crap like this only adds fuel to the movement labeling us a completely insane right wing fringe. Please take the time and do the research by listening first. The web blog changing the words means nothing, it is simple human error. WND is absolute bias and should be disregarded on issues such as this as much as humanly possible. Not bashing you OP just stating how I feel as someone who only wants the truth.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Gunderson,
I was just thinking that Ann Dunham's passport would be stamped when she goes in and out of any country. We can correlate that with the time of obama's birth as additional evidence to any claims from birth certificate. But I think getting the records is very difficult especially something more that 40 years back. I don't think the U.S government would have a copy of it or have all the records of where she went.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timetraveller

Gunderson,
I was just thinking that Ann Dunham's passport would be stamped when she goes in and out of any country.

Uh huh. But since she gave birth in Hawaii, there would be no passport stamp, would there? So you would find nothing and then what? You would happily accept that a lack of any evidence proves she was in Hawaii or just create another straw man?

We can correlate that with the time of obama's birth as additional evidence to any claims from birth certificate.

Until you see that there is no stamp saying she stayed home and then you will want something else, correct?

But I think getting the records is very difficult especially something more that 40 years back. I don't think the U.S government would have a copy of it or have all the records of where she went.

Probably not. You know what they might have though? They just might have a record of where Obama was born in the form of a Birth Certificate. That is an actual legal document recording a birth. That is not good enough though, some arbitrary passport record that would say nothing if correct makes more sense?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
I am one that wants to see his original birth certificate. That may make me crazy but so be it.

It does make you crazy since you can look at the BC any time you want online.

I listened to the original audio and it is clear at 9:50 that they are talking about his father being Kenyan born. Crap like this only adds fuel to the movement labeling us a completely insane right wing fringe. Please take the time and do the research by listening first. The web blog changing the words means nothing, it is simple human error. WND is absolute bias and should be disregarded on issues such as this as much as humanly possible. Not bashing you OP just stating how I feel as someone who only wants the truth.

It seems like you are on the right track but you already have the destination in view and it does not match. You know that the places spreading this BS are BS and yet, you still want to see something the rest of us have all seen. Why would you not believe it is what it claims to be? The people saying it is not are the same people you just tossed under the bus you know.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

I am one that wants to see his original birth certificate. That may make me crazy but so be it.

It does make you crazy since you can look at the BC any time you want online.

I listened to the original audio and it is clear at 9:50 that they are talking about his father being Kenyan born. Crap like this only adds fuel to the movement labeling us a completely insane right wing fringe. Please take the time and do the research by listening first. The web blog changing the words means nothing, it is simple human error. WND is absolute bias and should be disregarded on issues such as this as much as humanly possible. Not bashing you OP just stating how I feel as someone who only wants the truth.

It seems like you are on the right track but you already have the destination in view and it does not match. You know that the places spreading this BS are BS and yet, you still want to see something the rest of us have all seen. Why would you not believe it is what it claims to be? The people saying it is not are the same people you just tossed under the bus you know.

Personally I want to see Obama onstage (as he is constantly) holding his birth certificate. I doubt he has to worry about identity theft LOL. It would end all speculation on my part. There are many that that would simply not suffice but to me it would be good enough. He lets the rumors go on and on and never presents it himself. That is what I find so odd. It would be a giant slap to the birther movement and we could all get on to really important conspiracies (this one doesn't matter to me, he is already elected and god forbid Joe Biden takes the throne) such as the economy and why it is still sinking. Again just my take, I try to remain independent on these issues as much as I can.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Personally I want to see Obama onstage (as he is constantly) holding his birth certificate. I doubt he has to worry about identity theft LOL.

So if he took the BC that is online for us all to see and pinned it to his shirt each time he appeared, you would suddenly decide to believe it?

Why would you believe it more if he were holding it than you do seeing pictures of it?

It would end all speculation on my part. There are many that that would simply not suffice but to me it would be good enough.

You did say it was ok to call that crazy, right? I really do not get it. We have seen it. It exists. He can easily go get that one and hold all day long until he is out of office. I do not understand how that would make it more valid to you.

He lets the rumors go on and on and never presents it himself.

Oh, because you are crazy. He has presented it. He has provided everything needed to squash the rumors. People like you just insist that all the proof in the world is not good enough. You need just a little more.

In fact, you highlighted it perfectly.

You do not believe a BC you can look at online but somehow if Obama picks that one up and holds it, now you will believe it? Somehow I feel pretty certain that you would then just decide that something about that was still not good enough.

That is what I find so odd. It would be a giant slap to the birther movement and we could all get on to really important conspiracies (this one doesn't matter to me, he is already elected and god forbid Joe Biden takes the throne) such as the economy and why it is still sinking.

Um...ok. This one does not matter to you but this is the one you are addressing even though seeing his BC did nothing to clear up any of this up for you all so far. How does that make sense?

Again just my take, I try to remain independent on these issues as much as I can.

