It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33 states out of money to fund jobless benefits

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

33 states out of money to fund jobless benefits

money.cnn.com

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- With unemployment still at a severe high, a majority of states have drained their jobless benefit funds, forcing them to borrow billions from the federal government to help out-of-work Americans.

A total of 33 states and the Virgin Islands have depleted their funds and borrowed more than $38.7 billion to provide a safety net, according to a report released Thursday by the National Employment Law Project. Four others are at the brink of insolvency.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Have not seen this posted yet, but if it has please move or delete this thread, thanks.

This just blows my mind; I mean what in the heck is going on. One second the economy is getting better with over 100,000 jobs gained in March and then BOOM this.

Everyone wants to get rid of the Federal Bank but if we do we will see the worst Depression ever. You can forget about owing the U.S, you are owned by the Feds.

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bputman

One second the economy is getting better with over 100,000 jobs gained in March and then BOOM this.

How many of those jobs were temp jobs and Census worker jobs?

Besides, going broke is the end result of a period of spending more than you are taking in. Not an instant of spending more than you are taking in. Even if the positive job growth were real it would be some months before the effects of the spending began to slow.

This makes me wonder who do I call at the fed and who do I claim to be to get a check/loan for 38 billion?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

How many of those jobs were temp jobs and Census worker jobs?

...if the positive job growth were real it...

The job growth isn't real and it won't be. Already, millions are expecting their benefits to run out within the coming days and weeks. But the administration can still use that for their bogus numbers and propaganda.

So what will happen is – if the Guv’mint doesn’t extend the payments – they will announce: “Hey, Good News! Last week, 200,000 people went off unemployment benefits! That must mean they found a job somewhere!” Meanwhile the truth will be that these people are just in unemployment limbo. But officially they won’t have to count.

And, if the benefits are extended, they can cover those people up by again shifting the figures. They can then say that new claims have not increased and simply re-categorize those that are still there to make the unemployment rates appear static or declining.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
All of this is orchestrated as well. If people don't look past what is right in front of their faces they will never see the big picture.

The non profits are reorganized churches which have been failing. The aim is to make people dependent on charity.

Many of these non-profits are now choosing their "volunteers" from the needy who come in. In exchange for room and board, they are given an assignment aka (unpaid) EMPLOYMENT in one of the work compounds which they have been setting up gradually over a period of time.

But back to the main issue, all of this is being orchestrated for the religious dominionists to take over. (disguised as various organizations, many now no longer carry an actual church name, but it's the same leadership at the top.)

So when the state is outta money....where do people go? The next option is charities. And the charities are set up and waiting for them.

See how easily it all falls into place?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This means less taxable income collected by the states to support no only unemployment but when the Federal government stops the 100 % support for the new and incredible burden of the HCR, specially with making Medicaid the biggest insurer for the poor.

See states by 2017 will be faced with the burden of having to finance their own Medicaid without the 100% funding that now the Federal government is offering to those states that will agree with the HCR.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
All of this is orchestrated as well. If people don't look past what is right in front of their faces they will never see the big picture.

The non profits are reorganized churches which have been failing. The aim is to make people dependent on charity.

Many of these non-profits are now choosing their "volunteers" from the needy who come in. In exchange for room and board, they are given an assignment aka (unpaid) EMPLOYMENT in one of the work compounds which they have been setting up gradually over a period of time.

But back to the main issue, all of this is being orchestrated for the religious dominionists to take over. (disguised as various organizations, many now no longer carry an actual church name, but it's the same leadership at the top.)

So when the state is outta money....where do people go? The next option is charities. And the charities are set up and waiting for them.

See how easily it all falls into place?

Ok, so are you saying that, in effect and on purpose, the government is forcing people into work compounds run by charities in collusion with the government?

Who are these charities and where are these work compounds that you speak of? Please answer this and please be specific with your answers.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Ok, so are you saying that, in effect and on purpose, the government is forcing people into work compounds run by charities in collusion with the government?

You are putting words in my mouth. The government has nothing to do with it.

You are also making a concerted effort to misquote me. I never said the government is forcing people into work compounds.

I never used nor implied anything about the government. Nor have I said anyone was forced.

I do not appreciate your blatant attempt at misconstruing my statements.

I am merely stating that people are receiving work/volunteer opportunities that are related to/or referred through charitible organizations.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Alethea]

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
No need to worry... The Feds will make sure the states get enough money to cover the cost... until November. After the mid-term elections it will be everyone out for themselves.

You will start to see mass lay-offs of state and local employees. Watch-beginning around summer 2011-budget time for most states.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
You are putting words in my mouth. The government has nothing to do with it.

You are also making a concerted effort to misquote me. I never said the government is forcing people into work compounds.

I never used nor implied anything about the government. Nor have I said anyone was forced.

I do not appreciate your blatant attempt at misconstruing my statements.

I am merely stating that people are receiving work/volunteer opportunities that are related to/or referred through charitible organizations.

Wow.. sorry, we're not communicating well at all.

I was simply re-stating what I thought you were saying. My bad. Now, you've come to the quick conclusion that my re-statement was a "concerted effort to misquote".
Note that my restatement was a question… I was asking you if that was what you were saying and, if you were saying that, to be specific in your answer. Apparently it wasn’t what you were saying.

