It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civilian deaths in Iraq appears to be S.O.P. for U.S. Military ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
There will be those of you who immediately squawk that this is 'old news' . Well , you know what , I don't give a damn .

I am sick of those of you who desperately try to justify the murder of innocent civilians in this BULLSH*T war .

The numbers for civilians who have died since this pre-empted invasion/occupation began will vary widely , depending on what you choose to believe , so I won't bother to quote any numbers . Suffice it to say that it totals into the hundreds of thousands , if not more .

The video release from Wiki shows what is only one occurence of U.S. tpoops targeting and killing civilians . This thread will not attempt to go into whether it was justifiable or not . That is currently being debated in other threads .

The intent of this thread is to show that it is not an isolated , unfortunate , incident .

There are numerous sources to give credibility to what I am posting ., but this post will be brief .

'Iraqi man beaten to death with truncheons by U.S. troops for refusing to remove a picture of a wanted Shiite Muslim Leader' .

'More than one incident of ambulance with flashing lights , siren blazing , and clearly marked "Ambulance" in ENGLISH , being fired upon/blown-up by U.S. troops ' .

One was on it's way to pick up a pregnant woman who had went into pre-mature labor .

In the other , the driver and a paramedic bled to death over the course of two days because warning shots were fired from U.S. troops every time a team would arrive to collect the injured ( 4 different times ) .

The main hospital was destroyed .

U.S. troops guarded the bridge that led to the secondary hospital , with orders to shoot anyone who tried to enter or leave the hospital .

Instead of trying to de-bunk my thread , why don't you instead go to the original source and de-bunk it . I am sick of hearing / reading the same old tired and lame argument of 'this is war' to justify the murder of non-combatants .

www.theinsider.org...

There's no news like old news ...

[edit on 9-4-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Answer this then:

The military is following a group of 15 - 20 insurgents that have blown up various buildings, trucks, and people along their way.

The insurgents enter a village and begin rounding up its civilian population.

The insurgents then change their clothing -- unbeknown to you -- and become "women" and send the civilians out the door now looking like insurgents.

The military has them surrounded when gun fire breaks out.

What would you do?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Take them captive and find out what is going on. You did not present any reason to kill anyone at all in your scenario but thanks.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Why did the military simply 'follow' them if they knew that they were indeed insurgents ? After all , the military has no problem killing others who they 'suspect' are insurgents ....

Why did the military allow them to 'round up' the civilian population ? For a military that is hell-bent on 'shoot now , sort 'em out later' I find your argument rather lame .

Link your sources next time ?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
There will be those of you who immediately squawk that this is 'old news' . Well , you know what , I don't give a damn.

If you don't give a damn about other people's opinions, don't expect that many give a damn about yours.

The video release from Wiki shows what is only one occurence of U.S. tpoops targeting and killing civilians . This thread will not attempt to go into whether it was justifiable or not . That is currently being debated in other threads .

The intent of this thread is to show that it is not an isolated , unfortunate , incident.

Simple logic dictates that these two paragraphs are not unrelated and can only be discussed in relation to each other. If it was a justifiable act of military personnel, sure as hell it's not isolated.

If the tragedy of friendly fire and collateral damage is news to you, I have no idea under what kind of rock you have been sitting.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

It would appear that you can't comprehend basic sentence structure . Let me break it down to a third-grade reading level for you ...

I don't give a damn about how loud you or anyone else squawks that this is 'old news' , as is currently happening in other threads .

"Friendly-fire" ? It is also evident that you can't comprehend the definition of this term .

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Here , I will help you a bit further in an attempt to Deny Ignorance .

Be sure you understand this before you decide to equate murder with friendly - fire in any more of your posts .

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt ...

en.wiktionary.org...

[edit on 9-4-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Still waiting on you to source your information .

Or was that just a hypothetical scenario that you dreamed up in your haste to justify murder ?

new topics

top topics

join