It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the human eye actually emit an energy beam?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
why not, I may tell you : a lot of times, when I look at a woman she just at that moment stumbles ... it happens a lot of times, more when I was younger than nowatimes ..... sometimes it happens with men also : just I look at them and they stumble with their feet ..... and nearly fall on the ground .... sorry as I a am french speeking my english is not fantastic .....
very curious all together but looking at something IS NOT AT ALL INNOCENT !!!!!!
quantum physics ??? observing is reality ?? observing makes reality ???
please help me understand oh GOD !!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

I do a fair bit of birdwatching myself and your right that birds often only take off once you turn and look at them.

I know with crows that they watch your every move.
When I turn to look at some who are close, I see their body get ready to lift off, if I move any tiny bit closer, they fly away.

Anyway I walk accross this big field, which has quite a few crows living there.

I can feed them, but they won't come to me, what I do is throw some food while I'm walking accross. And when I get far enough, they come out of all their hiding places to eat what I put on the floor. They were watching me all along haha, they quite clever and sly indeed.

p.s I think they have great memory and you can gain their trust too, I just recalled this. I used to work somewhere for 2 weeks, and every day I went outside and took a lunch break. There were crows hanging around, every day they came closer and closer, and I quickly gained their trust, they would even eat food out of my hand haha (maybe they were already used to humans). They became fearless. There were so many surrounding me I got a little worried, people must have thought I was like catwoman, but crowman instead lol. Seriously they were the best memory of that workplace. Best lunch breaks ever.

Sorry for being slightly off topic, but yes, eyes are very interesting, and tell us a lot about what someone is like, or what they are feelings. Sometimes you can instantly know if someone is good or bad news just looking at their eyes.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by _Phoenix_]

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage.. if you spend this much time to "create" or "support" concepts and theories that might change our world into a positive state.. you could get very far! BUT you "choose" to be as a skeptic to focus all that energy to tell the world.... and it's audience (people)... how dull.. boring... flat... unmotivated... empty .. our world is.. with NO potential of reaching beyond what we're capable of.. as far as consciousness goes! You either can be a "unbiased skeptic" or... "skeptic with an agenda"!

There is "magic" in this world... things you and I can not even comprehend... nor explain since you can't hit it with an hammer... one example of this magic... is...

YOUR consciousness.. instead of being an skeptic and bash "what consciousness is".. be a skeptic and research how we can understand "what consciousness is".. see its potential, it's creation, it's purpose, etc... the fact you're here on this planet.. debunking anything that doesn't support your logical ego ... is a magic on it's own.

The fact that your body is designed in such complex systems that even today we don't fully understand .. such as feelings.. emotions.. thoughts... mind and all it's complex nature of quantum world... this planet and all it's beauty... the mysterious universe with potentials beyond imagination.... intelligent beings beyond our imagination is magic... they didn't just occur via hammer and nail... something much more... creating this.. for YOU and I to explore.

SO.. rather then living your life in this "half empty cup" and using all your intelligence and determination into telling everyone else how their cup is also half empty... focus on what IS possible... what OUR potentials are... and how we can fill our cup to infinite levels beyond what the glass can fit...

I promise... you will have a much, much more fulfilled experience while you have the gift.. of being alive and experiencing this world...

Do you honestly going to tell me you can explain EVERYTHING based on "logic" and logic alone? It is your life you're missing out on.. just think about it!

[edit on 9-4-2010 by freighttrain]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by FortAnthem

Where do you find this stuff? What a great thread, thanks for sharing that. I am going to get to work focusing on my ocular extramission and see what I can come up with.

xD

This is common knowledge among most psychics in the west, probably common knowledge in the east, this topic has to do with auras, I've known this "new" bit of information since I was a kid in school after learning about the aura and used to piss off some class mates by making them look behind themselves constantly lol.

love and light!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

I stay away from discussions of metaphysics. This thread is in Science and Technology. It is about an "experiment" which seems to demonstrate that our eyes can emit energy.
My criticism is valid.

Don't tell me how to live my life. You have no idea of my level of "fulfillment".

[edit on 4/9/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I think it's a different state of mind, being a successful true intelligent skeptic is a different state of mind to people who create and are full of imagination like Einstein. Einstein used so much imagination in his theories that some would think he was crazy, phage would be skeptical of every theory of Einstein, until Einstein comes up with a real working theory.

So you see we need skeptics too, to help confirm when the people full of imagination, outside of the box thinking and theories actually get something right.

I think we surely need both in this world to help create a balance.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

S & F interesting post, I always hate that feeling of someone staring at ya its a weird feeling aint it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

My criticism is valid.

Criticize: blame, reprehend, censure, condemn, denounce These verbs mean to express an unfavorable judgment. Criticize can mean merely to evaluate without necessarily finding fault; however, usually the word implies the expression of disapproval

This is what I'm talking about.. i'm not saying your point is invalid.. what I"m saying is there is .. "Criticism" and then.. there is.. "Constructive criticism"!

Two VERY different end result!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain

My criticism is valid.

Criticize: blame, reprehend, censure, condemn, denounce These verbs mean to express an unfavorable judgment. Criticize can mean merely to evaluate without necessarily finding fault; however, usually the word implies the expression of disapproval

This is what I'm talking about.. i'm not saying your point is invalid.. what I"m saying is there is .. "Criticism" and then.. there is.. "Constructive criticism"!