Let’s start over, shall we?

If you’re not saying that in effect and on purpose, the government is forcing people into “work compounds” run by charities in collusion with the government, then what do you mean by:

Where are these work compounds? Why did you choose the words “work compound”? And, with your use of quotes around volunteers, your statement comes across implying that they are not really volunteers, i.e. "forced". Looking at this statement again, can you blame me for not realizing that what you meant by that was "I am merely stating that people are receiving work/volunteer opportunities that are related to/or referred through charitible organizations."?

, all of this is being orchestrated for the religious dominionists to take over.

This is where I assumed (incorrectly it seems) that you were saying that the government is orchestrating this because, afterall, this is a thread about government unemployment benefits running out and you, yourself, noted that unemployment benefits would have to run out before the “orchestrated plan” could take effect. I thought you were saying that the employment situation was in the orchestrated plan to set up the “religious dominionists to take over”. The government is the only entity that could orchestrate that part of the “plan”.

If the government isn’t doing the orchestrating, then who is?

Again, we are at a disadvantage because we only can communicate with written words. Please don’t assume that I’m goading you, I’m not… I’m just curious about the thinking behind what you’re saying and my understanding what you’re saying is a part of that.

[edit on 9/4/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Why not just print more money?

Only now they realize the mess they've gotten thimselves into.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So, how did this thread turn into a contest to see who could be the most snarky and condescending? The government is the enemy here, and the federal reserve. Please concentrate on how we might be able to salvage the country, instead of these childish fits. I personally think that all of our money is going to be worthless in a few weeks, and then none of this bulls*t that you think is so important is going to matter. Take your money out and buy what you will need to survive. If I had any more money that I absolutely needed to avoid becoming homeless, that's what I would be doing.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Nice to see a bit of perspective here

I'm satisfied to rejoice that we all share a similar perception of the truth revealed uniquely to us, obscuring our view of its' totality. There's going to be lots of confusion until a view emerges that accomodates our needs as a society.

gj

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well. at least this is informing news, that they all lied* the economy s getting better, job percentaages are up, well this news in this post is an indicator weve been bulls***ed

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Jobs fund the state so funding the jobless is something the
state wants out of.
The best the government can do is lobby for an in state business
for a government contract.
Like Haliburton did for 911 if thats what happened but you get
the picture.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The unemployment problem is only going to get worse. TPTB want the American people as angry as possible so they will resort to violence, then they can take our guns and send us to the FEMA camps. Of course, IMO, they are underestimating our willingness to fight back. There are thousands of gang members, militia members and NRA members who will only give up their weapons after they've run out of bullets. It's going to get bloody, and I predict (With nothing to back me up except reading lots of ATS!!!) that it will happen this summer.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
So, how did this thread turn into a contest to see who could be the most snarky and condescending? The government is the enemy here, and the federal reserve. Please concentrate on how we might be able to salvage the country, instead of these childish fits.

I don't think this thread DID turn into such a contest. Written communication is a difficult thing. I'm assuming you are talking about my exchange with Alethea. What is wrong with trying to clarify what others are trying to say with the limitations that are imposed on us through the use of words only (and not body language, etc.)? I want to understand what Alethea is trying to say IN ORDER TO be able to tie that post into this thread's topic for me. It could have merit, but, as written is ambiguous and therefore I wanted more information.

Just because words come across one way, doesn't mean they were intended that way. It's only through asking questions that people can come to understand what really is meant. That's the only thing I was after.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The states and federal government need to stop extending unemployment. As I am seeing right now, people aren't even trying to get jobs, because they've adjusted their lifestyles to live on unemployment. The jobs are out there. People just need to get off their rear ends and look for them, and stop being so picky.

I watched an interview of a lady going into work at a company that had announce that the doors were being shut in x amount of days. This was a year or so ago. She was carrying knitting tools, and a novel, and complaining that she can't get another job because nobody else is going to pay her $30 an hour. No kidding. I would have paid her that much to knit while on the company clock either.

It's time for people to adjust lifestyles to accommodate for the poor economy. It's the people who need to fix the economy, not the government throwing money back at the problem. As people take jobs, they'll start to buy more, meaning suppliers will need to stock more, and factories will have to manufacture more. All of that means more jobs, better paying jobs, and lower unemployment rates.

We also need to get rid of the illegals who are working for pennies on the dollar, and we need to accept that we have to do those jobs too. As Americans, we've gotten lazy, expecting that everything be handed to us. This country will not survive if this mentality continues.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
States are out of money for everything, let alone funding for jobless.

This is where the real meltdown begins, at least some of you are paying attention.

Eventually when some states run out of money all together what will happen?

Already states are losing their credit ratings so eventually borrowing is not an option, how long can the federal government keep bailing out the states?

Look at states like Michigan, California, Arizona and others.... But they keep spending like things are going to turn around any day now....

At some point in time checks will stop going out... states will will be forced to make huge cuts in spending (some already are), eventually even essential services, police, fire, etc.

Once the fall reaches that point there will be no stopping what comes next.

Fasten your seat-belts.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
States are out of money for everything, let alone funding for jobless.

This is where the real meltdown begins, at least some of you are paying attention.

Eventually when some states run out of money all together what will happen?

Who do people usually turn to when the state money is not enough? Who picks up the slack?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join