It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Apollo 11 press conference after the trip to the moon that always surprised me.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I'm not as knowledgable about the whole moon landing thing as most on here, but i have a simple question regarding the before and after pics.

Surely NASA would not have got the astronauts all worked up and prepared for a trip to the moon, the first ever, then at the last minute tell them they aren't actualy going?

If they were good enough actors to be in on the hoax, being filmed laughing beforehand, surely they would be professional enough to remember to look happy at the press conference?

Maybe they were just shattered and wanted a good nap, not a facefull of cameras as soon as they got back!

I know there are a lot of things about the subject that don't add up to the average joe, but maybe people are looking too hard for something that just is not there?

Doesn't hurt in looking though i guess.

CX.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
For the record, I will make it clear that I don’t entirely rule out my personal view mentioned in the OP [see second quote] for the behavior of the three astronauts during that press conference, despite I take those no doubt unpleasant happenings mentioned in my earlier post very serious.

Because therefore I said quite specific.

There were as it seems a number of happenings experienced by the astronauts that could explain no doubt a part of their behavior.

Or [my personal thoughts] could it indeed be about something very STRANGE they witnessed or something UNEXPECTED that happened on the moon which was UFO/ET related and they were forbidden to ever talk about it?

Also interesting to see is this information and pictures regarding that quarantine period.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80a4483bac88.jpg[/atsimg]

Immediately, the astronauts were placed in quarantine.

Already in that Mobile Quarantine Facility.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a059f80e5762.jpg[/atsimg]

President Richard M. Nixon was in the central Pacific recovery area to welcome the Apollo 11 astronauts aboard the U.S.S. Hornet, prime recovery ship for the historic Apollo 11 lunar landing mission. Already confined to the Mobile Quarantine Facility (MQF) are (left to right) Neil A. Armstrong, commander; Michael Collins, command module pilot; and Edwin E. Aldrin Jr., lunar module pilot. Apollo 11 splashed down at 11:49 a.m. (CDT), July 24, 1969, about 812 nautical miles southwest of Hawaii and only 12 nautical miles from the U.S.S. Hornet.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7725166dfac.jpg[/atsimg]

The Apollo 11 crew spent five days in a Mobile Quarantine Facility, like the one pictured here (an Airstream trailer), as the Hornet transported them to Hawaii. The unit was then lifted by a crane into a plane and flown to Houston where it was hooked up to a larger living space at Johnson Space Center.

Read More www.wired.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2cabc6a3837.jpg[/atsimg]

The mobile quarantine facility was transported from Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, to the NASA Manned Spacecraft Center Lunar Receiving Laboratory in Houston, Texas.

So they spent five days in that small Mobile Quarantine Facility as shown in the picture below and after that they were hooked up to a larger living space at Johnson Space Center.

Look to the spirit of these three men after spending about 3 days in that Mobile Quarantine Facility so far and arriving at the Ellington Air Force Base.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ccad5cf5e077.jpg[/atsimg]

S69-40147
Apollo 11 astronauts, still in their quarantine van, are greeted by their wives upon arrival at Ellington Air Force Base
July 27, 1969

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/756b564326a9.jpg[/atsimg]

Friends and family greeted the astronauts as they emerged from the quarantine on August 10, 1969.

Here are as said 20 Forgotten Photos from the Apollo 11 which are really great.

www.pdnphotooftheday.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

More good finds! The "20 photos" brought back memories. I was one of the people camped-out to watch the launch. It was very humid, and the moquitoes were eating us alive. We were facing east, and Apollo rose on a flame longer than the rocket itself, rising to meet the Sun. It took a long time for the sound to reach us. Then came the booming, crackling roar that seemed to go on and on. Something in my eye...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

The physical and psychological strain of a Moon mission is bound to tell. Expecting these guys to come back with the energy to put on a show is bordering on ridiculous. 8 days of stress & excitement and they look tired...

They just came back from the moon, not a month working offshore on an oil rig!
And I dont doubt for 1 minute that it wasnt a physically and mentally draining job. But these guys went there not knowing if they were 100% guaranteed to return to Earth. And they did!... They also had the experience of doing something no other man or woman had yet to do, and knew their names would go down in history for it! So why do they look so unhappy? Your telling me that they were so tired they couldnt smile for the camera's for a while?

A picture speaks a 1000 words...

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Lee_K]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saint Exupery

More good finds! The "20 photos" brought back memories. I was one of the people camped-out to watch the launch. It was very humid, and the moquitoes were eating us alive. We were facing east, and Apollo rose on a flame longer than the rocket itself, rising to meet the Sun. It took a long time for the sound to reach us. Then came the booming, crackling roar that seemed to go on and on. Something in my eye...

Great to hear that you where there on the moment of the launch, that must have been no doubt a marvelous experience for you then?
One that you never forget.
I am glad you liked the photos, it is always good to see such old ones.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lee_K

A picture speaks a 1000 words...

I agree, but not all.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
good finds spacevisitor!

I just wanted to point out...
as i see from a couple of peoples posts....

just because some of us feel that the astronauts here were "acting strange" during this conference...

doesnt mean that we all think the moon walks were fake/ or that we 'didnt go to the moon'

my feelings is that they did go to the moon,
and did experience things they werent allowed to talk about,
and were told before the conference... what they could and could not say..
hence.. making them uncomfortable, reading scripts.

also though...
the "hypnosis" they underwent to "better recall their time on the moon"..
could have very well been for just the opposite...

perhaps their weird behavior had something to do with having their minds 'toyed' with upon returning...
hypnotized people can act very strange.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
just because some of us feel that the astronauts here were "acting strange" during this conference...

doesnt mean that we all think the moon walks were fake/ or that we 'didnt go to the moon'

my feelings is that they did go to the moon,

Hi Ahmose, I also think that all the Apollo missions from Apollo 11 and after [except for Apollo 13 of course] went to the moon and landed there, although I have had pretty strong moments back then that I really thought Apollo 11 was faked in order to beat the Russians for that.

And the reasons for that where especially because of that very strange behavior of the astronauts during that press conference in the OP and because I did saw some photos and videos that really raised my eyebrows.

I am however convinced that NASA is hiding things for us regarding the Moon, Mars and the UFO/ET phenomenon.

[edit on 12/4/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

I think the Apollo Missions were unmanned LM landings.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join