It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 5 believe aliens walk among us: Reuters Poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The Reuters Ipsos poll of 23,000 adults in 22 countries showed that more than 40 percent of people from India and China believe that aliens walk among us disguised as humans, while those least likely to believe in this are from Belgium, Sweden and the Netherlands (8 percent each).

They walk among us: 1 in 5 believe in aliens?

This is quite interesting to me. I would have thought the numbers would have been much lower. I guess the idea of aliens is growing as peoples horizons are being expanded.

Aliens exist and they live in our midst disguised as humans -- at least, that's what 20 percent of people polled in a global survey believe.

I just want to add that the below picture is the one they have in the article, and it is the typical way the MSM portrays someone who believes. The tin-foil hat to make us look like a bunch of whack jobs.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf799ea46b1d.jpg[/atsimg]

-E-

[edit on 9-4-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

I think there is a thread like this. This isn't about the numbers who believe in Ets and a government conspiracy, to keep this secret, because it was a very large number that did according to the poll.

This specifically asked whether we thought aliens walked amongst us as humans.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The true problem is how convincing the other four.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
An 2 out of 10 were just arrested.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8d8146e5018.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Am I the only one that thinks it funny that the "Nordic" nations have the lowest level of belief in this...

I can't believe 1 in 5 is an accurate number though. If I think of any group of 5 people I know, I can't think of 1 that thinks aliens are walking around disguised as humans...even if including myself.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Its an inevitible conclusion that we are being observed. It would be unnessesary to do much of anything from the ground. Its unlikely there are aliens walking around disgused as people.

but if such beliefs can controll people in a way you want.... why not encourage the idea?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree, when I saw the 20% figuer I thought it was about 15% too high from the people I talk to about existance, let alone inhabitance. I wonder if a vocal minority got hold of the poll.

-E-

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Answer me this: why would they wanna live with a dodgy bunch like us?

Another aspect i thought of: it would be quite easy to abuse the "alien existence" (or rather alien presence) phenomenon against the public. I mean, it would be like the word of God. It could pretty easily turn against the original idea of finding the truth about the subject, no?

I mean, I can sense "something" but it might as well be ourselves. Maybe we are the mystic spacemen of the future

[edit on 9/4/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

It'd be fun to see some great overlapping pie-chart of the results these relentless polls create. They consistently fail to reflect the opinions or beliefs of anyone I know.

Like everyone, I know more than a hundred people as friends, family, colleagues and acquaintances...and still can't think of one that believes aliens walk amongst among us.

Maybe the poll question was 'Do you believe aliens walk among us?' The results show up to 1 in 5 people have a sense of humour and mischief.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
You are all around you. Even through you. Don't punish your eyes so, they can only see the rainbow of your world.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
You are all around you. Even through you. Don't punish your eyes so, they can only see the rainbow of your world.

Care to explain a bit more?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

I like to stay in parts of the body. Being the entire part is unimaginable.

So let's stay on the parts of the body shall we? Yes we are all around you, even through you. Your 5 senses aren't enough to receive. But if you close your eyes...I'll be there. So will everyone else, especially those you love.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If i'd get a penny everytime somebody poses as some kind of alien on this board, I'd be a rich man

Useless.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
If you wear wear the tin-foil in the inner lining of a normal hat (ie a baseball cap) , no-one will know its even there. Trust me - its still just as effective, and no-one will think you're a wack-job.

John

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Millions

If you wear wear the tin-foil in the inner lining of a normal hat (ie a baseball cap) , no-one will know its even there. Trust me - its still just as effective, and no-one will think you're a wack-job.

John

They connect something to your brain in another dimension... A tin foil hat won't stop the transmissions at all.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Myuzik]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

LOL at the comments on Yahoo! The numbers seem suspicious about India and China as opposed to the rest of the world. This topic is of great interest to me and is one of the two main reasons that I joined this site. I have met a few people that have made me wonder about this and I might well be wrong. I fully realize that, yet I'm not able to completely discount the possibility. What concerns me about these people is what I feel when I look into their eyes...a feeling that's hard to describe. I'm not proposing that they may be alien, but their eyes disturb me. Maybe they have cancer? Maybe I'm off base? Does anyone relate to this?

PS...the aluminum foil hat must be the intergalactic version of the Cheesehead...now there's a real conspiracy.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by ibiubu]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myuzik

Originally posted by Millions

John

They connect something to your brain in another dimension... A tin foil hat won't stop the transmissions at all.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Myuzik]

awwwww come on, we already all know what the fool proof method is...

www.stopabductions.com...

THE THOUGHT SCREEN HELMET STOPS SPACE ALIENS FROM ABDUCTING HUMANS.

IT'S BEEN USED SUCCESSFULLY BY FORMER ABDUCTEES FOR TEN YEARS.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
sounds to me that its about time the gov told us some stuff they 've been keeping to them selfs

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
1 in 5 as per the survey. I wonder what the result would be if ATS members were asked the same question?

1 out of 1 so far!

top topics

join