It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criticism of Israel is Not Anti-Semitism Rules Scottish Sheriff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

A sheriff has ruled that criticism of Israel is not anti-Semitism

“The sheriff could have hidden behind generalities but today in court we discussed the state of Israel specifically and the sheriff ruled in open court that it is perfectly legitimate to criticise the crimes of the state of Israel and that does not in any way constitute racism of any kind.

www.heraldscotland.com...

Nice to see common sense prevail occasionally

After all, it's only recently that an Israeli spokesperson described the British as 'dogs', then reportedly added that he really shouldn't speak of dogs that way, or words to that effect

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Finally somebody denies the playing of the anti-semite card when Israel is criticised...

However, I'm sure the Zionist friendly judiciary further up the food chain will uphold the original charges when this is appealed

Just goes to show that anti-racism laws worldwide were largely put in place due to lobbying by one group in particular that can't handle any criticism whatsoever...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Its rather obvious criticizing someone's steps or moves is not racism. I dont bother with the word antisemitism anymore coz it has become a joke of sorts..so I'll stick with the word racism.

One does not need courts approval to judge right or wrong...if the sheriff would have ruled otherwise also it wouldn't have really mattered except for public consumption. Listen to everyone..see everything but analyse, asses and decide on your own. Most of all put yourself in the place of victim and the aggressor and then decide.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The fact this even had to be given any consideration or debate in the first place is quite shocking and sad i must say...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
But now would islam/muslum (sp?) fall under the same ruling? I seriously doubt it. It seems as if we've got a double standard going on.

top topics

join