It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Vice Admiral Apologizes and Surrenders Himself for Afghan Deaths To Afghan Family

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Explanation: I accept your ad hominen attack as evidence that meets the burden of proof required to have directly invoked Godwins Law!
[Armchair Quaterback, Troll, Nazi ect! A rose by any other name is just as sweet!
]

Care to Refute???

Personal Disclosure: I never said you didn't have a right to complain! I just asked if you did OK! Since you do have a right [I accept that you do at face value], please complain away as I would appreciate reading your POV on this issue!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

and , what evidence do you have for your excuses of participating in the
genocide of poor people in the middle east . you have no fact and murderer is a murderer . period .

you will reap what you sow , when the russians will come , they will be worser than the mongols , and will spare none of you from death .

till then, enjoy your murdering poor people . as far as mercy is concerned you americans will deserve none , and will get none . when usa collapses or is destroyed by Russia

Death to demonic satanic USA

[edit on 10-4-2010 by sadchild01]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Explanation: I accept your ad hominen attack as evidence that meets the burden of proof required to have directly invoked Godwins Law!

And what about Modernacademia's law of recursion?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You have invoked that law!
I haven't alerted the authorities so worry not!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The US has no right to be in Afghanistan. The attack on that country in 2001 was said to be a revenge for 9/11, but we all know 9/11 was a false flag attack and Afghanistan had nothing to do with it all. Now they have been there for 9 years and they wont leave anytime soon either.

Its ridiculous to act like other countries hate America because of their "freedom".

The reasons are obvious to all.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Forgiveness is the only way forward! they know it an we know it to!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Explanation: Yes I fully agree that I invoked Godwin's Law 100%!

I've by chance RANTED about that myself in this BTS thread here...

The Conspiracy of Grammar Nazi's to invoke Godwins Law!

Personal Disclosure: I have no problem invoking it at all and I also have no problem with other people invoking it either!

The real question is whether its invocation was VALID or not!

So I am charged [by Xtrozero] as being an Armchair Quaterback!

I as the defendant can't self assess that as it would be unethical to do so!

I ask that you as the OP'er of this thread make that assessment and let me know OK! I fully accept what ever you decide [for the purposes of this thread alone] and will comply fully with your request to have me leave this thread of yours alone if that is what you really want OK!

P.S. I note all of that was off topic

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I ask that you as the OP'er of this thread make that assessment and let me know OK! I fully accept what ever you decide [for the purposes of this thread alone] and will comply fully with your request to have me leave this thread of yours alone if that is what you really want OK!

P.S. I note all of that was off topic

Oh no I didn't mean it that way
I just feel that Godwin's law is overused that's all

I don't have the power to decide anything i'm not a Mod and have no power to decide anything far as the direction of the thread

Carry on

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
Taliban were not an Afghan product. Are you sure that Afghani's that were being controlled by warlords as you say were also crazy extremist Muslims as you say? Taliban is something modern. Warlords and Afghani nomads didn't have to do anything more with them, as much as Islamist extremism didn't have to do anything more with them too.

Well they were not called Taliban when the US supported those who fought against Russia, but the religious ideology has always been in that region. I’m not sure your point here for that support was 30 years ago and I don’t see a lot of older men running around being Taliban. Even their president today is an ex-warlord. I’m not supporting our efforts over there and I feel we should just leave and stay away 100 years or so, but Afghanistan has huge strategic value to Russia that no one can deny and why they tried to take it over 30 years ago.

What is interesting is even with the US involvement over there most see Iran and Russia as pulling the strings in keeping the region destabilized. I really thought that I would see a huge anti-US attitude and I have not in every country I been in over there. I also find most are actually knowledgeable in would events for their region, and it was surprising to me.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01

you will reap what you sow , when the russians will come , they will be worser than the mongols , and will spare none of you from death .

till then, enjoy your murdering poor people . as far as mercy is concerned you americans will deserve none , and will get none . when usa collapses or is destroyed by Russia

Death to demonic satanic USA

Where not the Russians the start of all this in the late 70s?

