It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the human eye actually emit an energy beam?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+75 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
For all those people who have ever felt like they could "feel" someone staring at them, there's now scientific proof that it's not just in your imagination.

A psychiatrist claims he was able to measure an electromagnetic signal which is emitted from people's eyes.

Psychiatrist's Research Finds You Really Can Feel a Person's Stare

DALLAS, TX--(Marketwire - 04/05/10) - Noted psychiatrist and author Colin A. Ross, M.D., has published experimental data that supports his scientific hypothesis that the eyes emit energy that can be captured and measured. Dr. Ross' paper, "The Electrophysiological Basis of Evil Eye Belief," is published in the current issue of Anthropology of Consciousness, a journal of the American Anthropological Association. The full paper is available at: Full Paper

Although nearly everyone has experienced the sense of being stared at only to find that a person or animal really was looking, Western science has long rejected that the human eye can emit any form of energy. Dr. Ross says his findings move "human ocular extramission," which he also refers to as an "eyebeam," from the realm of superstition to science.

"We used our patent pending Electromagnetic Beam Detection System, which includes modified EEG neurofeedback equipment, to prove that the human eye emits an electromagnetic signal that can be measured scientifically," said Dr. Ross. "I hope that future experiments will determine why energy emitted from the eye is so strong and whether it can be harnessed through focused attention."

Read more: Yahoo News

[edit on 4/9/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Where do you find this stuff? What a great thread, thanks for sharing that. I am going to get to work focusing on my ocular extramission and see what I can come up with.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

yes I believe it is possible if you brain is wired to do so.
2nd

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
S&F for just being interesting but the link to the full document was broken. any chance you can fix that and submit the paper link? Might make for some interesting reading.

Thanks'

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Here's a vid of the scientist explaining how he did it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
That is too cool. Great thread, man. There must be some kind of purpose for this to happen in nature. I never really thought about this aspect before.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
S&F for just being interesting but the link to the full document was broken. any chance you can fix that and submit the paper link? Might make for some interesting reading.

Thanks'

Thanks for pointing that out.

It's fixed now.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The eye and it's powers have been related throughout history. Starting with the all important mirror to the soul, the evil eye, to the lights are on, but no one's in etc.

A rather shabby but recent illustration of this is in the movie, 'Men Who State At Goats'. The eyes have energy, but of course the signals come from the individual minds intent for healing, soothing or destruction.

It's very obvious when you see someone giving another the 'evils' even in a crowded room and how often the victim responds via uncomfortable body language. This is a basic research lesson in many good psychology courses.

The eyes reflect what is going on internally, they are an accurate indicator to personality, mood and general wellbeing (Iridology). Some smart cookies learn to use them to mesmerize along with NLP language to great effect.

Be careful what you think, you could project more power than realised.

Good topic thank you.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Great find and posting. While I always believed in the evil eye, it makes sense now more than ever. Thanks again for the posting.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
So that's how Superman does it!

Really though, cool thread and great find man. Everyday contains a surprise at ATS.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Quoted from the Full Paper linked by the OP.

The measurable component of ocular extramission in
the 0–40 Hertz range could be considered to be a special limited instance of the
larger theoretical category of morphogenic fields. Extralow frequency electromagnetic
radiation emitted through the eyes cannot account for the possibility
that the sense of being stared at can be transmitted through video cameras and
electronic circuits, as described by Sheldrake (2003, 2005a, b), however. this Phenomenon would require a property of morphogenic fields not possessed by conventional electromagnetic radiation.

So... this research possibly provides another piece to the puzzle w/regards to theorectical Morphogenic fields. Perhaps the unknown 'property" of Morphogenic fields is the extramission and intromission of Coherant photons in the UV range from every living cell with a nucleus.

Just speculatiing....

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I KNEW IT!!!

I wanted to make a thread about this but had no evidence so saw it pointless.

For years I have been looking at people for whatever reason and they turn round and glare right back at me like they could feel me looking at them.

It works vise versa too, I have had a compelling urge to look in a certain direction only to see someone glaring at me.

I have noticed it with animals too, mainly birds. Whilst walking alongside the canal for example, I will hear a bird in a bush next to me but it isn't untill I look at it that it flies away.

