It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's poll numbers?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Oh come on anti-Obama guys....someone go look at the numbers I posted and tell me they are wrong.

The thing I hate most about the internet is that people just dissapear when facts come to the table.

They are wrong.

You want facts? Here are facts.

Democratic Party Image drops to Record Low

www.gallup.com...

That's a Gallup Poll. The Democrats' approval number is now BELOW the approval number for the Republican Party at 41%. And at this time last year it was at 54%. What does that tell you? It should tell you that people are getting FED UP with how the Democrats in Congress and Obama are running things.

Also, Gallup's approval numbers for Obama are in sharp contrast to OldDragger's:

www.gallup.com...

They show an approval rating of 49% with a disapproval rating of 46%. Half polled like how he's handling things but almost half don't. Where do you think that number is headed when Obama starts his BS with Cap and Trade and Illegal Immigration?

So here's the clear picture - Half of those polled don't like the job Obama is doing and more than half polled don't like the way the Democratic Party is headed with their "TAX TAX TAX" philosophy.

To me that spells a huge reckoning coming in November. Better get ready for it now. And that's a fact.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by sos37]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

First of all they aren't my numbers.
Second, my point was that there is ( once again), no massive dissaproval of Obama, the one that is exaggerated by Tea Party and other propaganda. It simply is a fiction.
The country is still divided along the same lines they have been for the last ten years. Your own cite confirms this.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I knew I wouldn't be dissapointed...someone will always try to distort facts to push their agenda.

They are wrong.

Well...I'm not talking about the Democratic Party Image...I'm talking about Obama. But nice try in attempting to mis-direct the topic to numbers that will coincide with your agenda...but I'm not going to bite.

Let's stay on topic.

Also, Gallup's approval numbers for Obama are in sharp contrast to OldDragger's:

They show an approval rating of 49% with a disapproval rating of 46%. Half polled like how he's handling things but almost half don't. Where do you think that number is headed when Obama starts his BS with Cap and Trade and Illegal Immigration?

If Obama stays above 40% by the time the 2012 campaign starts...he is fine and will be re-elected easily.

But how is this a "sharp contrast"??? 49% after all this past year has seen...that is damn good. Plus, he is still in the positive index according to the poll you quote....I still like to go with the average though that doesn't show such a large margin...but still a very comfortable spot for Obama to be in. (HINT: don't believe Fox News when they say approval ratings in the 40's are bad).

So here's the clear picture - Half of those polled don't like the job Obama is doing and more than half polled don't like the way the Democratic Party is headed with their "TAX TAX TAX" philosophy.

To me that spells a huge reckoning coming in November. Better get ready for it now. And that's a fact.

That is not a very clear picture at all...it is a lot of opinion and even more speculation.

I have no misconceptions about November...Dems will lose seats...it is almost a given. But Republicans are not going to take the majority in either the house or the senate...not even close. I think they will take 3-5 in the senate and maybe 10-15 in the house.

The wins will be overblown...over looking the fact that the controlling party almost always loses seats in a mid-term election. 2012 will paint a much clearer picture...which I have no idea what it will be at that time...2012 is a long ways off....heck...November is a long ways off in the political world.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

reply to post by lilwolf

Why are you trying so hard to distort the facts by using ONLY the "strongly" approve/disapprove numbers??? I guess no one elses opinion matters...only if you are REALLY REALLY for Obama or REALLY REALLY against him....does your opinion count in your opionion????

So you are basically looking at how many republicans are holding the party line vs how many democrats are holding the party line.

Be honest with yourself...look at all the numbers...not just the one that helps push your agenda.

Rasmussen does this because he has an agenda to push...otherwise he wouldn't get invited to Fox News all the time. He releases this table knowing that people like you will push these agenda numbers to make things look worse than they are...but look at the TOTAL numbers. The index really isn't -14....it is -4....but that doesn't really help your personal anti-Obama agenda...so you will WILLINGLY IGNORE DATA AND ACCEPT IGNORANCE...just to try to push your agenda a little further.

Look at the average of the polls HERE

I know it isn't good for your agenda...but the average index is a +0.8.

Now...can you be honest with yourself and come here and admit that you are intentionally trying to distort facts to push your agenda? Or are you going to say the numbers I have posted are false?

I distort nothing about the guy, the numbers are quite accurate and you post "wiki"?

Come on now use accurate polling if you are gonna do it at all... This guy has and remains a liar to not only you and I but every american in this nation... He ownders why he is gonna nothing but a 1 termer... think about it....

