It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho first to sign law against health care reform

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
www.deseretnews.com...

Idaho is leading the charge in a states-rights push to defeat a proposal in Congress that would require people to buy health insurance, a key piece of reforms being pushed by President Barack Obama. Republican Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter used a ceremony Wednesday afternoon to become the first governor to sign into law a measure requiring the state attorney general to sue the federal government over any such insurance mandates. There's similar legislation pending in 37 other states, a point Otter stressed when asked if the bill he signed can succeed, given constitutional law experts are already saying federal laws would supersede those of states in a U.S. District Court fight. "The ivory tower folks will tell you, 'No, they're not going anywhere,'" he told reporters. "But I'll tell you what, you get 36 states, that's a critical mass. That's a constitutional mass."

Hopefully more states will do the same. I'm glad to hear someone is stepping up against Obama

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
please move this thread? posted in wrong section

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

Never heard of Otter until I saw him on the [color=#00BFFF]Idaho State website.

Health Care Bill 3200 or whatever Pelosi & Reid call it these days... Can't be enforced. It will gut our economy.

The more states that pass Anti-HC, Anti-Gun Restriction & somehow over rule the EPA on CO² at state levels the sooner we'll all sleep better.

I haven't been sleeping well. I know that's part of it.

Good Find!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hooray !!!
Congratulations to Idaho.
More states will follow

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The majority of Representatives(Republicans and Libertarians* and possibly Democrats-some did vote against) in Idaho voted against the Health Care Reform, saying it will cost the state much more money(see AARP ID STATE Representative) than it's worth, not to mention it being unconstitutional and against freedom. I've studied up on the pros and cons and am still not fully decided on whether it will hurt or further the economy of ID. Though, I do believe the HCR is against the constitution and will further take our rights away.

Idaho is working toward being an even more free state...as stated by politicians and possible less taxes(ID is the highest taxed state in the NW) and getting the land back from the Fed land act(land is mostly Fed land), which in turn can help the dying economy-which once was based on lumber and mining. That by turning the restriction into well needed money and protecting the land. All depends on who is voted in next and what they succeed in doing.

*Some Idaho Republicans seem more like Libertarians(am researching that too)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
It's all just window dressing I live here and when push comes to shove they will cave to the feds like they always do!

The people are going to have to take our country back no one else is going to do it for us! That state legislatures and governors are all bought and paid for just like the feds!

That's what people don't get, we're on our own folks there is no political solution it was part of the plan to tie us up and waste our energies in playing democracy and never getting anything done. Nothing we have done has even slowed thier progress in implementing thier Marxist/communist agenda it has only sped it up!

DO YOU HEAR ME AMERICA? WE ARE ON OUR OWN! NO ONE IS GOING TO HELP US INSIDE OR OUTSIDE OF AMERICA! WE HAVE TO HELP OURSELVES! THE SOONER WE REALIZE THAT THE BETTER...

[edit on 9-4-2010 by hawkiye]

[edit on 9-4-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
we need to unite

2nd line
3rd line

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
we need to unite

2nd line
3rd line