Like it sensed my eye contact and got scared.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
hello all of you, in another thread I did explain the fact that when I was younger etc etc .... look here :» Philosophy and Metaphysics » Looking people in the eyes @_@
posted on 31-10-2009 @ 01:06 AM when I was 20, that is a long time ago, I had a girl friend and we did at some times smoke some grass with other friends ... I know I know but anyway ... so one day did we smoke some together in her appartment. We were very very much in love and were very close. So after a while, it was during the night,we had candles burning, we looked in each ones eyes with full of tenderness.
You will never believe me but at that moment we got a strange powerfull flash, a lightning between our eyes, from one to the other, very electric feeling, physically feeling, and we turned our eyes aside because it was unbearable. After that she got sick, like some bad trip .... I also was very disturbed but after a while we got better again ... That was very very strange !!
Did someone else have such a experience ???
I think love is the most powerfull force in Universe, I really mean it, it is a force that can change all things for better, that force is very strange !!!!
we really do not know very much about all this " paranormal " forces.
this is the force, the energy of love, via the eyes ???? what the hell we really do not know yet !!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What can we do with these laser beams? To date, I haven't seen through anyones clothes or any thing of that sort. Kind of a silly superpower...actually its not a superpower at all.

Why is this important, besides the fact that it sounds cool?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

Why is this important, besides the fact that it sounds cool?

Well, for one thing, it proves that anyone who thought they felt someone staring at them was not crazy.

Also, if you watch the vid, the guy who discovered this is trying to invent a switch which can sense this "eye energy" and turn things on and off just by looking at it, kinda like the clapper.

[edit on 4/9/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

I have noticed it with animals too, mainly birds. Whilst walking alongside the canal for example, I will hear a bird in a bush next to me but it isn't untill I look at it that it flies away.

Like it sensed my eye contact and got scared.

It may be due to this phenomenon or it could be that birds have a natural reaction to binocular vision. Most birds of prey and hunting animals have binocular vision, that is 2 eyes looking forward and I believe the theory is that those animals which are preyed upon can see the shape of 2 eyes and determine it as a threat .... hence they take off.

I do a fair bit of birdwatching myself and your right that birds often only take off once you turn and look at them.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Wow! So the eye just got a heck of a lot more complicated. Def was not made by accident!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
that's crazy... in middle east we have a saying "evil eye" which by the elder is a serious thing. For example, say you're very lucky and things just always work out for you.. then you start telling people... suddenly the luck stops.. and actually you become very unlucky! Well the elders would say you have gotten the "evil eye".

So basically rule of thumb is.. NEVER show off, nor demonstrate you have MORE then OTHERS. It's a good rule, it'll humble you and worst... GET THE EVIL EYE!

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is dumb.

No emission was measured coming out of the eye. What was measured was electrical potential changes between the goggles and the subject's head. A variation of an EEG. Not surprising changes were seen with eyes opened and eyes closed.

The high-impedance electrode was placed on the inside of the right lens of a
pair of goggles. The electrode was mounted such that it was about two centimeters
in front of the right iris of the test subject, a 58-year-old Caucasian male.
In order to obtain sufficient electromagnetic insulation to be able to detect a
signal, the right front lens of the goggles was covered with multiple layers of
aluminum foil and copper wire mesh. A ground electrode was placed on the left
mastoid. For Channel 1, a reference electrode clip was placed on the right ear
lobe and the active electrode was inside the goggles. For Channel 2, a reference
electrode clip was attached to the left earlobe and the active electrode was
placed above the right eyebrow at Fp2.

Wrapping it in aluminum foil. Hehe.
Great experiment. Not. Where are the controls?

[edit on 4/9/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I was thinking about making a similar post along these lines but waited since I couldn't find an important patent I stumbled across some time ago. Thankfully and strangely, I was able to find it rather quickly today.

Here is a patent from years 1919 and 1921 respectively, on this same research, employing a device that when stared at it starts to move. It's almost like those small bulbs with the black and white paper that when put into sunlight it starts to spin. I'd love to hear anyone's experiences with it especially if they have the time to build it:

Charles RUSS
Vision Ray Detector
(www.rexresearch.com...)

I've had that feeling many times of being looked at or watched. Many times there have been people looking at me or in my direction. There have been times I stare on purpose just to see if the person will turn around, like a test of willpower. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. All around interesting however and needs to be studied more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join