It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As of April 9, 2010

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I count you ATS. I depend on you keeping me posted with up-to-the-minute news.

This is late breaking news.

width="500" height="400"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/TUdP4GMZFuk&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="400">

[edit on 9-4-2010 by WarriorKing]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Why does it do that?

This happened once before and I do not know what to change to fix it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

done

Click the button labeled "YouTube video" then only enter the video number, not the entire embed code.

Also, I want those three minutes of my life back.

[edit on 4/9/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorKing

Okay what about the video?

It looks like a video recording from IRAS or an orbiting telescope or just an earth telescope.

Anyways, I just see different light filters on the video and the pulsating thing looks like the sun, even though you only see a portion of it.

It's easiest to tell it is the sun, due to what looks like solar flares and solar wind, JMO though.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorKing

width="500" height="400"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/TUdP4GMZFuk&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="400">

immediately closed video, # rock music and poor video quality with no logic or reasoning, just biased text with no fundamental scientific method in order to come to a reasonable conclusion. Thanks for the time waste.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I saw another SOHO yt vid a few days ago, and the screen was flickering for a second, sun spasms or some thing.. ..

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by misteRee

immediately closed video, # rock music and poor video quality with no logic or reasoning, just biased text with no fundamental scientific method in order to come to a reasonable conclusion. Thanks for the time waste.

Exactly my sentiment. I was waiting for some profound evidence instead we have a video of solar (probably) activity and an "ink blot" test on the background stars.

This is the sort of total nonsense that ATS needs to stop. In fact no, let's keep it but assign to a "most likely nonsense" category. That way ATS moderators will not be accused of censorship and yet reasonable content we can debate is left for the rest of us that have lives......

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

This is the sort of total nonsense that ATS needs to stop. In fact no, let's keep it but assign to a "most likely nonsense" category. That way ATS moderators will not be accused of censorship and yet reasonable content we can debate is left for the rest of us that have lives......

That's a great idea, i don't want to stop freedom of speech, but certainly stupidity, unfounded statements not based on any logic or reason that has been carried out.

Im actively trying to oppose people that make such statements on ATS as it doesn't help discussion, and just further confuses the easily led or gullable who have come here for some incite into the truth.

Peace out to you from Newcastle

[edit on 9//4/1010 by misteRee]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Interesting.

ATS is by NO MEANS a place I'd trust to "get my news" from. That's about as bad an idea as getting your news from a network news agency.

ATS is a great to view the various opinions, speculations, and interpretations on news stories - along with copious amounts of rage and drama approaching the LD50 threshold... but I wouldn't trust this community when it comes to objectivity and accuracy. While I value being exposed to differing opinions, if I wanted an opinion AS my news, I could just watch the pundits on TV... and there'd be less sensationalism.

Really, there's enough information being transmitted across so many mediums that you can get a good "pulse" for what's going on by just letting it come to you as you go about your daily activities. If I hear something that strikes my interest, or stresses my thresh hold for cognitive dissidence, then I'll sample the story from various sources. Conservative news sites, Liberal news sites, Foreign News sites, Public Broadcasting News sites, Independent Blogs, etc. Try to get a view of the story from a broad range of views from which formulate my understanding. How well formulated that view becomes is dependent upon how relevant or important that story is to my livelihood/interests.

You'd be amazed at just how transitory and irrelevant the vast bulk of news is.

There is nothing more sobering than a 30 year old newspaper. You can't figure out what the headlines mean. You don't know who the people are. Theodore Green, John Sparkman, George Reedy, Jack Watson, Kenneth Duberstein. You thumb through page after page of vanished concerns — issues that apparently were vitally important at the time, and now don't matter at all. It's amazing how many pressing concerns are literally of the moment. They won't matter in six months, and certainly not in six years. And if they won't matter then, are they really worth our attention now? - Michael Crichton

Now, that was in the context of a speech he was giving on Climate Science and Complexity - to establish a proposition that I don't really agree with. However, as an independent observation standing on it's own merits, there is some wisdom in that sentiment. And he's not the only one to have picked up on this.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I do genuinely thank you for your help.

As to the second part of your posting....
HERE you go!

Its done.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by misteRee

Please, please; do not take my word for it.

Go download the jpg - IMAGES - which video viewing does not do justice.

Once there, you will change your tune in a heartbeat.

Guaranteed.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by misteRee

After today, you will need me no more telling you what others will soon tell you and you see yourself all too soon.

Video poor quality? Hardly that with all the aliens standing in the way of the camera lens!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

I'd have to disagree with your assessment that ATS isn't a great place for news as I drink heavily from the firehose at meal times and I am constantly impressed by the timliness posters pick up stories and IMO it's a great place to get sources. Everything else you stated about any kind of insightful analysis or discussion is of course perfectly true as well, but I'm far more apt to delve down a long thread in political madness than breaking news. Thanks!

gj

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Any person over 5 years old can see in this video that there are TWO sources of light.

One, being our familiar sun of course, the other in the upper right corner.................?

Can you give us a better understanding of what we are seeing here?

In other words, could you shed some light on the subject?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

no you can't. People rely on youtube videos written by people with the spelling and grammar of a pre-schooler.

It's not breaking, it's dire. Simple as

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Interesting video. Having said that, I am astounded by the remarks made about ats not being a good place to get your news. It may not be the best for a weather or traffic report but I`ve seen stories on here almost a full 24 hours before it`s ever on any news stations, if it ever gets released publicly. Especially earthquakes and such! Perhaps a more accurate statement would be: "ATS, like any other place that allows free speech, has some members who`s opinion I don`t agree with. However, using a tool known as logic, I can differentiate the posts that make sense to me from the ones who don`t, and therefore find content that is indeed beneficial to myself and to opinions which I do agree with." I like your idea of checking multiple sources, but one of those sources should be ATS as it offers some benefits not found elsewhere. Can we agree on that? You don`t have to answer me, I rarely visit a thread more than once.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Interesting video. Having said that, I am astounded by the remarks made about ats not being a good place to get your news. It may not be the best for a weather or traffic report but I`ve seen stories on here almost a full 24 hours before it`s ever on any news stations, if it ever gets released publicly. Especially earthquakes and such! Perhaps a more accurate statement would be: "ATS, like any other place that allows free speech, has some members who`s opinion I don`t agree with. However, using a tool known as logic, I can differentiate the posts that make sense to me from the ones who don`t, and therefore find content that is indeed beneficial to myself and to opinions which I do agree with." I like your idea of checking multiple sources, but one of those sources should be ATS as it offers some benefits not found elsewhere. Can we agree on that? You don`t have to answer me, I rarely visit a thread more than once.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by misteRee

There is always that one kernal of truth available to those who can spot it - even if it is misspelled.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Video softens jpg images - you simply cannot grasp the difference until you SEE the difference.

I have placed the most recent NASA images for April 9 and the 10th so far today, in image hosting, here;

picasaweb.google.com...#

Get them - enlarge them - view them - examine them = then we talk.

(On a side note: better tell every person you know to go see these images also).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join