It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thai Military Uses Force Against 'Red Shirt' Protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Thai Military Uses Force Against 'Red Shirt' Protesters

www1.voanews.com

Thai security forces have used tear gas against anti-government protesters who stormed the grounds of the opposition television channel, which was shut down by the government this week.

Thai military officials had warned they would use force to disperse the demonstrators, including rubber bullets, tear gas and water cannons.

The emergency decree was issued after hundreds of Red Shirts stormed the Thai parliament and forced lawmakers to flee.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Demonstrations has been going for a month now and government has been very peaceful towards red shirts to this day. As my family is living in Thailand, I have been following these events daily and hoping the best outcome in my other homecountry.

No secret - I am fully in "Yellow" government and kings side in these events. Ousted ex prime minister Thaksin was accused from clear frauds in last elections, and I was also witnessing usually as only foreigner in those last great demonstrations inside occupied airports in Bangkok almost 10 days 24-7, living with demonstrators there little over a year a go - almost losing my life in three grenade attacks and 5 shootouts.

Military wont use any violence if the king is not giving that permission - against us in airports it was never used. (my luck!) Government whitch is ruling now is highly honoring will of the king and is defending its position. Thaksin is again challenging the king with corporations and corrupted elements of international banksters - who are financing these demonstrations and side of the reds, and I just hope that Yellow movement keeps their streght against them.

One month fighting against reds without using force is a very good result from government. Thaksin owns those TV stations witch have been distorting all the facts for years, and my own knowledge backs this up - Distortion of news was just unbeleavable year ago and time of airport demonstrations.

I have followed new prime minister closely after Thaksins party was ousted after succesful demonstrations, and he is widely honored from his work past year amongst regular citizens. Without Thaksins fortunes these demonstrations could not happen, and I just hope now that those money are soon all used - and then peace will take over in the country.

From my heart - Long Live The Loved King Of Thailand!!!

www1.voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Topic already exists here

Please add comments to the preceding thread.

closing

new topics

join