It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Stone Spheres of Costa Rica and a US Agent

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

The other problem with big boulders is the area is full of trees, which would make them move even slower. I would think an army would see (and hear) them coming and just move out of the way.

I wonder how many battles were thought there because so many of these boulders have been found.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by seataka

The other problem with big boulders is the area is full of trees, which would make them move even slower. I would think an army would see (and hear) them coming and just move out of the way.

I wonder how many battles were thought there because so many of these boulders have been found.

Also a great many of the spheres are small...some grapefruit-sized.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
For a people to take so much time to make one stone, I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with religion, or the spiritual. In Bosnia, many were located near burial sites, or creekbeds. (Admittedly many of these probably rolled into the creekbeds over time.)

Perhaps one was made in honor of each person who passed away, or something of that nature. Perhaps the smaller stones represent children.

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
For a people to take so much time to make one stone, I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with religion, or the spiritual. In Bosnia, many were located near burial sites, or creekbeds. (Admittedly many of these probably rolled into the creekbeds over time.)

Perhaps one was made in honor of each person who passed away, or something of that nature. Perhaps the smaller stones represent children.

Just a thought.

I like the idea that they represent people who've passed away. We leave stone memorials to this day and it's widespread through the ages. Some have been found in graves from the period so you might be on the right lines.

Regarding how much time it would take...some have been recreated using the technology available then. By heating and cooling the stone, it 'flakes' off in parts. A rough idea of a sphere is created by this process and then it's hammered and smoothed into a spherical shape. The 3 to 4 feet diameter ones took a week or so using this method.

There's an idea that these spheres were aligned to be used as a calender that would indicate summer and winter solstice for agricultural reasons. As it's worked out, with all the movement of the spheres and US fruit companies using the Wily T Coyote method...it's difficult to draw conclusions based on evidence. Dr Hoopes sounds like he's about to provide a good explanation...next couple of months might shed more light on the mystery.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I believe if they started digging they would find more of theses large balls.They are infact scatted all over this area from southern mexico to panama.Most are buried underground as the came from space.In paticular in southern mexico there are many strange round lakes scatted over a large area.Werer theses perfectly round lakes made from theses round balls coming from space and hitting the ground.If you look on google earth in this area you will see the holes or lakes .are many and quite large

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I believe if they started digging they would find more of theses large balls.They are infact scatted all over this area from southern mexico to panama.Most are buried underground as the came from space.In paticular in southern mexico there are many strange round lakes scatted over a large area.Werer theses perfectly round lakes made from theses round balls coming from space and hitting the ground.If you look on google earth in this area you will see the holes or lakes .are many and quite large

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by seataka

Great theory but...
Why would they be scattered like that.
If they were used in that way, I'd think they would find them all together at the top of a hill or the bottom of it, right?
But that would be an awesome defense, for sure.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

Could you post an image for those of us that don't have GE please?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Good thread, buddy. S&F

I was just thinking about these. Saw a show on History.

[Awaiting my avatar]

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

S & F

On a roll.......

Anyhoo Harte made not one BUT two funnies.

RE: Spheres.

I've always imagined that they were originally laid out in a certain pattern to mirror the stars above. Which accounts for their varying size and locations. BUT now many have been dug up and a large percentage have been moved from their original locations.

We will never know

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join