It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinically dead boy 'saw grandma in heaven'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
I've heard that when you die, your brain floods with '___', which is a hallucinogenic chemical that is also released during REM sleep.

My research at college, even collaborating with known scientists on the subject, suggests that the '___' is released in order to separate the spirit entity from the body.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This thread is a very powerful example of how efficient the veil/illusion is.

You are all enveloping a Human (Great Ape) body to experience this plane or physical reality and by doing so learning more about who you are as the Creator.

When you die, your consciousness is unaffected, your perception of the external reality is altered only due to the losing of the dull senses that you experience with your bio-chemical distillery.

I say do not have faith but have trust and more so have trust in your self.

Humanity has fallen far from true knowledge everyday Humanity thinks it getting smarter when it is only getting more interested in it's toy's.

Scientists and their facts which are never 100% proven are so humorous, as if what they say should be written in stone when it should really be taken with only a grain of salt.

Forgotten awareness of who people believe that they are is the true fault of Humanity and it can clearly be seen by day to day negativity.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Doubtful it was heaven, as it is just a superstition.

Also doubtful his grandmother spoke or communicated with him. Who knows what the poor bloke saw.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Creepy.
Reminds me of that Twilight Zone episode where that Mumy kid talks to his dead gramma using a toy phone.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Nope, it's proven. Take some drugs, and magically your consciousness changes.

That's not correlation, that's CAUSATION.

There isn't some secret compartment in your brain where "the consciousness" is stores -- a bit like the smoke monster from Lost. Doesn't work that way. I've been trying to tell you that all night.

If you stick a needle into the brain with an electrode on it, you can disable parts of the brain and change somebodies consciousness as well. And not just in fun, debilitating ways, but in ways that change somebodies personality, or sense of moral judgement.

You're invoking something magical about the whole process -- something you call a "consciousness," as if it exists somewhere -- independent of the physical brain. That's nonsense.

Nothing quite like the rambalings of an ignorant, delusional teenager.
All of your arguments against nde's being a reality fail on the first page with the pam reynolds video.Or do you just ignore what doesn't fit into your limited view.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

"probably"??? Are you speaking from a place of knowledge......or assumtion.....I don't know if the best in the field of brain research have that answer....how do you?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hope I'm not stealing someone's thunder but Jeffrey Long an MD talked about this on C to C last night. He doubted it had anything to do with CO2 as has been in the news lately (that CO2 case was based on only 12 cases, Long had studied thousands)

Dr. Long on Coast

This case is remarkable that the boy survived after 3 or so hours but his corp temp was down more than 10 degrees C. That helped considerably and is really about the only way he could have survived and been able to tell his grandmother story.

Dr. Long stated that about 20% of people who have similar type resuscitation experiences will see relatives (or something pleasant) on the other side. So this is not uncommon.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If anybody wants to look into this further, there are ways to induce out of body experiences through meditation and relaxation. I suggest researching Out of body experiences/astral projection, and try it yourself to decide wether or not it is real. If it really is just a hallucination, what do you have to lose?

Going out of body, or thinking you are out of body, is one of the most beautiful experiences. Maybe it is real, maybe its all just taking control of your dreams. I believe it is real, however still keep my mind open to the fact it may just all be a hallucination. However even if it was, it would not be time wasted, because they are truly amazing experiences, and a whole lot of fun.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

This case is remarkable that the boy survived after 3 or so hours but his corp temp was down more than 10 degrees C. That helped considerably and is really about the only way he could have survived and been able to tell his grandmother story.

Yeah...some people for some odd reason are questioning the time he was "gone". I have asked a couple times, with no response, what motivation would the doctors have in lying about the time he was "dead"???

Plus...the story doesn't say anything about what type of treatments they did while trying to revive him...I would be very surprised if they didn't employ some type of cooling method on this head while they were attempting to bring him back...they stated that they were only trying so long because of his core temperature being down....so I would assume any good doctor would use treatment to keep the head as cold as they could while trying to revive.

I wish they would of given more details about the procedures/treatments they used during the time they were attempting to revive him...and also more details about what knowledge the 3 year old boy had of his great grandmother and how long ago had she passed away....but oh well...it is still a great story.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Why is it so hard for some of you people to realize that God does miracles. I understand that alot of you are atheist and what-not but .... at least consider the possibility.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Cold water and temperatures DO slow the rate of degradation of tissue, for the same reason we keep our produce and meat in the Fridge.

'___' or not We are talking a 3 year old here folks.

It makes me wonder if he as a 3 yr old, had ever even met his Great Grandmother in real life before, let alone knew who she even was before this episode occurred ?