Hmm I think I can see how you feel.

But, I think if he stopped at "this is dumb.." and then didn't add a reason. Then that really would be non constructive criticism.

But he didn't do that, he did add his reasons. So I guess it was constructive right?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Pointing out the flaws in a scientific experiment is constructive criticism. It leads to designing a better experiment.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by restless genius

S & F interesting post, I always hate that feeling of someone staring at ya its a weird feeling aint it.

I never get such a "someone is looking at me" feeling at all. But on the other hand people can stare at me all day long and it couldn't care less so long as they don't keep starting once they know that I can tell they are staring at me... its funny that bothers people to me. Unless you are doing something wrong, why would it bother you? I think it has something to do with fear of the unknown or possibly insecurities.

If the article is correct then it would make sense for small mammals who are frequently eaten to develop sensors for that. So, another way of measuring if this is true is to have a cage with peep holes and then check for brain activity differences in the animal when someone is looking with eyes open compared with eyes closed. I think that would be an even better experiment than the one done.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by truthquest]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Im going to agree with phage here, im not really a skeptic...i don't know enough about science to be one for a start! But im a bit weary of believing any of this until more studies are done with a better and more accurate testing method.
Oh and i really don't like anyone who looks straight into my eyes, makes me feel very uncomfortable and i simply want to get away from that person ASAP. Not romantic or magic at all!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Could this be proof to humans having telekinetic abilities maybe? We might just not know how to harness them..

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain

Two VERY different end result!

I'll have to say, I've seen Phage post a lot around here and he seems to be very knowledgeable about sciencey stuff.

I respect his opinion when it comes to science matters and he's very good at digging up info on stuff like this.

The experiment may not have been perfect but, at least it's a start in a direction most scientists wouldn't even look into. Most scientific experiments have flaws and identifying those flaws and overcoming them is part of the scientific process.

As for the low tech approach of the experiment (tinfoil), I'm sure this guy didn't have a huge research grant paying for his experiment and had to work with the materials he could afford.

Also the fact that he used tinfoil to diminish interference may prove that there really is something to the tinfoil hats we're all wearing after all.

[edit on 4/9/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I stay away from discussions of metaphysics. This thread is in Science and Technology. It is about an "experiment" which seems to demonstrate that our eyes can emit energy.
My criticism is valid.

Don't tell me how to live my life. You have no idea of my level of "fulfillment".

Isn't it a fact that the human body has an EMF? So there's really no need to prove that the body or any part of the body emits energy, it’s already been proven. The experiment seems to be simply measuring the amount of energy emitted by the eyes and it was shown that the energy level is significantly more than normal levels.

At least that's the way I'm reading it, but I'm not a professional de-bunker...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Also the fact that he used tinfoil to diminish interference may prove that there really is something to the tinfoil hats we're all wearing after all.

I sure hope so. I've been getting strange looks with mine, so I've had to make mine into a cowboy hat shape so that it looks more in fashion. But I am now getting even more looks and a few long ( like 10 mins) stares.

I'm starting to think that maybe it attracts eye contact instead! This brings up many theories in my head, but I can't get into it right here.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I agree the experiment has some iffy things about it, but that does not mean this is an invalid experiment.

I, believe this is true and think that we have all sorts or fields around us. If our eyes can create a beam of energy, then that would just be another piece to the puzzle. I heard somewhere that our hearts have an EMF that goes out to over 1 mile. Our EMF's interact with others and we literally connect with other people.

I like all of this stuff and hopefully we can find out one day what it all means. It would be very interesting if we could shoot energy out of our eyes.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

There are a lot of people who know this but are afraid to come out and say so. The experience your lady friend had, could be related spontaneous yet temporary energizing of the pineal gland. Dealing with the Pineal Gland, you are dealing with the energies of the higher densities (dimensions..octaves..whatever). Smoking herbs automatically opens the lower chakra's. Energizing the Solar Plexus or the Root chakra can make you feel slightly sick if it contains a lot of negative or painful energies.

The Chi energy build up in the Solar Plexus can also be felt as stomach ache, hunger, and digestive discomfort

The tingly feelings in your eyes could be the resonance you feel from the energies you are receiving through your pineal gland. It's a vibration that can be transmitted throughout your face and body. In your instance, you felt the blissful vibration of her light energy. By locking onto her eyes, your focus on the NOW increases to the point of creating that type of temporary bliss.

Love at first sight...(or second depending on your circumstances

If you think that's something. Next time you are in that certain mental state, try looking at a full moon, or better yet, a star.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I would not be surprised that many people out there do not look into others eyes.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I went back to look at the paper again.

Here's the full title:

Hypothesis: The
Electrophysiological Basis of Evil
Eye Belief

So.... aren't experiments developed to test a hypothesis? Clearly, the paper isn't offered as proof of anything but does offer methodologies for conducting experiments.

Not Dumb...

Edit to add:

Here's an excerpt from the paper:

In terms of the anthropological study of evil eye beliefs, then, there is now a
testable scientific hypothesis about the electrophysiological basis of evil eye
beliefs, because there is a detectable electromagnetic signal emerging from the
eyes. Further electrophysiological study should focus on the amplitude, polarization,
coherence, frequency, and other properties of the signal, and
particularly its range of propagation.

This paper only describes the Hypothesis and a means of measuring the energy levels emitted. I think Phage is guilty of conclusion jumping here. Did you read the paper?

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Anamnesis]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join