So Russia is your savior? I hate to break the truth to you, but EVERY country will do what they see as what is best for them without regard of other countries' needs. Russia and China are no different than the US, history shows that. I can tell you we can argue over the fighting but with the US being there is a huge boom for that country. We have dump like a trillion dollars into it and just as we did in building most of the infrastructure 20 to 30 years ago we will leave and the country at a level that could never achieve on their own. What they do with it is on them though.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Personal Disclosure: I never said you didn't have a right to complain! I just asked if you did OK! Since you do have a right [I accept that you do at face value], please complain away as I would appreciate reading your POV on this issue!

My POV is we should never have gone to Afghanistan or Iraq. The cost in life lost and trillions of wasted dollars was just not worth it. Suffering and lack of freedom over there is a way of life and in Iraq even after 7 years they have little desire to rise above what they were, so Saddam or some other sadistic dictator is just the norm for that region, and also in the case of Afghanistan there will be continued internal wars of extremist passing the control of the country back and forth with a lot of innocent people suffering and dying, but that is just the way it is and most importantly no one really wants to change.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

While I agree that the whole world should learn from this, it is naive to think that suicide bombers are, in general, more "suicidal" than they are "bombers." To give justification to their HOMICIDAL acts against other human beings. Not saying our military has been in the right, but these men who strap bombs to themselves are not doing it, in general, because they are grieving. They are doing it for the honor received in fighting the Great Satan and the virgins they will receive upon such a murderous death.

If you ask me, it's another political stunt to show that the American soldiers, who have "accidentally killed some innocents" are not all that bad and we should still support them. It's also an attempt to get people to think exactly like you are, that these bombers are simply in a vengeful state of grieving and that it isn't radical Islam that we should be worried about.

Odd that this should happen around the same time as Obama takes out the "Jihad" and "radical Islam" issues from some of the documents regarding our military as well as the recent release of the wiki-leaks video.

It may be genuine, but I say it's a political stunt.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

People's different views are what creates dialog and forces people to think and without different views this place would be very boring indeed.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel
While I agree that the whole world should learn from this, it is naive to think that suicide bombers are, in general, more "suicidal" than they are "bombers." To give justification to their HOMICIDAL acts against other human beings. Not saying our military has been in the right, but these men who strap bombs to themselves are not doing it, in general, because they are grieving. They are doing it for the honor received in fighting the Great Satan and the virgins they will receive upon such a murderous death.

I don't mean any hostility in this, I swear I don't
But anyone with that type of opinion simply needs to get out more

I mean that from a scientific level in fact
People are people, too many people forget this!
They in fact forget that they themselves are people.
That's a foundation to understand everyone else while not taking it too far

Bush to me was a religious dictator, he was YOUR president keep in mind

I can believe some people, just as christians, would die for their religion, but I don't believe it's for virgins in the afterlife.

To me, someone who believes that needs to get out more.
In fact, I don't think you would believe that if you really thought about it

But yes I do agree with you that some of them are in it because of religion
I do not deny that

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Honestly, I think it's the getting out more that opens your eyes to the things I mentioned above.

Honor and Hospitality are two of the most important things to a person with a Middle-Eastern worldview. It's not too hard to find videos of women crying yet at the same time declaring how wonderful their husband/son was for being a suicide bomber. Not only does the dead person gain reward in their paradise, but the family is looked upon as being an example to follow, and the surviving family members are honored. Honor matters above all else, even the bonds between family members! If this were not so, fathers and brothers would not be killing their sisters because they held hands with a boy they weren't being forced to marry. By killing the girl, they have covered her shame and maintained their honor.

Obviously not every Muslim is like that, just the 10% or so that want to destroy the Great Satan and all those living in it.

I know people are people (unless they turn out to be reptilians
). I'm not denying that real grieving would take place after the death of a loved one in those situations. I'm just saying the whole thing seems... off.

I love what Alfred had to say in the most recent Batman Movie when explaining why the Joker was so dangerous. Some people just want to watch the world burn...

