It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church to protest at W. VA Mine disaster

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Of course, I agree.
But be mindful that here on a conspiracy website, you're likely dealing with the most open-minded of that communities members.
The others won't engage in angry rhetoric. Those boys won't take any verbal abuse.
They'll respond with action, consequence be damned.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Nor would I miss them. But see, whom ever swung the bats/chains would be sued down to their underwear, maybe even further... These people don't care about the supposed point of their protest... They're looking for someone to sue. Money is the be all, end all for these people.

Would they win? In todays court systems? God only knows... I, personally, have better things to do then play in a court room at the beck and call of these assclowns... Why give them the satisfaction?

Mourn the dead, as is proper...don't bring more grief upon yourself by letting these, I was going to say ignorant; but they're anything but that, con men under your skin.

Easier said then done, I know... I can only imagine what I'd think, or even do, if these "people" were to show up at a funeral I was at... Following my own advice would be tough...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

I know... That's why it's so very important to expose Westboro for what they truly are...

They aren't misguided, mistaken Christians. They're con artists of the first order.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

I know... That's why it's so very important to expose Westboro for what they truly are...

They aren't misguided, mistaken Christians. They're con artists of the first order.

We are together on this one and unfortunately fighting an uphill battle. We even have people on this site claiming that these people are Christians. It is hard to get the truth out when the MSM constantly reports them as christians.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian

On the other hand I could see nothing wrong with bringing security (Hell's Angels) to the funeral to form a wall.

I have to wonder how welcome they might be.
The locals could unite with them under a common banner.
In my experience, the average Hillbilly views bikers with some disdain. Many find them cowardly for seeking safety in numbers. Doesn't make sense in a culture filled with family feuds, but I guess they see a difference.
Frankly, I doubt they feel they need the help.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I believe in our rights but with rights come responsibilities and rights can be abused. The things these people do are reprehensible and stretch the limits of their rights.

They're bullies, abusing the emotions of people that have lost loved ones. You hear all about bullying in schools. These people spew hate openly on mourning families and walk away without any repercussions. If the things they say were said to a teenager in high school, would they be absolved?

Late last year Obama signed into law a hate crimes bill and stated:

"No one in America should ever be afraid to walk down the street holding the hand of the person they love."

Should Americans be allowed to bury their loved ones in peace without worrying about someone interrupting them with hate? I've read that verbal or emotional abuse leaves deeper scars than physical abuse because while the physical pain subsides, the emotional and mental aspects of the abuse are the ones that linger. What these people do is tantamount to emotional and mental abuse. It will forever be remembered by the people that attended the ceremony.

It makes me sick that people like this walk this earth. Regardless of who a person was or what they did, they have/had family that loved them. Even if they didn't agree with who they were or what they did, it doesn't replace that love, whether they were a regular person taken too soon, a banker who served his community well or conned them out of their money, a serial killer or a political figure. I've seen people die that you could say were some of the seedier sort but despite what I felt about them, I knew they jad family that mourned their loss. Everyone has a mother and father, most have sisters or brothers. Familial love is unconditional, regardless of the departed's transgressions and should be respected.

I support the right to free speech. I support the right to organize. However, even though most cemeteries are on public space, I believe in the sanctity of the ceremony, regardless of the person's transgressions. I remember some time ago(~15 years) a person dying who had kidnapped, raped and murdered a young woman. He killed another person in prison by literally crushing his skull under his feet. As far as I'm concerned, he could burn in hell. Despite that, I never dreamed of attending his funeral and saying "I'm glad you're dead", let alone organizing a bunch of people to join me.

There's nothing honorable about dancing on a person's grave, regardless of who they were.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hello, this is my first post here, but I've been reading for a while.
I was at that protest, and I am in that video a few times.
Those people are disgusting. They only thing that stopped the group of miners that showed up from getting violent were the WBC's kids. That was also the most heart breaking sight to see. Smallchildren holding signs that said "Thank God for Dead Miners." The adults didn't hold signs that hateful, they gave them to the kids.
My girlfriend and I own a photography business, we took some pictures. check them out if you would like.

here are some of the counter-protesters.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mudrumalum

...and a very good first post it was.

The first picture tells you all you need to know about these people. That little girl has not the first clue what this is about. She'd rather be anywhere else. Like home watching Sponge Bob, or whatever the cool show is now.

You can bet that that little girl is a child of one of the few true believers. Not one of the Phelps clan...

Did you by chance speak to any of them? I'd be curious to hear what they had to say.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I walked up on a guy doing an interview with WMUL, Marshall University's radio station. He was compaiting himself and the family to the story of Noah. He said that when God comes to smite us all that they would be the only ones left, because they were the only ones who were following God's word.
That is when I noticed the little girl. I knelt down to take her picture, which you have seen. I offered her a smile and she tucked her head into her Dad's arm. She looked so confused and scared. She had no idea why everyone there was so mad at her family. I looked at her and said, "This is not your fault, sweetheart." Her Dad heard me and covered ears with his hands and walked away. I cried right there on the street corner.
I can't imagine what her day to day life is like. And I worried about her future.

and I'm sorry about embedding the pics, i thought i was linking them outside.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by mudrumalum]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

No worries about the pictures. You can do it either way.

That poor little girl... Hopefully, she'll grow up to realize just how mistaken her parents are... Or, better yet, her parents will come to that conclusion. They're the ones who bought into the con that the Phelps are selling... Mores the pity, that the Phelps will use them, then discard them, as it suits the purposes of the con.

...the little girl, and others like her, will be the innocent victims of it...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

She is a Phelps. Her name is Anna. Fred's Granddaughter.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

That's a Phelps? Damn... Poor child. To grow up with the con, or worse, come to believe it... That's a damned shame.

Which of the Phelps is her dad?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I don't know his name, but Shirley is her Mother. Megan is her sister.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Shirley. That is one disturbing gal... She may, in fact, be a true believer...which doesn't bode well for that poor little girl.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I have no doubt she is a true believer. She speaks with such conviction.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So, what happens when one of their own dies in a tragic accident. Do they rant about that person being gay, or what. These people are NUTS!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

It's not so much about them being gay, as it is that the deaths are, supposedly, gods divine punishment, for Americas acceptance of the gay lifestyle...

But no... If one of them were to die in a horrific accident...they'd be holy martyrs, at least that's how they'd try to sell it. The con is everything.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

It's not so much about them being gay, as it is that the deaths are, supposedly, gods divine punishment, for Americas acceptance of the gay lifestyle...

But no... If one of them were to die in a horrific accident...they'd be holy martyrs, at least that's how they'd try to sell it. The con is everything.

So dark, the con of... well you know the rest. I really feel sorry for them (the Westboro Church people). Poor deluded sots...

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I actually watched an interview that a guy from the BBC did. He asked one of the teens that exact question. She said if she were to be hit by a car that she would go to hell and her Dad would be happy about it. Because if she were to die in an unnatural way, God was punishing her for some wrong doing. They take joy in all of God's judgements, even against their own. So I guess if they die of unnatual causes then the were not in God's "grace". Whatever grace means to them.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudrumalum

I actually watched an interview that a guy from the BBC did. He asked one of the teens that exact question. She said if she were to be hit by a car that she would go to hell and her Dad would be happy about it. Because if she were to die in an unnatural way, God was punishing her for some wrong doing. They take joy in all of God's judgements, even against their own. So I guess if they die of unnatual causes then the were not in God's "grace". Whatever grace means to them.

Aren't there child abuse laws to protect kids from crazy parents like this. Good grief!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join