It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They will pull the plug out soon, US and UK bankrupt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I just came across the following interview by Alex Jones with Bob Chapman who claims that nineteen countries are bankrupt. The only reason that our economy is still going, is because of the stimulus money, but this is only a temporary bandage and is not sustainable for much longer. In fact, Chapman says that it is only going to be several more months for the stimulus to wear off.

He goes on to say that it is not incompetence or greed that caused this crisis, but it was a deliberate act and that nineteen countries will collapse, of which the US and the UK are two of them. Sooner or later, they will pull the plug out of the monetary system simultaneously. That's when the deflationary depression will start, Chapman estimates it will be within 1,5 or 2 years at most.

All of these countries will be brought down at once. Their monetary units will be devalued and
countries will default on sovereign debt.

Starting at 4.21 min.

A short introduction to Mr Chapman:

Mr. Chapman is 72 years old. He was born in Boston, MA and attended Northeastern University majoring in business management. He spent three years in the U. S. Army Counterintelligence, mostly in Europe. He speaks German and French and is conversant in Spanish. He lived in Europe for six years, off and on, three years in Africa, a year in Canada and a year in the Bahamas.

Mr. Chapman became a stockbroker in 1960 and retired in 1988. For 18 of those years he owned his own brokerage firm. He was probably the largest gold and silver stockbroker in the world during that period. When he retired he had over 6,000 clients.

source

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

i'm in cancun. Just got some, in the spa, beer in eand. What isthe problem? Yweah, 18 moths ago, today, what's the difference? !!

It's gonna happen. Few overall will expect the exaect dayte. Those on ATS will say, OH, REALLY, FINALLY ONE OF THE DATES WAS CORRECT.

Nobody really knows for sure. It's coming. We all know. No need for any more threads on this.

I'ma go back to my dos equis and spa......

live long and prosper.

ps. my last name is chapman. any7 relaitions?? nahhh. more dos equis!!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I have felt all along to bank bailouts and money printing had an expiry date..

Both methods only brought time to the gov's that employed the strategies..

In the time they brought they should have been working on methods of creating jobs, and revenue streams that would make repaying the both the bailouts and money printing less painful. But none of that has happened, and we are stuck with a smaller workforce that would feel the full pain of repaying the debts their respective govs have run up, that will I feel lead to a lot of unrest.

This has led me to feel we face 3 scenarios, first is they know new tech is just around the corner that will lift the world out of recession, the second is that those govs are preparing for civil unrest in their respective countries, or three, they expect an external war..

To be honest I can't see them creating a situation where by they face unrest from their own populations.. which in my mind leaves only 2 real futures..

I hope they have new tech that will revolutionise the world, while I fear they are preparing for a global conflict, both of which loop back to the expiry date of the bank bailouts and money printing...

So for a boring post

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
To be honest I can't see them creating a situation where by they face unrest from their own populations.. which in my mind leaves only 2 real futures..

I hope they have new tech that will revolutionise the world, while I fear they are preparing for a global conflict

That's a very interesting point and Chapman suggested that we would face a war and an economic collapse simultaneously. In his opinion, Greece was merely a trial to see how the public would react. Although Greeks did protest, nothing serious happened, but if nineteen economies would collapse at once, it would more than likely result in mass hysteria and serious civil unrest. The solution? A war and a new monetary system.

For long they have known that our current system would not be sustainable. It was a system that made few people extremely wealthy in the short term but it never had a long-term future. Uncontrolled capitalism is simply not sustainable. However, once the SHTF, they do need something to divert attention. A war suits that scenario very well.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

We have the controls they just choose not to use them we have anti-monopoly laws and we used to use them but in the past 30 years it is like they never even existed anymore. We have a great system it is just run by corrupt people and we are to apathetic to do anything about it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

If you look at the shift from the gold standard to the printed standard we see today in the post WW2 era, another war would be the perfect enabler for another such shift.

The issue I have had since the onset of the bailouts and money printing was it's expiry date which will be followed by the repayment plan... we (the nations who have used those strategies) need to maximise our workforce to be able to spread the pain to reduce the risk of civil unrest.. This has not happened
there has been little to no new job creation..

