It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Vice Admiral Apologizes and Surrenders Himself for Afghan Deaths To Afghan Family

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
An act of compassion as some call it from the US military side?

Lets look a moment at the backdrop to this mans life.

Extreme poverty, lack of medical care, lack of infrastructure.

Are you sure of this? Sounds like an assumption on your part. He had a house in a compound, and that means he had land and had crops with most likely some goats etc.

Grew up in his childhood as the US pumped billions of $ in to the region in arms, created the terrible Afghan war with Russia, trained and created the Taliban, who the CIA created and funded.

The Afghanis beat and push russians out, then the CIA & America abandon the Afghan people, this man probably in his early 20s then shell shocked already, to the murderous Taliban.

The hundreds of miles of canals were built by the Army Corps of Engineers along with 1000s of miles of roads that were not there. Many areas of barren land became usable for crops….that they decided to raise poppies on...

Sees the total totalitarian control of the Taliban as Russia and USA just watch the chaos they have caused.

Got beaten by "police" for 15 years if his beard was not the right length (by the poeople the CIA funded and armed) or he did not keep his wife covered and locked up.

So just who/what are the Taliban? Afghanistan has been controlled by WARLORDS my friend for 1000s of years. WARLORDS..I'll say it again...Taliban were one such group of many...the CIA didn't invent or create them and the CIA didn't make them crazy extremist muslins...they were already that long before US or Russia was even near that place.

Then a few years ago the Americans some back with much more firepower than the russians ever reigned down, and he sees hundreds of thousands of tons of bombs carpet bombing the entire country esp the mountains/caves.

You just make this stuff up on the fly?

Then they come by foot, ....snip rant...

Nice story, but then you never been there, so not much to comment on...

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Explanation: Just because I havent posted doesn't mean that I'm not responsible for those deaths either! I have NO EXCUSE! Do you???

Personal Disclosure: I try to pick my battles effectively and I have a right to bitch in this case as it [the actions taken by the US] DIRECTLY put the lives of those Australian Diggers, who I have allowed [by design or default] to partake in this War on Terror, in an UNACCEPTABLE clear and present danger! The SitX was already disgustingly BAD and these actions by the US have just made it WORSE! This is not to say that the BS that goes on in Africa is excusable either! But way to go to try and make this thread about me and deflect attention away from the real issue at hand!

link   

Is it a war crime anytime a civilian dies in a war?

Yes, but then war is a crime against humanity itself, regardless of what scenario caused it.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by acrux]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

Offering the sheep is the traditional offering. Traditional enough that it is given a name.

It isn't money. It is tradition.

We are westerners. Of course it is difficult for us to understand. Now you know why we are at war with them. Killing is easier than understanding.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

People are people!!!!! And I have had the unfortunate task of depriving People of the one thing that they should hold most dear... LIFE!!!

I have done this on several occasions, and the only reason i did this was because they were trying to relieve me of my LIFE!!!.

Obviously, I am still here...and the fact that I am still here is because in my opinion there is a "GOD" or if you prefer, there is a "HIGHER POWER"

Call Him/Her what you will...the things I had to do in order to "stay living" have, and will haunt me for the rest of my life...

So therfore GOD help, and forgive, those that are put into the horrible situations that I once was,

Honestly, sitting here on the "puter" and typing our moral standards to everyone online, is a very easy task....

Yet taking a human life in combat, irregardless that they want to kill you first, This is a terrible thing, Yet it happens, and you must go on... and also nowadays you hear how much of an ass you were, from all the armchair warriors online....

sorry, rant is over now.. Modern accdmia... Please forgive me for taking other human lives, several decades ago.. for if I had not, this internet thingy, may have not been so wide spread.....

Now as far as judging a life to be worth 2 goats,,,, let us just think about this a bit..... obviously in this persons culture, 2 goats and an appology, is worth the life of all females that died..

And so now the US soldier tried to make ammends, and y'all find that revolting... think about it... just because the western world holds an idividuals life in high regards, as the end all be all, What and whome gives us the ritght to judgr others on hearsay???

[edit on 10-4-2010 by SideWynder]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Just because I havent posted doesn't mean that I'm not responsible for those deaths either! I have NO EXCUSE! Do you???

Personal Disclosure: I try to pick my battles effectively and I have a right to bitch in this case as it [the actions taken by the US] DIRECTLY put the lives of those Australian Diggers, who I have allowed [by design or default] to partake in this War on Terror, in an UNACCEPTABLE clear and present danger! The SitX was already disgustingly BAD and these actions by the US have just made it WORSE! This is not to say that the BS that goes on in Africa is excusable either! But way to go to try and make this thread about me and deflect attention away from the real issue at hand!

Actually you don't have the right, those over there do though. So do you see this as a planned event or a mistake? Many bad things happen in war. None of us know the true situation behind this, but everyone seems to want to post some story explaining it all. # happens, and # happens with your Diggers too. No one is innocent on both sides. If a SF team was there it was because of days/weeks of surveillance involved.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
Yes, but then war is a crime against humanity itself, regardless of what scenario caused it.

I can agree to a point but then the whole human race is guilty....

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I have just seen the CNN backstory on this incident these assholes were told 'don't shoot were with the Government',IN ENGLISH yet they went in and slaughtered pregnant women and innocents,this plus the helicopter incident on wikileaks makes me wonder just what sort of psychos the US sticks in uniforms these days,I hope my country seriously re-thinks being involved in any future military adventures with the US.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

not sure what country you are from...but i am pretty sure that they will continue participating with the US. They are in on it, too.

