It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the human eye actually emit an energy beam?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

the field of Biophotonics is still in its birthing stages, but is becoming widely recognized as a legitimate branch of biology. there is a school in the University of California system that is conducting research and in development of test equipment which is capable of detecting photons in the visible wavelengths which are emitted from cellular organisms.

it is becoming more and more widely accepted that EMR is a basic property in the organization of cellular bodies.

reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

the type of experiment you suggest, with test subjects attempting to guess whether or not someone is looking at them, was performed by Rupert Sheldrake several years ago. He considers his hypothesis to have been defeated. He found that there is NO statistical significance in the data he collected.

oddly, Sheldrake is being quoted here in the OP experimental article as being in support of this phenomenon. to my understanding, Sheldrake is NOT in support of this.

personally, i find the subjective evidence compelling. Biophotonics may just be the key to understanding all of this.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Anamnesis

Pheromones do serve an evolutionary function. I asked what function these beams would have for the beamer. It seems it is only the beamee who could derive any benefit. If you "feel" someone or something looking at you, can you distinguish between a lion and a lover?

Speculate away. But don't don't throw reason out the window. Remember, this is the Science forum.

[edit on 4/9/2010 by Phage]

Just to add to this. "occular Power" lets call it could be one of the deciding factors in figuring out who is the top male lion in a prode. Among other things.

The simpliest is, haveing both eyes faceing forward allows a predator to judge distance EXTREMELY better than the prey with eyes on each side of the skull. Thats benifit one, always has been. But has little well actually nothing to do with "occular power"

You may say but why allow energy to pass through the eyes and make it easier for the prey to sense you? Well I'd say that cannot be helped. You need eyes to see, and this is something every being predator or prey, must deal with. How would a species evelve to rid themselves of this supposed "occular power", maybe a one way membrane that covers the open eye, that allows light and energy and everything in, but nothing out? But then there would go our chances of EVER becomeing telepathic, if we began useing even 50% of our brains power.

But thinking on this it can also works against the prey.If the prey is hiding from a predator, and doesn't know where the predator went. Ever play hide and seek, you never ever want to look at the person who is looking for you, the minute you do they stop and turn right around and look up at the tree your in, Behind them no less!

To get into the more bizzaar possible benifits of forward eyes and "occular power"

Notice when a young lion tries to overtake the ruling lion. The fight usually starts off with a good staredown and some posturing. Then when/if he loses he lowers his head and will not make eye contact with the victor.

This goes for many different species of animanls, bears, wolves well any predatory animal basically which has a social heirarchy.

Thats is just one very quick and raw idea of what use "Occular power" might have for the predator.

A good stare could also be used by a predator as a bluff, and allow him to escape a situation where he might be outnumbered.

Think of why many prey: take Butterfly's and/orMoths, have evolved big large spots on thier wings that look like huge eyes as a defense mechanism. (hmm this example may be undermining my own argument but who cares, we are just tossing around ideas).

As someone pointed out Skeptics are needed to keep theorists in check.

Thankfully we have Phage here to keep us in check. Sure it's annoying when someone is mostly right, and rarely wrong. But hey, we should be thankful, as he does not do it in any condescending fashion that I've ever seen.

So perhaps for now, Phage is right and there are more drawbacks for haveing this power(if it exists) than there are advantages(in the animal Kingdom). But perhaps it might be different for Humans.

I do believe the "Eyes Are the Windows to the Soul", and there is much, much, much more we have to learn about useing our brains full capacity, along with our senses, mainly our sight and how we could speak to one another just by looking at eachother(ie telepathy), perhaps touch also(ie telekenisis). But we are quickly becoming "unplugged" as the man in the video said. With out big city living ,and our technology, we have unplugged our selves from Mother Earths Energy. That I do believe, and I'm not even a tree hugger or a pot smoker. :p Well maybe a closet tree-hugger? But I do so love my computer and video games

Anyhow S+F for bringing up this very interesting topic.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I would like to see the following experiment done:

1) Get two groups of say 500 people or so.
2) Have half of each group stand with their backs turned to the other half, who stand a few yards away from them and staring at the backs of their heads through a two-way mirror (the people with their backs turned don't know that someone is staring at them through the two way mirror.)
3) Hang an LED light or something similar above the two way mirror where the people looking at the backs of their heads can see it. The people with their backs turned do not know these lights are there. The lights are remotely turned on and off. The people with their backs turned cannot see them.
4) Place an actuator button in the hands of those with their backs turned. Instruct them to press the button when they feel that someone is staring at them.
5) Instruct the people looking at the backs of their heads to stare intently at the backs of their heads until the light flashes. Instruct them to immediately close their eyes when the light is activated. This has the additional benefit of distracting their attention from the person they're staring at through the two way mirror. After a finite duration, play a tone which instructs them to open their eyes again and resume staring intently at the backs of their heads.
6) In the second group of 500 or so people, do not use the lights or tones, and do not let them see the people standing with their backs to them. Do not let them know of their existence in any way whatsoever.