Taxes and Civil unrest have gone hand in hand... Look at English Civil war, one of the major causes was the "ship tax" or the Americas claim of no taxation without representation that led to the revolutionary wars...

In The 1830s my part of England went into open rebellion due to under employment, and in Post WW2 era when the Royal Navy implemented pay cuts, that caused the Invergodon Mutiny where the Royal Navy went into open Mutiny for 2 days..

Increased taxes = Increased risk of civil unrest.. No matter the path the establishment go down or the test beds they use, the outcome will be the same.. It is Human nature and the process we are stuck with following at the moment.

What the gov can not control is the people that come forward when these things happen, like Thomas Paine who's pamphlet writing had a great impact on both French and American revolutions.. Those are the wild cards that always mess up the mix.

We are stuck in a rut, no new jobs, smaller workforce that is enduring pay cuts, and increased hours/workload, significant under employment across the board and just around the corner are myriad of Tax increases as the bail outs and money printing process comes to an end..

Logically, a smaller workforce on less money having to repay the bailouts and money printing = civil unrest however which way it is spun, the issue with civil unrest to global conditions makes it a contagion that is as impossible as Swine flu to contain.

Keeping the interest rates low is the only way to keep people in their homes at the moment, once that stops, we'll see whole sale repossessions... And all those factors, higher interest rates, higher taxes will hit one after the other...

That's why I feel the only real options are new tech for new jobs to create new revenue streams that can repay the amount of taxes required to pay those debts down/cope with normal interest rates.. plus the new tech would enable the West to compete again..

Or a global conflict.. that also knee caps the up coming nations.. Much to my sadness all the Elite seem to be doing is buying time in my opinion to set up the war

Personally I hoping for some new tech to create new industries will come along.. otherwise I fear for us all..

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Part of Labours last ditch "scorched earth" policy-when the bailout money stops here,another party,probably conservative,will be in power-then Labour slag them off for destroying the economy...Textbook new labour tactics IMO.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Blablabla doom blablabla gloom blablabla random date blablabla.

Seriously, stop with the # predictions.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
blabala blah can't handle this stuff....blaa blaba gotta keep head buried....blah blah got enough issues to deal with already....blah

this is a good thread

chapman is right ........but some think the gov't can kick the can down the road ONE FINAL time in 2011-12 ....by strongly suggesting that retire's .......accept IOU's in exchange for the gov't "collecting/overseeing" the pensions/retirement accounts to pay down the debt..

You know there are public servants and wall street shmucks just Salivating at the amount of $ held aside for retirement......and more MONEY is needed (trillions) to be able to kick the debt can down the road (when otherwise the SHTF in about 1 1/2 to 2 years)......they want the music to keep playing for just one more song.......so anyone else think they will use deception to confiscate pensions /401k's somehow someway.....c'mon they are lotting the country .....and disposable income....and THEY KNOW the jig is UP soon since more debt just means more debt needs to be serviced.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

I certainly feel they could run that risk, although the risks are civil unrest and putting your own neck in the noose is not something I really feel the establishment will do..

Besides it is all about servicing debt, and civil unrest makes that really difficult to achieve.. hence my premise that we need new tech/jobs or a conflict before the life expectancy of the bailouts and money printing expires otherwise servicing those debts just won't hapen.

The pension funds would give the establishment one last run round the track, but at what risk to themselves? where as releasing new tech/or creating a major conflict will solidify their hold and keep them in the life they are accustomed to..

I am hoping they are holding onto some kind of new tech//new industries that will create the jobs and new revenue streams that will turn this around and create the situation where servicing those debts if possible.. but feel the way the world is going that a major conflict appears to be their (the establishment) no 1 choice, in that I really hope I am wrong.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So Rhodesia, Angola, Haiti and Myanmar will end up the only stable currencies, ushering in a new world order where wealth means having a whole bowl of rice to share amongst your village

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
So Rhodesia, Angola, Haiti and Myanmar will end up the only stable currencies, ushering in a new world order where wealth means having a whole bowl of rice to share amongst your village

Why would you include Angola in the same group with those other three?
I dont follow..

PEACE,
RK

new topics

top topics

join