It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR archive describes Obama as 'Kenyan-born'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Why would you continue to obfuscate the *fact* that this is not the first and only story this has happened with?
I am paying attention.
Repeating the same story is called a pattern.
Denying consistency after the fact is called cover up.
Instead of pointing at each pixel, consider the whole picture for once. *Before* someone photoshops it to be the picture they want.
Nice analogy, huh? I rather like it.

Nice reply., nice reply.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If Obama is a secret Kenyan Muslim, destroying American from the inside, why did he just authorize the assassination of a Muslim cleric? Why is he continuing 2 wars which are killing Muslims every day?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Now him being born in Panama when the US had rights to it? Don't you think they'd use that argument?

Not to be OT kind of, but that is what I think they'd say.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Here is a picture...

click lick for Picture...

The document lists Barry Soetoro as a Indonesian citizen, born on August 4, 1961 in Honolulu,

Hello,
I'm not too well versed in this, but, if I was born in Hawaii, wouldn't I be a US citizen?

Further reading of thread prompted me to make a disclaimer; Hey, I'm a newbie, and still learning how to not come-off as an ^ss. OK, I'm an ^ss.

[edit on (4/9/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by spinalremain

A SHORT FORM birth certificate. WOW!

What's your point?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Why aren't you answering K J Gunderson? He is asking a valid question and one that I also would like answered. Why Hawaii would have a long form birth certificate for someone born in Kenya?

Your words in quotes

Suppose, just suppose, that after his term is done or he's voted out of office, some disgruntled worker somewhere in Hawaii releases a copy or a photo of the long form birth certificate from the vault to the press and it shows that he was born in Kenya.

Also Libery gal...the only reason supposed evidence keeps popping up is because the birthers keeping dragging out tired old evidence that constantly keep being disproven. They never have nothing new..or they make crap up to help thier cause...as proof in the OP.

NPR archive describes Obama as 'Kenyan-born'

You still go on and even with the correction.. You try to make it seem suspicious.

Correction. An earlier summary of this story that appeared online incorrectly identified the birthplace of Barack Obama. The audio correctly states that Obama's father was born in Kenya.

As for the reference about Obama being born in Kenya from his Grandmother...was it not already proven she was talking about his Father not Obama himself. Do you haters just ignore evidence or what

It has been a slow week for you Obama haters...it's like your your not even trying anymore..

[edit on 9-4-2010 by kerazeesicko]

[edit on 9-4-2010 by kerazeesicko]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

The BC would be released and there would be a firestorm from the birthers until it's authenticity was confirmed.

How would this BC be authenticated? If the current BC that was released, showing his birth in Hawaii is deemed a fake by the birthers, what evidence could be shown to prove that this supposed BC listing him born in Kenya is not also a fake?

If you dont believe his short form from Hawaii is real why would one showing he was born in Kenya be real?

Am I to understand that any BC, long or short showing that he was born in Hawaii is automatically a fake and any BC showing he was born in Kenya must be real? Where is the logic in this?

How can you trust that any BC is real? How can you be sure that your own BC is real? And by your own standards you can never prove to anyone that it is real.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I'm going to explain this to you one more time and I'd like to you pay attention. What I really dislike are people with closed minds, unable to or unwilling to look at subjective evidence.

Then by all means present some evidence. To date there is no evidence that Obama was born in Kenya or anywhere else. But all the necessary evidence to show he was born in Hawaii has been presented. So maybe it is you that needs to open their mind to the evidence.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The original article states the summary of the audio was mistaken.
ATS members have confirmed this as true.
This info flies directly in the face of the thread title.
Why is this thread not in HOAX?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Hey guys let me see if I understand. First of all no matter where he was born. His mother being a citizen makes him a citizen of this country even if he was born on the moon. If Obamas father is Kenyan then that would be part of his ancestory. He is a son of Africa. Just as every other person of color is from Africa at some point. It is silly to argue this point on the basis he is not american or that he is here to usurp. If his mom and dad live in america but go back to Kenya while she is preg for a vacation. Don't you think he is still American? Ok let's rephrase Mexican ppl have babies here so their kids will b natural born citizens. However those new American kids are still mexican by birthright. I'm just sayin. If we pay attention to the reading of the law then I assume the goal of founders was to not have someoneove to America and bcome a citizen and then run. Living ur whole life here with ur American family has to count right?

Quick question. How many of the founding fathers were born here? Like seriously he didn't even fux with his pops and wasn't raised by his radical mother so why r u guys on him so tough. He is just a representative of you the people. Not superman.

One more thing to consider. Why hate rich ppl. If any of you were actually wealthy your goal would b to build wealth not give your money to other ppl. They didn't pursue the money just bcuz.

I don't think Obama is the best thing since sliced bread but can we at least live in reality. Those senators do more to ruin your life than one prez can.

How could anyone know what degree mason Obama is? It all seems extemely out there.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
reply to post by sos37

I'm going to explain this to you one more time and I'd like to you pay attention. What I really dislike are people with closed minds, unable to or unwilling to look at subjective evidence.

Then by all means present some evidence. To date there is no evidence that Obama was born in Kenya or anywhere else. But all the necessary evidence to show he was born in Hawaii has been presented. So maybe it is you that needs to open their mind to the evidence.

He doesn't have any evidence at all actually. Beyond that, he doesn't even have an opinion on the matter beyond saying "I really don't know where I stand on the issue". Beyond that, whichever way the issue will unfold he will rub it in to the opposing side??? he claims that I am close minded. Why is that do you suppose? Because I have an opinion and because I have looked at all the evidence? He seems to think that listening to propoganda is evidence. He looks at the birth certificate I posted then says it's not good enough, yet he isn't a birther. What kind of person doesn't have a stand on issue, yet runs to the winning team in hindsight?

