It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura America is a Terrorist Nation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
An amazing interview by Jesse Ventura in which he calls the government conspiracy theorists he calls for the abolishing of the income Tax and a lot more :

economycollapse.blogspot.com...

The Governments are Conspiracy Theorists too they do not prove anything they just tell you their theories
Former Gov. Jesse Ventura tells Alan why be believes the U.S. is a terrorist nation and why he backs a national sales tax. The governments are conspiracy theorists too they just give their theories they do not give any proofs ...the speech of Obama and that of Ronald Reagan are the same so how comes Sarah Palin and the Republicans complain about Obama and they do not complain about Ronald Reagan , Jesse Ventura says that he is independent and that he is Fiscally conservative , socially liberal ( that's sounds like a libertarian to me ) , Jesse Ventura wants to abolish the income tax and go to the national sales Tax

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
very nicely said Jesse! i couldnt find one thing to disagree with him on.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jane_Rogers

I think we should abolish the income tax and not replace it with anything.

The Constitution creates a perfectly fine way of the federal government deriving its tax revenue.

Tariffs and excise fees.

The beauty of tariffs is that they cause corporations to lobby against them. For example, say a steel manufacturer wants tariffs on foreign steel so he can monopolize the domestic market.

Everyone that uses steel has an incentive to lobby against such a tariff because it damages their ability to get steel competitively from foreign sources.

Also, foreign producers will not be impacted by a tariff on steel, which means they will be able to sell their finished products cheaper, which in turn also damages domestic final producers. This is further incentive for domestic final product producers to lobby against higher tariffs on steel.

Tariffs are a beautiful way for the federal government to tax because it causes industry lobbyists to lobby against them. - this inherently keeps them at low levels.

Income taxes are illegal under natural law. The government has no right to a persons paycheck. The notion that government owns a portion of your pay is a purely communist ideology.

One thing to keep in mind about sales taxes are that they have no direct impact on industry at all and they effect all industry equally. This means the incentives for industry lobbyists to lobby against high sales taxes are low.

As far as income taxes go, at the very least payroll taxes need to be repealed. If there must be an income tax, then it should only be applied to capital gains. Capital gains taxes create fairly large incentives for industry to lobby against them. Hence, why we see extremely low capital gains taxes today.

Any tax that inherently targets consumers or people working for a wage should be rejected outright.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yep. Sales tax is the way to go.
If you don't want to pay tax. Then don't buy anything.
Barter everything you can from someone else for a fair trade.

In a related story. I had a friend that took a computer he had laying around and bartered that for something else. up until the point he could afford to buy a truck and boat he got bored of the boat. bartered again for a chopper. Then he bartered the chopper for a nice classic 70's truck.

Craigslist if played right is an awesome place to barter for things.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by grey580]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jane_Rogers

Fiscally conservative , socially liberal ( that's sounds like a libertarian to me )

Most libertarians don't even know that Libertarianism leans more socially liberal on local and state levels. Good on Jesse Ventura for knowing the difference. I too am a fiscal conservative, social liberal. Small government more beneficial directly to the people not the corporations.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I like Jesse Ventura as a general rule, but I do not think for one second that Jesse Ventura has any original thoughts of his own. While he has a colorful career and has been a respected Governor of a State, it still in no way makes him out to be a real leader or an individual thinker of note that would benefit this nation should he decide to run for some political office.

While I realize that there are a thousand politicians that Jesse could replace and do as good if not at better job, but for the most part, Jesse Ventura is too laid back to be a good president and he is too dense in the brain to realize that he does not have the intellectual capacity to sit at the same table with the giants of politics and the leaders of other nations. They would eat his bones and we as nation would be looking at a lame duck politician worse off than Obama, Palin and or even Glenn Beck.

Jesse Ventura is a marginally good talk show guest and can help spread a message, but Jesse Ventura has no message of his own and has no leadership ability to create his own message without someone telling him what to say. As such, I don't consider Jesse Ventura as anything but a public figure that does nothing to make America more free than it currently is.

Jesse is not what we as a nation need in a leader and if he doesn't know that, then he is just another brain dead, ex wrestler that has been hit in the head one too many times. Jesse means well, but he contributes nothing meaningful to any political pursuit.

