It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New species of human found in 'death trap'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

I dont refuse All evolutionary steps, I just think species die off and for some reaseon comes back in the next world, I do not know how that happends, but surly there should be More species and More Of them if Evolution where true ? but Earth is just dieing out, it does not compute..

One way i like to look at it is 'as if' DNA is the only life form on the planet and all the animals and plants we see are merely 'sesnes' for DNa that feed back experiences about the conditions of the environment so that DNA can 'decide' how to push its own evolution. I think that imagination/conciousness exists as the engine of this process.

We know we are concious and can imagine our needs into the future, it would be such waste if nature were not able to do this also....and in fact was much better at it than us.

Maybe the more concious we get, the faster we can feedback info to the gestalt DNA creature and evolve ourselves where we want to go.

Originally posted by spearhead
reply to post by RestingInPieces

well mr superspecific... thanks for the contribution, or lack of!

since only about 1000 species of dinosaur between the alotted 250 million and 65 million years ago time slot have been discovered, I feel I can label a 1 million year old cat or donkey or whatever they found a dinosaur!

The word dinosaur doesnt cover donkeys or cats, just lizards, birds etc. Feel free to call 'em dinosaurs though (just dont tell your kids that.....
)

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

If you go to the Zoo, and watch how monkies operate, and after you have watched them pee on eachother a couple of times, I think you'd change your mind on it..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3958d7ab5e72.jpg[/atsimg]

Obvious, but still entertainingly clever. I give it 3 1/2 tinfoil hats out of 5.

That reminds me; I really need to get around to organizing my bookmarks now that I'm thinking about it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The scientists speculate the creatures either fell into the cave complex or became stuck in it. It is likely their bodies were then swept into an underground lake or pool, perhaps during a rainstorm.

Their bones were laid down with the remains of other dead animals, including a sabre-toothed cat, antelope, mice and rabbits. The fact that none of the bodies appear to have been scavenged indicates that all died suddenly and were entombed rapidly.

"We think that there must have been some sort of calamity taking place at the time that caused all of these fossils to come down together into the cave where they got trapped and ultimately buried," said team-member Professor Paul Dirks from James Cook University in Queensland, Australia. All were preserved in the hard calcified clastic sediment that formed at the bottom of a pool of water.
BBC

I knew I'd read that quote somewhere. Woot woot!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Maybe that was just a bottomless pit of old, that ancient kings of sparta kicked people they didn't like into.

This is SPARTA!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by RestingInPieces

well mr superspecific... thanks for the contribution, or lack of!

since only about 1000 species of dinosaur between the alotted 250 million and 65 million years ago time slot have been discovered, I feel I can label a 1 million year old cat or donkey or whatever they found a dinosaur!

You can label them as unicorns if you want, but that doesn't make it so. A million years ago, all dinosaurs were either extinct or had long since evolved into something else.

All that being said... cool article, starred and flagged!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
i posted about this on the Ancient and Lost Civilizations board, here is the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I posted some photos of a similar ancestor, Ms Ples and some photo comparisons with a bonobo Chimpanzee and the similarities are pretty cool.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

this amount of time is incomprehensible! We can see the change between ourselves as children and our own children... imagine the possiblility of 25,000 lines of childrens children

They have tried with species that have shorter time frames between generations, with not much luck. Even cattle are still basically cattle. They can alter colour, shape and enhance specific genetics, but they are still cattle.

If a person could know history, it would be great. The fact that our History has been lost and we now have to search and guess, makes understanding clearly, impossible. Guessing is a pointless exercise, which is what we are left with.

So, why did the Romans destroy recorded History? Why do we not want to know our History? What is there to hide? Could it be that the Earth has already been taken over by aliens, millennia ago?

Some support the theory and many religions warn of Demons wanting your soul. They, through Rome, destroyed recorded history so people will remain submissive and un-knowledgeable.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
They have tried with species that have shorter time frames between generations, with not much luck. Even cattle are still basically cattle. They can alter colour, shape and enhance specific genetics, but they are still cattle.

Well i guess that goes for humanoids as well...
...only we have altered colour, shape and enhanced specific genetics, but we are still monkeys.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phil Jayhan
What, they have no cameras in South Africa? I hate stories like this. No picture, not true. Not in this day and age. And even then, hey, better not go there...

Cheers-
Phil

I couldn't tell if you were kidding. Here is the find from Physorg with pics:

New hominid shares traits with Homo species

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
You can call any 1,000,000 year old animal a dinosaur? LOLOLOLOLOL

The term is derived from the Greek words δεινός (deinos meaning "terrible", "powerful", or "wondrous") and σαῦρος (sauros meaning "lizard" or "reptile").

Notice that dinosaur means badass lizard. Not little rabbit that's a million years old. That'd be a mammal.

I also like how you're like DUH GODS DED CUZ SIENCE SAYS SO but then you completely disregard science when it's not convenient for you. Good job.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join