[edit] P.S. I can't stand Bush, or any Anti-American dictator posing as president for that matter. I think every president over the last 20 or so years should be tried for treason, but that's a different thread.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Mykahel]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
What gets me about the people on here that try and tout the Afghan people and culture as being I think some idiot said "light years a head of western culture" why do they still live in mud huts ? and mate with their mules when they aren't riding them. Treat woman and children like property, and trade human life like baseball cards.
Are all Afghans bad ? no, are all Americans bad ? no but we are a head of the game no matter what it is. And those of you who try to invest your emotions into issues like this exhibit the same profile and or mentality as the ones blowing up woman and children in the name what ever deity they are serving ATM.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The admiral did a good thing in responsibly trying to take blame for his mens actions. And has also stopped one more man from becoming a suicide bomber in revenge.
It provides one more ring of truth that some "terrorists" are not such, but are avenging wrongs done to them. That man lost 2 women of his family, if it happened to us westerners, I'm sure we'd react the same.

to above poster:
proof of said "mule matings"....or shhhh. dont be foolish.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by ahmonrarh]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnight_sun
What gets me about the people on here that try and tout the Afghan people and culture as being I think some idiot said "light years a head of western culture" why do they still live in mud huts ? and mate with their mules when they aren't riding them. Treat woman and children like property, and trade human life like baseball cards.
Are all Afghans bad ? no, are all Americans bad ? no but we are a head of the game no matter what it is. And those of you who try to invest your emotions into issues like this exhibit the same profile and or mentality as the ones blowing up woman and children in the name what ever deity they are serving ATM.

You presume that our technology and wealth are an adequate measure of a man. Or that we have somehow achieved a pinnacle of humanity.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
i don't even know why the United States is over there. Karsi is a joke, and any U.S. solider killed over there has died in vain...

So stupid...

While he's over there smoking pot and opium, the United States and it's dummies still continue to think that there will be any cooperation by foreign governments.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

I have an Idea why the US is over there.. and it may just be for OIL, or it may be trying to impliment democrocy, or it may be just to expand the empire...

But, again, as I have seen stated in this thread. "people are people" unless of course it seems that you happen to be a US. soldier... if you fall into that catagory, well it seems that you are just a wanton killer nowadays. you just want to kill "innocents" and you are "stupid" for joining the US military. so therefore all those US. military individuals that lose thier lives, somehow deserve it...

Those that are opposed to the US involvement in the middleast, seem to me to take great pains to "educate"all to the "fact" that the US. is "killing" people... and state that "killing" is Wrong...

then in the next sentence or paragraph, they are more than happy to state that not only is it ok, but it is well desereved for US. servicemen and women to be targeted and killed... and they have no sympathy whatsoever at all...

Again, what happened to "PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE"???? life is life? How are some "people" able to state that an afgani's life is worth more than an americans? AND VICE VERSA? how can those that oppose this war take pleasure in the death of one soldier, while being appalled by the death of a "freedom fighter"??

Death is Death!! the loss of life, by the means of violence is abhorent!! no matter what side you are on... this is just common sense... and to openly applaude one side, while condemning the other, for essentially doing the same thing, is in my opinion assinine!!!!!

sorry I am ranting again.. but still sir, in my humble opinion, you are being somewhat of a hypocrit.. I feel you are saying that it is "noble" for the "taliban" to be fighting for what they believe in, and it is wrong for the US. and the her allies to wage war against them.

yet it is ignoble, and unrightious for the US. to wage war against the Taliban for what they belive in, so therefore all that participate in this war, on the side of the US. deserve to be killed...

Again, so much for "PEOPLE BEING PEOPLE"...... in my humble opinion Very few People deserve to get killed... (some heinious ones do, again that is my Humble opinion.)

[edit on 11-4-2010 by SideWynder] oops changed HMO(mho) out to mean humble opinion.. too many "health care" threads I got confused sorry.... LOL

[edit on 11-4-2010 by SideWynder]

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join