It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting Started on ATS: Introduction thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Hello everyone here at ATS, I just joined the site and it suggested that I do this whole introduction thread thing so here I am. I discovered this site a few months ago and just kinda explored around before I decided to join. Apparently I'm supposed to tell some stuff about myself so here it goes...I professed my belief in Extra terrestrial entities at an early age, and because of that I was always called the wierd crazy kid and after a long time I started believing it. My parents put me in a christian school in eastern kentucky when I was 6, yes, eastern kentucky
, it was basically a place where you're stripped of any humanity you have and forced to believe the way say you should, or suffer the consequences. After a few years of indoctrination I found myself with a brain capable of critical thinking
, and started questioning what they were trying to force upon me, which led to me being accused of satanism and my eventual expulsion. My parents we're certain I was worshipping satan, but I really had no desire to worship anything. This has gotta be boring as hell for anyone reading this so I'll shorten it up, I believe this life is a quest to strengthen and improve mind, body, and soul. I believe humans, now more than ever, are faced with a choice of self-destruction or greater evolution and higher consciousness. Anything else ya know, just ask.

Thank you very much.

"mortallity is a disease of the mind".

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. It's full of a variety of intelligent individuals, a good percentage of which post ideas without foresight, or over exaggerate their posts with sensationalism. As another member just posted, some here do not have a "common sense filter," so it gets pretty wild. All in all, it's a fun group. Several good minds seem to stabilize the rantings of the many.

Which will you be?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Its good to see you finally made a thread. I just moved to Kentucky, and now for your formal welcome to ATS.

Christian schools suck, I went to one until I was in 7th grade.

As for the alien part, well you will find out for yourself. They hard not to think real, or prove they exist.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RiseAbove

Hi RiseAbove, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive U2U's (messages) to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive U2U's to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms and Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

Cya around.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I couldn't agree with your assessment more. Welcome. Sounds like you've discovered a purpose beyond ego - take care of those who haven't yet arrived.

gj

top topics

join