Wouldn't a logical response to an issue you have no real opinion over be - "Hmm, I'm glad that came out since I wasn't sure what to believe." Instead he will go to this - "See! I told you! You're close minded! I was right all along about him being an African! Ha! In your face!"

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Can you look at any evidence that comes up to the contrary with and look at it in fairness - or do you immediately dismiss it as another crackpot move by the birthers?

If I may jump in. If it is a Hawaiian birth certificate showing a Kenyan birth, my mind is pretty closed on that particular idea. I am still waiting for you to make that make some sense but take your time.

I did listen to the NPR clip and I agree that someone on the NPR site made a typo when they put the description on the site for the video. That explains that.

Now explain Michelle Obama's comment about her husband's homeland being Kenya. Explain how Obama's grandmother said she witnessed the birth in a kenya hospital and the translator was trying to change what she said to "Hawaii".

I'll look at those objectively as well.

Please read this thread, as it perfectly explains why she said that. It has to do with Kenyan culture. It seems you're the one being close minded. You're only absorbing the one side of the argument.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-4-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

That's what this site is about, right? Keeping an open mind and examining evidence?

Yes, examining evidence is a good thing to do.
Now, the first thing you do when presented with evidence is that you look what value it has.
Not all evidence weighs the same, and documentation usually trumps witnesses.
Doesn't mean witnesses aren't important, just means that they are notoriously unreliable and easy to come by (No matter what you do, there is always at least one witness, yourself)

Let me try to explain with an example
I have:
14 witnesses having seen you robbing a store in Florida.
You have:
A receipt from the hotel in California where you spent the whole week in wich the robbery happened, and security cam footage from the hotel, showing you at the reception several times during the week.

If we went to court, would you be nervous?
14 evidences saying you did rob the store vs 2 evidences saying that you did not?

And what do we have here: 1 Hawaiian BC vs a Blurb that was corrected when the error was noted.

See, you don't proof documentation wrong with witnesses, no matter how many, you proof documentation wrong with physical evidence. And that will be pretty much impossible to obtain 40 years after the fact.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by debunky]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
It's interesting that all the way up to 2008, he was a "Kenyan-born Senator" until he wasn't anymore.
Talk about revisionist history!

Actually, what's interesting, is that these stories never came to light in the manner they are today, until after he was running.

Now everything is taken out of context, manipulated, and flat out doctored & manufactured to look like it was legit.

Its the conservative think tank at its best.

One thing sells better than sex, and it's stupidity. Politics is full of it.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
So that's the best the birthers can come up with? Obama's father being Kenyan born, Michelle Obama's comment on "home country" (because Kenyan's view their fathers birthplace as their "home country"), and finally....... To search or google Obama Kenyan Born?

Are you guys even serious? That's what you bring to the table?

And I am close minded? Holy Sh#T

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Yes, this is, actually, the best they can come up with.

And in 250 years, youngsters will talk about it in history class.

It will be known as the birther movement.

Much akin to todays youngsters talking about the Salem Witch trials....these idiot conservative / republican / whatever else they claim to be will be remembered as intellectual masochists who were never satisfied with the truth even when it was standing over them kicking them in the groin.

They have Obama on trial.

If he drowns, he's a citizen.
If he lives, kill him.

Human stupidity - back at it again.

its just a good thing for the rest of us that these types of people no longer carry clout in the world.

They're laughed at and mocked at every turn.

For good reason.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Here is a picture...

click lick for Picture...

18 months ago: This registration document, made available on Jan. 24, 2007, by the Fransiskus Assisi school in Jakarta, Indonesia, shows the registration of Barack Obama under the name Barry Soetoro into the Catholic school made by his step-father, Lolo Soetoro. The document lists Barry Soetoro as a Indonesian citizen, born on August 4, 1961 in Honolulu, and shows his Muslim step-father listed the boy's religion as Islam.(AP Photo/ Tatan Syuflana)

So he was born in Honolulu. Last I checked that's in the U.S.. And I was baptized a Catholic, but I certainly am not one. So his father or stepfather or whoever wrote in the word Muslim on a form. So what. Did he grow up to be a Muslim. Hasn't he attended Christian Churchs for most of his adult life. And even if he were a practicing Muslim... so what? People are people, like the song says.

[edit on 4/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

I am not a U.S citizen, but my two cent here.
If the passport records of obama's mother can be released/independently verified against his date/time of birth, we can arrive at a better conclusion than depending on short form/long form.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timetraveller
reply to post by theability

I am not a U.S citizen, but my two cent here.
If the passport records of obama's mother can be released/independently verified against his date/time of birth, we can arrive at a better conclusion than depending on short form/long form.

What "passport records" would those be? Do you think that the US keeps track of passports NOT in use? If she gave birth in Hawaii, what passport record would you be looking for? Maybe I am just missing something but I do not see how a non-existent record could be any more convincing to these people than say...a BIRTH CERTIFICATE. I am willing to learn though.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
You all got your BC already.

But you werent' happy with it, because its not about Obamas birth, its about Obama.

You found a strawman argument - one in which you can NEVER lose (in your world) and you ran with it.

No matter what evidence is brought forth to you - you'll never be satisfied.

That is why people don't play your games and produce document after document to satiate your insatiable hunger for spreading lies.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Snarf]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join