We don't need Hollywood flash and a smile, we need moral courage and an understanding of politics enough to know how to affect change. If you have to depend on a group of experts to make a decision, then you are out of your league and do not need to be making decisions.

Time will tell, but Jesse is just buying some time and milking the exposure while he still can. Besides, he's pushing his new book and is expected to be out and about doing the PR thing. In that regard, I wish him the best.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

I concur. However, our concurrence does not hold me to agree with you about him not having an original thought.

Jesse is a slow talker who sometimes misuses words. Better than that fast talker, George W, that also flubbed the meaning of words. I still howl at subliminable but I guess that's a case of mangling a word. Sometimes slow talkers are mistaken to be less intelligent than those that speak quickly. I have made the mistake in the past of misreading someone for that very reason.

The biggest reason to not have Jesse Ventura run for office is because he can better serve humanity by doing exactly what he is doing now. So I hope he continues to rattle chains, occassionally vist Alex Jones and continue to relax on Mexico for good stretches of time.

God Bless ya Jesse! Keep up the good work.

Jason

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Income taxes are illegal under natural law. The government has no right to a persons paycheck. The notion that government owns a portion of your pay is a purely communist ideology.

I'd love to see your source on this one. Income taxes were invented by the Han Dynasty China in the year 10 a.c.e. In Great Britain, the income tax started in 1798. Marx was not even born until 1818 and the Communist Manifesto was not published until 1848.

Also, where do you get the natural law bit from? The United States Constitution is based off of natural law theory and it allows for income tax. The same is true of the law codes in the United Kingdom and most other modern nations with democratic traditions.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
You gotta love Jesse V. Fiscally conservative and socially liberal is the way to go. Unfortunately our 2 major parties are both fiscally liberal (no matter what they say, its what they do), and they are both socially conservative (again, no matter what they say, its what they do).

Basically both major parties have it backwards. If I have to pick between the parties I lean democrat but would love a fiscally conservative, socially liberal government.

Can we get a Ron Paul / Jesse V ticket please? And start cloning them for congress.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
He had better watch his mouth, he is going to talk him self into public service. what a kick ass day that is going to be.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Isent he a former Vietnam era US Navy SEAL? The mere sight of him is enough to scare he #less! As for ideas ideas, like all politicians I have some I like and some I dislike.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
ya gotta love Jesse
even though he was a pro wrestler
he's got b@lls and tells the truth

Id vote for him as president

Go Jesse !!!

loved tha thread BTW

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
The United States Constitution is based off of natural law theory and it allows for income tax. The same is true of the law codes in the United Kingdom and most other modern nations with democratic traditions.

Nowhere in the United States Constitution is there authority for any income tax. The Constitution specifically forbid a tax on the states that was not proportionate and the 16th Amendment was falsely, deceitfully, and illegally used it to declare the unratified amendment to be ratified by the states in order to illegally allow an income tax. In other words they pulled a fast one and got away with it. Therefor the income tax is unconstitutional but our government isn't about to repeal it. A lot of what our government has been doing has been unconstitutional lately. Foreign troops and United Nations troops were doing exercises on our soil last fall in NLE'09. President Obama is supposed to be a natural born citizen and refuses to release documentation and stonewalls it. Obama is not allowed to hold any office of any foreign country while he is president but he became head of the Security Council of the UN which was illegal for him to do. Laws only apply when they can be enforced. If the government doesn't care to enforce the laws there is not much the people can do. Obama declared a swine flu emergency to allow his friends to capitalize on the American taxpayers. If that is not corruption, what is? The whole and entire purpose of the government of the United States is to enable private corporations to bleed the taxpayers.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by m khan]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jane_Rogers
The Governments are Conspiracy Theorists too they do not prove anything they just tell you their theories

The governments are conspiracy theorists too they just give their theories they do not give any proofs

nah i don't think that

if you tried to hold that argument, then you'd assume ANYTHING that couldn't neccessarily be proven without a doubt is nothing more than 'theory' or 'conspiracy'
and there are alot of things that common man knows and deals with on a daily basis that do not need such verification

but all in all he is right, for alot of his arguments against the government, the government response to him has always been just as much a proven fact as jesse's side of the argument

he's the man, but he's a little on the weird side... hahaha

new topics

top topics

join