So you know you can look at his BC and you claim to not even really care but still, you need to see him holding it -ALL THE TIME- in order to believe something you really do not care about?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Uh huh. But since she gave birth in Hawaii, there would be no passport stamp, would there? So you would find nothing and then what? You would happily accept that a lack of any evidence proves she was in Hawaii or just create another straw man?

Her passport record must show that she had entered U.S (may be Hawaii or some other place ) before Obama's date of birth.
If obama was born in kenya, her passport would be stamped with exit dates in U.S and entry date in kenya which are earlier to obama's DOB. Of course all of this is assuming she was treated like a normal citizen and Obama's recorded DOB is legitimate.

Until you see that there is no stamp saying she stayed home and then you will want something else, correct?

I am not taking sides here. I am just suggesting additional sources that could help to know the truth. (who is capable of getting their hands on the records is a different question :-) )

Probably not. You know what they might have though? They just might have a record of where Obama was born in the form of a Birth Certificate. That is an actual legal document recording a birth. That is not good enough though, some arbitrary passport record that would say nothing if correct makes more sense?

But people dont seem to be satisfied with the short form. people want to see the long form released to the public.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Her passport record must show that she had entered U.S (may be Hawaii or some other place ) before Obama's date of birth.
If obama was born in kenya, her passport would be stamped with exit dates in U.S and entry date in kenya which are earlier to obama's DOB. Of course all of this is assuming she was treated like a normal citizen and Obama's recorded DOB is legitimate.

See, it is that last sentence that turns me all around on you. At first, it makes perfect sense and I can see where you are going. Then you add that. Why would she be treated any differently? Do you think that this was planned all the way back then or is there some other reason you think she might have had special treatment?

I am not taking sides here. I am just suggesting additional sources that could help to know the truth. (who is capable of getting their hands on the records is a different question :-) )

You have to understand that this has been proven beyond all doubt. There is no more proof that can convince anyone of anything, The only people still on the fence are people not really looking. If they are not really looking, they must not really care. If they do not care, they would not really be posting here on ATS about it, right?

You are though. How about that.

But people dont seem to be satisfied with the short form. people want to see the long form released to the public.

That is what I mean. You cannot get a long form. I live in NY and all I have is the short form because my long form went missing long before I was old enough to know what it even was. All I can get is a short form. That is it. The same thing in Hawaii. So people are waiting for proof that can never and will never come only because they refuse to accept the perfectly legitimate evidence right on display.

So, the way it looks to me is that either you have seen the evidence and are a logical enough person to realize this is over...or...you can say you are on the fence no matter what evidence is brought forth kind of proving that you have leaned way over one side already.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Here is a picture...

click lick for Picture...

18 months ago: This registration document, made available on Jan. 24, 2007, by the Fransiskus Assisi school in Jakarta, Indonesia, shows the registration of Barack Obama under the name Barry Soetoro into the Catholic school made by his step-father, Lolo Soetoro. The document lists Barry Soetoro as a Indonesian citizen, born on August 4, 1961 in Honolulu, and shows his Muslim step-father listed the boy's religion as Islam.(AP Photo/ Tatan Syuflana)

Larger Document from your link

Just one quick itty-bitty FACT fer ya. President Obama is left handed. If you are suggesting that Barack Obama filled out that form, please take your place at the rear of the Birther PWND line. (Hint: The cursive slant in that document is indicative of a Right handed person.)

Is duh a word?

[edit on 11-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
deleted because it was directed at the wrong person

[edit on 11-4-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

See, it is that last sentence that turns me all around on you. At first, it makes perfect sense and I can see where you are going. Then you add that. Why would she be treated any differently? Do you think that this was planned all the way back then or is there some other reason you think she might have had special treatment?

i was stretching the imagination a bit far there. Besides, if it were preplanned, they would take care that he is a U.S citizen by birth in the first place.
I am really sitting on the fence on this one.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
its hilarious that when NPR reports something about a republican, all the idiot republicans say "NPR IS A JOKE"

When NPR reports something about Obama, they buy into it, hook, line & sinker.

Ohhh the gullibility of the idiot masses.

Belongs in one of those mastercard priceless commercials.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

i was stretching the imagination a bit far there. Besides, if it were preplanned, they would take care that he is a U.S citizen by birth in the first place.
I am really sitting on the fence on this one.

So what did you mean by special treatment then? Please stretch my imagination for me.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Someone involved with the intelligence agencies working undercover !!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Someone involved with the intelligence agencies working undercover !!!!

So the answer to "what do you mean by special treatment?" is

Someone involved with intelligence agencies...
?