I have no personal agenda over this prick... but some folks do...and I have no issues with that aspect ..as long as they do actual numbering from reputable sources... and wiki sure as hell does little to impress any person wanting actual data...

and you would assume I am being intilectually dishonest... take a look in that mirror and do what you tell me not to do... stop spouting off with your agenda....

I also looked at your numbers and if you actually read they are the same ones for what i posted, just a little more explanatory is all....

[edit on 9-4-2010 by lilwolf]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lilwolf

distort nothing about the guy, the numbers are quite accurate and you post "wiki"?

So are you suggesting the historical numbers are not accurate?
Did you look at the footnotes?
Are you suggesting the Roper archives are not accurate?
What ARE you suggesting about the Wiki article?
That it proves nothing? It's simply a historical record.
WTF?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

reply to post by sos37

I knew I wouldn't be dissapointed...someone will always try to distort facts to push their agenda.

They are wrong.

Well...I'm not talking about the Democratic Party Image...I'm talking about Obama. But nice try in attempting to mis-direct the topic to numbers that will coincide with your agenda...but I'm not going to bite.

Let's stay on topic.

Hate to burst your bubble, but as Obama is a Democrat, he shapes the image of the Democratic party and affects that poll, so it's entirely relevant.

If Obama stays above 40% by the time the 2012 campaign starts...he is fine and will be re-elected easily.

But how is this a "sharp contrast"??? 49% after all this past year has seen...that is damn good. Plus, he is still in the positive index according to the poll you quote....I still like to go with the average though that doesn't show such a large margin...but still a very comfortable spot for Obama to be in. (HINT: don't believe Fox News when they say approval ratings in the 40's are bad).

Here's the sharp contrast:

44[2] Obama 29.0 69 (1/22/09) 46 (3/17/10) 23 48 (3/17/10) 57[14]

That's OldDragger's reference. See anything wrong with it? According to WIKIPEDIA, Obama's approval rating as of 3/17/2010 is at 57% - which is complete BS. Other polls consistently show an average of 49%. That's an 8% difference and I would call that a sharp contrast.

And a 49% approval rating with 46% disapproving? That leaves 5% unaccounted for (there was no margin of error given).

That is not a very clear picture at all...it is a lot of opinion and even more speculation.

I have no misconceptions about November...Dems will lose seats...it is almost a given. But Republicans are not going to take the majority in either the house or the senate...not even close. I think they will take 3-5 in the senate and maybe 10-15 in the house.

You're wearing rose colored glasses to come up with those numbers. The public disapproval rating with Democrats is at an 18-YEAR LOW, according to Gallup.

And like I said, what happens when Obama and Congress try forcing Cap and Trade and Illegal Immigration reform through on reconciliation as well? Let's see how ragged the numbers will look after that. You did say you cared about Cap and Trade, right? Or was that a lot of hot air?

The wins will be overblown...over looking the fact that the controlling party almost always loses seats in a mid-term election. 2012 will paint a much clearer picture...which I have no idea what it will be at that time...2012 is a long ways off....heck...November is a long ways off in the political world.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by sos37]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by lilwolf

distort nothing about the guy, the numbers are quite accurate and you post "wiki"?

So are you suggesting the historical numbers are not accurate?
Did you look at the footnotes?
Are you suggesting the Roper archives are not accurate?
What ARE you suggesting about the Wiki article?
That it proves nothing? It's simply a historical record.
WTF?

yes, I am stating that wiki is not always accurate... you gotta do better than that to convince me of wiki and its accuracy...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lilwolf

I'm totally disinterested in convincing you of anything.
Ok, I cop to it, Wiki conspired to alter all previous Presidents poll numbers as part of the sweeping commie/Muslim/antchrist/ anti American Obama conspiracy.
Happy now?
WOW! Another guy I'll never take seriously again!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by lilwolf

I'm totally disinterested in convincing you of anything.
Ok, I cop to it, Wiki conspired to alter all previous Presidents poll numbers as part of the sweeping commie/Muslim/antchrist/ anti American Obama conspiracy.
Happy now?
WOW! Another guy I'll never take seriously again!

oh knock it off... look at wiki... who posts the information in it...it does not always come from relaible sources... that is why i am challenging it...

Jesus christ man... look at other sources before you go there... a lot of misinformation is placed there and sometimes the numbers are just slightly off and thah has been my knock down on it... I have used it and had my ass handed to me.... that is all I am trying to say...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join