It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is stupidity running rampant in the world?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
hello ats here is a site i found
notalwaysright.com...

i really hope some of these are fake i really do here are some samples

In(tentional) Sickness And In Health
Paramedic | Vancouver, BC, Canada
(We respond to an unconscious diabetic. While my partner is treating the patient, I am asking the wife some questions.)

Me: “So is your husband on any medications?”

(She lists the medications her husband is on, including insulin.)

Me: “And has he been compliant with those medications lately?”

Wife: “Nope.”

Me: “Do you know why not?”

Wife: “Well we had a big fight last week, so I hid all his meds. He hasn’t found them yet.”

Remote Possibilities Are A Waste Of Time
Tech Support | PEI, Canada
Customer: “My cable box is broken.”

Me: “What seems to be the issue?”

Customer: “Roughly every 1 minute the channel goes up. I tried turning it off and on, I tried unplugging it, I made sure no one was sitting on the remote, nothing works, you guys gave me a broken box!”

Me: “What does it currently show on the front of the box sir?”

Customer: “Channel 932.”

Me: “And what time is it sir?”

Customer: “9:32. Oh.” *hangs up*

Playing The Blame (Video) Game
Video Game StoreVideo Game Store | Sydney, Australia
Customer: *walks up with an X-Box game* “Hi I’d like to purchase this.”

(Later in the afternoon, the same customer from that morning comes in.)

Customer: “You! You sold me a bad game! You’ve ruined my son’s birthday!”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am. What’s the problem?”

Customer: “My son asked for this game for his birthday! The machine said he can’t play it! What kind of cruel business do you run? Teasing small children!”

(I look at the disc and it’s in brand new condition.)

Me: “That’s odd, ma’am. I’ll just test it on our machine quickly.”

(I go over to our display case wear our consoles are set up. I start to put the disc in the X-Box.)

Customer: “I’m sorry, do you have any idea what you’re doing?”

Me: “Excuse me?”

Customer: “You’re putting it in the wrong machine! It’s no wonder you sold me a faulty disc!”

Me: “What does his machine look like?”

Customer: “That one there!” *points at Playstation 3* “Don’t you dare tell me it’s a faulty machine it plays the other discs fine!”

Me: “I’ll bet it does ma’am, because those are Playstation games. And this is an X-Box game.”

Customer: “We’ll, why didn’t you tell me that when I purchased it?”

Me: “I didn’t know your son owned a Playstation.”

Customer: “Well, whose fault is that?!”

it is my theory that there is a stupidity inducing virus flying around or tv is dumbing us down on levels that we cant even begin to imagine
why are these things even happening? what can be done?

[edit on 9-4-2010 by ashanu90]

[edit on 9-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
When I used to see Road Kill, I would say to my kids there's an animal
that failed to pass his IQ test.

Too many people breed before they get a chance to take the test.

I remember a few years ago, reading that Eskimos had the largest
average brain size on the planet. If so, it would be the combination of
Fish Oil and living in a Deadly environment. Most moderns don't have
the benefit of either.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Sometimes we are all stupid.
Some more often than others.
Looking at the front page of ATS I think you just might be asking in the wrong site!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
IMHO, you can thank the school systems and the Illuminati for all the stupid people.

You can go to high-schools and see their symbology on buildings.

Sometimes though, people are born with it and it is their own fault for not properly educating themselves.

Ignorance of the Law is no excuse, and I wonder how many people can read and write like Esquire Lawyers for the Queen of England. BAR stands for British Accredit Reagency, so much for American Lawyers.

Good post, maybe it will encourage people to actually critically think for once.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

illuminati imagery on school buildings? i dont think ive noticed anything like that

but the stupidity in high school is overwhelming also they force you to sit behinf a desk for like 8 hours and memorize facts that will probably never help you in the real world i mean seriously do you need mathematics to get directions? do you need to know what the civil war was to live a happy succesful life? do you really need to understand chemichal compounds and elemen tables to to live a regular life? i mean dont get me wrong its not bad to know these things but is it all really neccasary? most of school is a waste of time i think. i mean you really only need to know how atoa read, write, count, do basic addition, subtraction maybe multiplication and division. and you need to know how to behave wich is taught in kindergarten. i say you really need like 5 years of school to be a regular joe, but a CEO bigshot or teacher or something that is a different story

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
here is another sample from the site

Byte Off More Than You Can Chew
Retail | United Kingdom
Me: “Good morning, what can I do for you?”

Customer: “Well, a few of my friends have been talking about this ‘internet’ thing. Is it any good?”

Me: “Yes, it is very useful. I use it all the time.”

Customer: “Oh, good.” *pulls something from his pocket*

Customer: “Could you put it on to this floppy disc for me, please?”

Me: “The entire Internet?”

Customer: “Yes, please!”

major fail almost more of a fail than when that guy was showing people how safe the windows were on a really tall building and rammed into the glass and fell to his death

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The problem is that our education system is failing miserably! In order to have a good understanding of physics and science one also needs to understand philosophy and metaphysics. They go hand-in-hand, you can not go far by focusing on one subject alone. Intelligence is an overall understanding of all the sciences. In order to get the full picture we need to learn about our past (history) so that we may have a clear understanding of where we are in the present that will help guide us into the future.

