It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPR archive describes Obama as 'Kenyan-born'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

NPR archive describes Obama as 'Kenyan-born'

www.wnd.com

NPR's promotion for the story included a brief description of West African correspondent Ofeibea Quist-Arcton, who "describes the stories that have been exciting, including the U.S. presidential race of Kenyan-born Sen. Barack Obama."
After discussing various issues developing in Africa at the time – such as Kenya's violent elections, the attacks in Zimbabwe and the presidency of South Africa – the conversation on the program "Tell Me More" turned to Obama.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.npr.org

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I wonder what will happen to our situation in the USA if this really comes to light; Obama factually noted not being able to run for president. Not being an expert in politics it seems that there would be quite the issue with having so many lies and cover-ups to have a NON-US citizen becoming the commander in chief.

Sounds like a bad day to me.....

As from the first link source:

Editor's Note: Shortly after this WND report was posted, NPR changed its web page to delete the reference to "Kenyan-born" Sen. Obama.

The NPR story below...

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Did you read the correction, on the NPR link?

Correction. An earlier summary of this story that appeared online incorrectly identified the birthplace of Barack Obama. The audio correctly states that Obama's father was born in Kenya.

The audio is unchanged, and unaltered.

Apparently it was a mistake on the part of someone who wrote the summary.

Seems a simple human error, not much else.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It's interesting that all the way up to 2008, he was a "Kenyan-born Senator" until he wasn't anymore.
Talk about revisionist history!

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Ok.
I'll let you in on a little secret.
SHHHH
I talked to a guy, that talked to a guy, that knows a guy that is a highly placed intelligence official in some intelligence agency.
He says that a complaint has been filed with the ASPCA against a certain ATS poster for animal cruelty. Security prevents me from saying more, but...
This is absolute proof for REAL americans!
Oh yeah, the complaint is for beating a dead horse.
Prove me wrong.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

The kenyan born senator part has me too weedwacker, sorry but up to 2008 I remember him being kenyan!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Beating the dead horse...I posted this due to the REVISIONS of the article....

Funny you can lead a horse to water, but not make

him see the water, or drink it....no wonder he died!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

....sorry but up to 2008 I remember him being kenyan!

Really?

He was that well-known outside of Illinois?

Or, are some people (possibly) 'remembering" after the notion was planted --- later?

IF there are references, from his campaign for Senator, perhaps? In print, or on audio/video, than THAT would be compelling.

Otherwise, it's a sort of 'misremembering' by suggestion....

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Two words...

Who cares??

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

So if you don't care, then why take to time to post a reply?

now that doesn't make sense.....

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

if you note me saying I am not a political expert, mostly I was posting this because of the quick revisions to the story...

hmm why would someone make the mistake of calling kenyan ever if he was born in the USA?

now that don't make sense either.....

But I will give you this:

Or, are some people (possibly) 'remembering" after the notion was planted --- later?

It could be a plan by neo-cons to disolve him in some sort of way, of course I agree with that kind of tactic, it sounds like something they are capable of, for sure.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by theability]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Here is a picture...

click lick for Picture...

18 months ago: This registration document, made available on Jan. 24, 2007, by the Fransiskus Assisi school in Jakarta, Indonesia, shows the registration of Barack Obama under the name Barry Soetoro into the Catholic school made by his step-father, Lolo Soetoro. The document lists Barry Soetoro as a Indonesian citizen, born on August 4, 1961 in Honolulu, and shows his Muslim step-father listed the boy's religion as Islam.(AP Photo/ Tatan Syuflana)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I honestly think people are just putting things out there now to show slip ups that question eligability for a laugh.

someone at NPR wrote the article and slipped that in, chuckling and said "Hey Tom...watch the conspiracy sites explode when we release this. lulz...hey, we are going to get a billion hits..."

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Now I listened to the NPR broadcast and Obama was called a "son of Africa" and it was mentioned his father was from Kenya, but he was not called Kenyan born. The article says it but not the interview... So theres something whacky there.

In my eyes this falls into the hoax category if the main claim isn't even true.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by DrJay1975]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I think the issue is redicule, the huge laughter roaming the globe when every nation finds out that all of Usa where fooled like that ..

What is worse, is the blatant apathy towards the issue, that is the fluoride and aspartame working for full effect..

'what ? He isnt US born ? well , Im to much of a coward to do something about it, atleast he promissed change', and if you havent understood it yet, your retirement plan is gone, you will have no money for retirement,and your about to lose your Gun rights and Internet...But hey, it is just a conspiracy theory until it is implemented right ? Then it is too late, like the HCR and the Cap and Trade... LOL, sheep Nation big time...

[edit on 9/4/2010 by ChemBreather]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I cannot read Indonesian, but I can see "Honolulu" at the top of the page; I assume that is place of birth. As far as being registered as Muslim, who cares? Parents always list children as being of the parents' faith. Even if he were Muslim again, who cares? Is there anything in US law that says a Muslim is unable to be president?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
"In my eyes this falls into the hoax category if the main claim isn't even true. "

NOOOOOOOOOO!
Yeah, it's a hoax. Or more accuratly a deliberate attempt to mislead.
Seems there's a lot of that going on lately.
I'm not accusing anyone, not a personal attack, just seems like the evidence points to....
Oh never mind!

[edit on 9-4-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yeah, I've been debunkerboy this week. It was a pretty safe assumption that nobody would listen to a 12 minute NPR boradcast to find the truth, but I did. And the article took blatant liberties with what was said in the interview. Flat out lie.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So, the general standings on this issue is : It doesnt matter if he is US born or not ? or that you dont give a damn ??

It is against the Constitution isnt it ? And if you dont care about that, well, you deserve every bit of abuse you get...

this board seems to have been taken over by kids that think agenda 21 is a good idea...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Sure it matters; that's why we all saw his birth certificate and even the link you offered as proof against him, and said "ok, he's American. next."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join