I was expecting the answer to what "treatment" meant to be a verb. I guess I missed something but I am genuinely curious what you meant.
Are you trying to say that Obama's mom was an undercover agent and that is WHY she would get special treatment? I understand you are stretching the imagination so I am just trying to follow the logic, not shoot holes in the reality. Is that what you mean, that she worked for some government agency and this has been planned since before Obama was even born? I would like to see that fleshed out some.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

By treatment I meant policies/privileges unique to intelligence agents.
I meant government agents could potentially work undercover without records of their movements. Unless someone is an agent his/her movements across countries would be recorded. As I said, I am not implying anything about Obama's mother. her passport would speak for where she was at the time of Obamas birth. Man, I think we are talking about this too much. looks like no one else is growing this thread.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

By treatment I meant policies/privileges unique to intelligence agents.
I meant government agents could potentially work undercover without records of their movements. Unless someone is an agent his/her movements across countries would be recorded. As I said, I am not implying anything about Obama's mother. her passport would speak for where she was at the time of Obamas birth. Man, I think we are talking about this too much. looks like no one else is growing this thread.

It seems just as on topic as anything else to do with Obama and his origins. So, is this something you believe at all? Do you think that she was some government asset back then? Is it based on anything? Would an empty passport satisfy anyone that she did not travel or just be called a fake?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I think the rulers are mere puppets of the shadow government. They are propped up in the right time and two sides of the MSM happily chest beat for their candidates making people fools. I dont believe Obama's mother is an agent of any kind which is why I said we should look up her records.
The outcome is going to strengthen one side of the debate.

What makes me suspicious about Obama is the way a person who has been in the national politics for just 4 years could run for president without much opposition (Hilary being a good opposition I think was because she was potentially a first woman president. If the opposition had been another male candidate, he would have been swept aside). And all this because he makes excellent prepared speeches ?
Also, he has been living around the world in his early days. His father being Kenyan. His Kenyan grandmother allegedly claiming he was born in Kenya adds fuel to the fire.

Of course the issue will be taken up by right wingers, racists for their own purpose. But that should not make such suspicions illegitimate.

The way I see it, some people are not going to be satisfied by any proof an d somethings cannot be proven at all. We just have to deal with that.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

What makes me suspicious about Obama is the way a person who has been in the national politics for just 4 years could run for president without much opposition (Hilary being a good opposition I think was because she was potentially a first woman president. If the opposition had been another male candidate, he would have been swept aside). And all this because he makes excellent prepared speeches ?

What? You think Obama was running against Hillary? Are you from the US?

Also, he has been living around the world in his early days. His father being Kenyan. His Kenyan grandmother allegedly claiming he was born in Kenya adds fuel to the fire.

Are you even for real? That myth has been debunked so many times it is scary but worst of all, it has been debunked in this very thread. Either you are being willfully ignorant or trying to spread something you know to be a lie. Which is it?

Of course the issue will be taken up by right wingers, racists for their own purpose. But that should not make such suspicions illegitimate.

What makes them illegitimate is that they are lies, rumors, and half truths twisted to the point of snapping. Please read this thread and then come back and decide if you want to believe the things you are saying. Then we can really discuss them. Othewise, I have to suspect you are just looking to spread more propaganda.

The way I see it, some people are not going to be satisfied by any proof an d somethings cannot be proven at all. We just have to deal with that.

The way I see it is that it is scary that people keep saying things like you have said in your post here when facts are so easy to find.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

What? You think Obama was running against Hillary? Are you from the US?

I am not from the US. If you did not understand what I meant !! sorry. I meant the contest within the Democratic party. If you had thought about it in the time you took to cut and paste my post you would have got it. Or is this just a ploy to divert from my main point about his credibility.

Are you even for real? That myth has been debunked so many times it is scary but worst of all, it has been debunked in this very thread. Either you are being willfully ignorant or trying to spread something you know to be a lie. Which is it?

What makes them illegitimate is that they are lies, rumors, and half truths twisted to the point of snapping. Please read this thread and then come back and decide if you want to believe the things you are saying. Then we can really discuss them. Othewise, I have to suspect you are just looking to spread more propaganda.

The way I see it is that it is scary that people keep saying things like you have said in your post here when facts are so easy to find.

I think I have made the reason for my initial post quite clear. Facts that helps Obama would be easy to find and facts that don't would be hard if not impossible to find. I know why that is ? because he is in the most powerful post on this earth. There is no reason for you to be so opinionated about the background of this guy who has grown up in Indonesia (his school certificate says he is indonesian citizen btw. Oh, if you don't like it, it should be forged !!. But what about the BC you are talking about ? It should be real for you !! it can never be forged .)

Ya, I got your position. 'Anybody who disagrees with me is a liar and everything bad. And my sources cannot be wrong and will always be legitimate.'
The very fact that a person can rise to such a position in such a short time must send alarm bells ringing. I am from south asia, and I see democracy there becoming oligarchic/dynastic and the masses are helpless. I thought people over here would not hand over power to somebody just because he speaks well. But democracy seems to be the same everywhere, the lowest common denominator determines it. Just talk good, incite emotions, people will fall for hope !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join