Today not many people ask their own questions, they seem happy being told what to do and what to think. Teachers should be the highest pain profession IMO.

Originally posted by ashanu90
stupidity in high school is overwhelming also they force you to sit behinf a desk for like 8 hours and memorize facts that will probably never help you in the real world i mean seriously do you need mathematics to get directions?

most of school is a waste of time i think. i mean you really only need to know how atoa read, write, count, do basic addition, subtraction maybe multiplication and division.

Case in point.

Last time I checked "addition, subtraction, multiplication and division" was math.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hi Ashanu,

My IQ ( unless you consider the testing/scoring methods involves some kind of conspiracy) is around the mid 120's ( Edit: meaning above average but hardly unique or in any way 'special' in terms of IQ) and i have done some pretty stupid things in my life ; it;s always easier to laugh at the idiocy we can readily observe in others than to reflect on how we have done similarly stupid things despite maintaining a high opinion of our own mental prowess.

In my opinion no more responses to this thread would be a good enough indication of general human intelligence for me to stay optimistic about humanities future prospects.

Regards,

Stellar

[edit on 9-4-2010 by StellarX]

[edit on 9-4-2010 by StellarX]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

The school systems are meant to distract people from real questions and prevents critical thinking.

I have a few photos from my old high school's I'll see if I can find any.

I think schooling is important, but just what is taught and how it is taught makes a difference.

The Illuminati school's are meant for distraction, if school was legitimate, science and technology would be the ultimate pursuit.

For now, people are left with going to school and wasting their time on, not learning where the money comes from, which basically controls the whole world, money that is.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Mostly because Palin is on a cross country Tea Party tour

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Its the new form of slavery.
To keep us poor and stupid.
Everything the TV throws at us is ment to dumb us down even more.

No one has put it better then Megadeth in the song "Washington is Next"

The quiet war has begun with silent weapons
And the new slavery is to keep the people
Poor and stupid, Novus Ordo Seclorum
How can there be any logic in biological war?
We all know this is wrong, but the New World Order's
Beating down the door, oh something needs to be done

Disengage their minds, sabotage their health
Promote sex, and war, and violence in the kindergartens
Blame the parents and teachers; it's their fault
Annuit Coeptis
Attack the church dynamic, attack the family
Keep the public undisciplined till nothing left is sacred and
The have-nots get hooked and have to go to the haves
Just to cop a fix

[edit on 9-4-2010 by freebourn]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Pick out a few retards and the world is rampant with stupidity?

How about this one.
A guy goes to the Richard Dawkins forum and is having technical issues. So he goes to the conspiracy board on ATS to find out why
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

School is not about just learning high level math...or chemical compounds.

It is about increasing your critical thinking ability. The smarter and more adaptable you are, the better you will be at everything.

All it takes is ONE person to change the lives of every single on this planet. One invention.

You may take education for granted but you should not. The stupid people are the ones who think chemistry or physics are useless.

NOTHING is useless. Learn every little thing you can. Whether you know it or not, sub-consciously you use every thing you have learned through out your life. Those years of useless math can be indirectly applied to everything.

There is a pattern in life. Everything seems to follow simple or complex rhythms...and the more you know, the better you can follow the beat.

My 2 CENTS

[edit on 9-4-2010 by FritosBBQTwist]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
reply to post by Quickfix

illuminati imagery on school buildings? i dont think ive noticed anything like that

but the stupidity in high school is overwhelming also they force you to sit behinf a desk for like 8 hours and memorize facts that will probably never help you in the real world i mean seriously do you need mathematics to get directions? do you need to know what the civil war was to live a happy succesful life? do you really need to understand chemichal compounds and elemen tables to to live a regular life? i mean dont get me wrong its not bad to know these things but is it all really neccasary? most of school is a waste of time i think. i mean you really only need to know how atoa read, write, count, do basic addition, subtraction maybe multiplication and division. and you need to know how to behave wich is taught in kindergarten. i say you really need like 5 years of school to be a regular joe, but a CEO bigshot or teacher or something that is a different story

I would say that a well-rounded general education is good for all people, then they go on to specialize in college. Especially useful are things like spelling, capitalization, punctuation and grammar. It seems that you didn't pay attention in that area, so how would you notice details of the building you were in?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Stupid is the normal human condition.

Thats why all that "progress" that people disdain is something I desire.

I'd prefer for us to advance past our norm - because our norm is so god damn depressingly dumb.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This just reminded me of a story the German equivalent to the British "Sun", the BILD Zeitung ran over here a couple of months ago.

It was a story about a teenager who drunk-drove his car into a tree and died, the mother had this clever insight to offer the journalist: "I don't know how this could happen. When he was drunk he always used to drive extra carefully, after all, he didn't have a drivers license."

My only thought was "natural selection in action"

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

You do know that you were replying to a different person and not me right?

And the Symbology is actually on the building on the outside and not on the inside, I'll try and dig those pictures up.

I went to two different high schools so I can show you the different pictures, if I still have them.

Edited to add: Be kind to people and their spelling for some people, English is not their first language.

edited to add: Found one picture, trust me it's good enough, they are on all schools anyways. Just don't know how to post it

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Edited to add: Sorry the picture is so big, it is my first time posting a picture, please make an acceptance, thank you.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

heres a better one a guy has nothing better to do than attack forums

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join