If this experiment can demonstrate that a statistically greater number of people in group one experienced the "evil eye" phenomenon than those in group two and if it correlates to the periods during which they were definitely being stared at, then that would constitute sufficient evidence to warrant further experiments of the sort the psychiatrist in question conducted in my opinion, but with adequate controls and experts in the fields of physics, neurology, and physiology interdisciplinarily overseeing and conducting them with psychiatrists.

As it stands this is fascinating but inconclusive and methodologically flawed in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I'm confused first you said there is now "scientific proof" of this, then in the next sentence you said a "psychiatrist claims". Is there not a difference between a claim and actually proof?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeykillingmonkey

I'm confused first you said there is now "scientific proof" of this, then in the next sentence you said a "psychiatrist claims". Is there not a difference between a claim and actually proof?

It's simple, A psychiatrist claims to have found scientific proof of the eyes emitting energy.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

as i said in my post at the top of this page, Rupert Sheldrake has already performed this experiment and found it to be a failure.

that doesnt mean this phenomenon doesnt exist, it may simply mean that this particular experimental setup is flawed.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Not really. Electrons don't "flow through us". Nerves are not wires. The transfer of signals is not electrical it is chemical in nature. It is movement of action potential, not electrons. There is no electrical current running through our nerves.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Sorry - I was looking at a lot of other things while making my post and missed yours while I had the posting window open.

Can anyone conceive of a different experimental methodology that could prove the hypothesis, then? Or, conversely, can we think of an experiment that could support the hypothesis that the "evil eye" phenomenon is based in coincidence?

I suppose it's always at least possible that there is some facet of human consciousness (whether we end up viewing consciousness as emergent behavior in a complex system, a specific process in and of itself, or a complete illusion created by our subjective experience of the processes governing our brain,) or some quirk of peripheral perception that we have yet to explain or discover, that might explain it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

yes here's a different methodology. If he claims people emit these rays out of their eyes, why doesn't he get 100 people and have them all look at a device surely the power of 100 ray beams shooting out at the same time focusing on the same target should generate an easily measurable result? How about 1000...etc?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
hmm intriguing stuff, maybe now i'll be able blow up an apple with just my eyes lol

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Well that makes more sense.

Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

the kabbalaists have a model of human existence: that we are a box with five holes poked in it. there is a ton of information outside of this box, but the only information we are capable of measuring concretely comes through these five tiny holes.

the idea, of course, is that it is somehow possible to gain perception of creation from the outside of this box. thinking along these lines is going to help us solve the problems of consciousness. it may even be possible to develop a science of "outside the box" consciousness.

again, i think that the phenomenon of the "eyebeam" will ultimately be proven within the field of Biophotonics. i believe that it will show that there is a mode of information transfer which is modulated exclusively by consciousness, and which organizes reality at its most basic level.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Poor Phage behind on his research again:

www.scientificblogging.com...

However, recent research (Radman et al., 2007) has shown that weak electric fields (

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I don't think it has anyting to do with the eyes.

After all the eyes are the mirrors of the soul.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Of course this is true! Anyone studying qigong knows it's true. I heard a podcast with Colin Ross last fall -- he's pretty cool but a bit naive. Still he mentioned this research. It's a start at least.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage is the control. Seriously up till now everyone else is the control. Hello? It's assumed that the eyes can not transmit light -- unless you go back to the early Greeks.

Luigi Borzacchini gets into this but he's a math professor.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Depends who you talk to Phage -- qigong masters can see through bodies and see at a distance, etc. springforestqigong.com... -- Chunyi Lin can do this.

Or watch John Chang

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage the original purpose of this ability was so that Bushmen healers would communicate with lions to keep the lions from eating the lovers of the Bushmen!

So the answer to your question is:

YES.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Poor Phage disproven by civilizations twice as old as the West: China and India! haha. Chi -- Prana -- just look into how to make electromagnetic fields.

My theory is that it's through ultrasound ionization.

Still I've created electromagnetic fields -- I know how to do it -- and I do it every day! I've had telekinesis, precognition and telepathy! I've even created water from the atmosphere -- and all the nutrients I needed.

Alchemy aka sonofusion -- piezonuclear fusion.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

That's because male energy is electromagnetic while female energy is electrochemical. If you study nonwestern energy systems you can learn about this.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join