No one is happy with their government right now. Seems like a trend.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
good to see some people in the army are not completely brain washed

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Explanation: I am over there!... "There" is the freaking UNIVERSE!

A line drawn on a map doesn't limit either my involvement or my responsibility!

So yes I DO HAVE A RIGHT!

If you were to apply your method to you, then would you even be posting and trying to excuse this BS?

Personal Disclosure: If you had read my signature, then you would have seen how I see it!

P.S.
Just like 9/11, it seems that US surveillance and or intelligence GOT IT WRONG AGAIN!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Im from Australia we're out of Iraq but still have significant forces in Afghanistan and I don't know what 'success' there will be,the best will be like the Russians had it major population centres relatively stable but the country will still be the wild west,at least we are building schools and hospitals there so the locals might remember us favourably,but to me its an unwinnable war.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: I am over there!... "There" is the freaking UNIVERSE!

A line drawn on a map doesn't limit either my involvement or my responsibility!

So yes I DO HAVE A RIGHT!

If you were to apply your method to you, then would you even be posting and trying to excuse this BS?

Personal Disclosure: If you had read my signature, then you would have seen how I see it!

P.S.
Just like 9/11, it seems that US surveillance and or intelligence GOT IT WRONG AGAIN!

You are an armchair quarterback..... Don’t worry there are many here...hehe

And actually I do have a right to complain about it all

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
How about they just end this stupid war all together? Is the military going to start keeping alot of sheep now so we can offer them to the families whose loved ones keep getting "accidentally" killed?

Really tired of this. the military has ALOT of image cleaning to do and it's really just too late.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

I'll hug onto that American Military.

Despite some idiots, its not all bad.

Without that military, our enemies would have invaded and tortured you a long long time ago, for nothing more than their own pleasure.

I hate sensationalism. Your post wreaks of it.

You tell me that I would have been invaded (?) and tortured a long time ago, for nothing but fun...

...and then you tell me you hate sensationalism. Yeah right.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Will the war on terror learn ANYTHING from this?

Who knows! Killing pregnant women is terrifying by itself!
How many pregnant women Afghani suicide bombers have killed outside of Afghanistan's borders?
How about also send in the intel agents too, the ones that were responsible for relaying the crappy intel to the marines that hit that village and let those agents stay there indebted forever instead of that sheep?
NOW THAT WOULD RAISE SOME EYEBROWS worldwide! Would also give a good incentive for your intel to perform a little better next time.

Originally posted by Asherah
How about they just end this stupid war all together? Is the military going to start keeping alot of sheep now so we can offer them to the families whose loved ones keep getting "accidentally" killed?

Really tired of this. the military has ALOT of image cleaning to do and it's really just too late.

I doubt they will end this any time soon.
They seem they are poised to make some very pissed of Muslims that will become very resourceful at all those years of fighting.
This way Christians will need only one pass to get completely wiped out once this "army" of pissed off Allah followers will be unleashed at Western streets via the multicultural integration.
Clever eh? Also we Christians get to pay for it too..

I also think that this kind of "army" would be poised to do well against any kind of Christians, even if they were not Westerners..ehm like Christians in the Russian federation..
Only thing would be needed would be a good political opportunity.
Truly evil plan that one would be. Many birds with one stone and an NWO around the corner.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
This story was on CNN this morning and they showed the father saying that he would not be happy with just sheep and the money offered, he wanted the spies that gave the wrong intel delivered to him. Didn't see an admiral involved, maybe I missed that part.

Did nobody else read what this member just said? The story is basically being used as propaganda making the US feel asthough the ties between the US and afgani's are getting closer when infact that's not what is happening at all... The father is still angry and all has not been forgiven!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Interesting news snippet. We are all probably aware of the cultural signifance of this gesture towards the Afghan people, but cmon, you think a couple of goats is a "step" towards "hearts and minds"?

A part of me wants to believe that the officer was indeed sincere, a part of me thinks this is Washington propaganda trying to humanize the otherwise inhumane war. 2 goats can never replace the lives wasted from collateral damage, and I personally think it's a little bit too late for goats, I meant amends.

Ponder.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Winterwinds

I myself admit I have not bothered to read the whole story and wasn;t sure about any intel or mention of spies etc.
I just made my response assuming that some kind of wrong intel should have been involved. I was right. This thing is happening so often now it's not even funny. Is this done on purpose?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

So just who/what are the Taliban? Afghanistan has been controlled by WARLORDS my friend for 1000s of years. WARLORDS..I'll say it again...Taliban were one such group of many...the CIA didn't invent or create them and the CIA didn't make them crazy extremist muslins...they were already that long before US or Russia was even near that place.

You chose your words carefully. You never .. seem to hit the wrong targets (for words) like your intel friends.

Taliban were not an Afghan product. Are you sure that Afghani's that were being controlled by warlords as you say were also crazy extremist Muslims as you say? Taliban is something modern. Warlords and Afghani nomads didn't have to do anything more with them, as much as Islamist extremism didn't have to do anything more with them too.
Also there has been some very lucrative forgotten treasures laying around in Afghanistan. Part of the Afghani ancient history. Word has it it's not there any more. I don't suppose those pesky intel people had to do anything with it? Would be bad for business if the whole world had to learn about all that lost history of those people, those supposed Muslim fanatic people..and where all those treasures might have gone... Either sold, either stored to be scattered around somewhere in the Balkans waiting for another hotzone to be fired up.

Yep those intel men are up to no good.

But that's another story.

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Who the hell are we man, what have we become?

We have seen nothing yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join