It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comparison of Compact Semi-Automatic Handguns PDF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Been a while since I last shared a goody
and with so many people thinking about buying small concealable handguns I thought to share this neat little Comparison of Compact Semi-Automatic Handguns PDF... 10 pages with photos and spec charts

This is meant to be a comparison of compact semi-automatic handguns of greater than or equal to six inches in length, but lessthan seven. Further restrictions are the guns must currently be in production and one of the following calibers.
a. 380 ACP
b. 9 x 19
c. 357 Sig
d 40 S&W
e. 10mmd. 45 ACP
f. 45 GAP

This chart does not pretend to pick any one above the other's just shows you what's out there to help you make your choice... each gun listed has a photo with specs plus an idea of how well it fills a normal adult males hand...

You can Download this right here on ATS from my media account
as always its in Adobe Acrobat PDF formant... you do need acrobat reader to view... if you have any problems let me know...
Click here to get your copy of Comparason of Compact handguns

[edit on 9-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You knew this was coming, there is a glaring omission here of both Ruger and Keltec pistols, yet HiPoint was included
Half my pistols have been officially "dissed"

Still, good info on all the other pistols. I particularly like the hand comparisons, I like a full grip so if you choose a smaller pistol you will probably want the mag extensions.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The hand position is so cool! Very useful.

Why would you want extended mag Animals? The whole point of sub-compact is to be concealable as possible - the fewer rounds the better. Not meant to take out a platoon. You want something tiny, slim, and maybe 6 rounds or so. Even the revolvers are too 'thick'.

Glock makes the best in my opinion subcompact, single stack magazine. I like 9mm.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by As The Animals
You knew this was coming, there is a glaring omission here of both Ruger and Keltec pistols, yet Hi Point was included
Half my pistols have been officially "dissed"

Still, good info on all the other pistols. I particularly like the hand comparisons, I like a full grip so if you choose a smaller pistol you will probably want the mag extensions.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Sakthi Animals]

As per title your LCP and my P94 dint meet the requirements to make the list..

compact semi-automatic handguns of greater than or equal to six inches in length but less than seven

lcp is only 5.16 inches long... well short of the 6 inch... placing that in the ultra-compact
P94 is 7.5 inches long- mine is in the standard size...

[edit on 9-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

I like having as many fingers on the grip as possible, it is easier to shoot accurately and retain the weapon in hand.
I personally carry a Ruger LCP, only 6 shots and fits anywhere. .380 is the minimum size round I would consider for any type of self-defense. I have no intention of taking on a platoon,, I'll leave that to the rambo wannabes.
So no Rugers or Keltecs fit within those specs? hmm.

top topics

join