Also, why would he make this experience up in the first place ?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Hahaha......"evidence" is relative dude......what evidence do you have? Just the stuff that supports your thinking? Or ALL the evidence.......because there is semi-solid evidence for both views (afterlife vs nothing)........and all of this evidence is semi-solid.......there is no "hard actual fact" in this matter. All begins and ends in mystery

I also understand that you need to say things like this to yourself and others as an illusary means to feel like you have things figured out or under control. I went through the same thing......believe me dude....it's much easier to state the truth.....that you don't know dick all....just like everyone else.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I always knew there was something 'more' than this card-board box we refer to as 'earth'. As a small boy, I killed a big fly that was roaming my house. I remember it vividly; the first time I saw a miracle play out in front of me. After I wacked him good on the window, he fell on the window seal motionless. I hit it so hard it left blood and guts on the window. I ran and got a tissue and wrapped the fly in it. As I stood there looking at it, I got very saddend, and started to cry (yes, over a fly of all things-they are living too). I got down on one knee, and I prayed to the Creator to forgive me for killing something and not having any good reason for doing so. As I weeped, I heard the buzzing of a fly at the same window I was praying at. I wiped my eyes and noticed that the napkin was open. The fly was no longer there. I looked where the blood and guts were, and they were no longer on the window. What was on the window as the big fly I just killed, buzzing away like crazy. I opened the window and he was out. I felt a calming presence in that room I had never felt before....I knew there was more from that point on. That was almost 25 years ago and since then, I have witness other miracles as well.
I am not of a 'religous sect' because that is no requirement to believe, and love in God.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Unity_99

That's probably because the NDE doesn't happen DURING the 3 hours that the brain is dead, you goofball. It happens BEFORE or AFTER the brain is dead. When you "come to," as in get revived, that's when the '___' Is released, OR, that is when you regain consciousness and remember the '___' trip from before your brain stopped working.

I'm sick of the '___' excuse. I've tripped my balls off on '___' multiple times and NEVER SAW DEAD PEOPLE.

Wake up. Our consciousness is separate and distinct from our physical body. Join the 21st century.

Modern physics has virtually proven the existence of parallel realities and the multi-verse.

We are more than human. We are devine beings with unlimited capacities to affect our environment.

As more of us realize this, the world will change

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I see no difference in a Atheist nut than a Christian nut, alas the Atheist has a more viable standpoint than the Christian, but yet they're so passionate about both their science and belief that they are both relatively nutty. Not to mention they're offended by when someone calls them a nut.

For instance, your germ theory, must be demons blah blah blah, no one cares, that was 100s of years ago and proves ab-so-lutely nothing.

A typical "atheist" nut will find EVERY, LAST, SINGLE damn "SCIENTIFICALLY PLAUSIBLE" explanation they can before they give up... EVEN IF THE EVIDENCE SUPPORTS AGAINST THEIR SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION, they STILL think they're right, because they refuse to leave their box.

I'm agnostic, I give a crap what ANYONE thinks about ANYTHING!!! Do I buy into everything? I most certainly do not. Have I ever been wrong?? Yup. Damn proud of it to, want to know why? I can admit to it.

Now, I'm in no way shape or form calling you a atheist nut, but those who use the current standards and understanding of science to support their EVIDENCE(which by the way, they do not have evidence) of no afterlife.

Yes, atheists have as much proof that there is no afterlife as I do there is a afterlife.

Want to know why?

Well, we've yet to kill someone, leave them dead for 24 hours or so, preserve their brain, make sure not a damn thing is happening in their brain, and bring them back.

There you go, if you can kill a human, make sure there brain is not corrupted in anyway shape or form, bring that human back to life 24 hours later, and that person says there is nothing well damn that's pretty hard to beat.

And in fact, I'd vote for a atheist to do it because they're the most optimistic of the afterlife.

Sorry for rambling off track, read the report, definitely interesting hopefully we can have some unbiased people with medical expertise give their opinions.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Revolution-2012]

The majority of the people brought back from the dead remember nothing, that would be the nothingness you seem to refer to, wouldn't it?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333

reply to post by Unity_99

That's probably because the NDE doesn't happen DURING the 3 hours that the brain is dead, you goofball. It happens BEFORE or AFTER the brain is dead. When you "come to," as in get revived, that's when the '___' Is released, OR, that is when you regain consciousness and remember the '___' trip from before your brain stopped working.

I'm sick of the '___' excuse. I've tripped my balls off on '___' multiple times and NEVER SAW DEAD PEOPLE.

Wake up. Our consciousness is separate and distinct from our physical body. Join the 21st century.

Modern physics has virtually proven the existence of parallel realities and the multi-verse.

We are more than human. We are devine beings with unlimited capacities to affect our environment.

As more of us realize this, the world will change

I'm going to assume you weren't DYING while taking '___', I think the mind plays a very large part of what we see during hallucinations, if you're in a forest, you're probably going to hallucinate animals and trees and such, but if you're in a hospital bed dying, it's not outsides the realm of logic to be thinking of loved ones lost and death itself.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Listen, people who link videos in particular. They will not help. If you want the truth ( videos can make you believe one thing or another through the manipulation of video clips), then I suggest you read medical journals. With video you will get nothing but distorted facts. Read a medical journal on the subject. Straight from the source without the media manipulating information.

a) "The water in the lake was cold and the boy´s core temperature was just 28C - it should normally be 37C.

If the temperature had been higher, the team would have stopped trying to resuscitate after 40 minutes because the boy would definitely have been brain dead.

Cold temperatures means the metabolism slows so body can survive with little oxygen."

b) YES ITS TRUE that there is a THEORY that '___' is released during death.

c) www.boston.com...

THE GANZFELD PROCEDURE - the summary of what the Ganzfeld procedure is that deprivation of the audiory, visual WILL cause you to hallucinate badly.

NOW IMAGINE that you are clinically dead and you have been for about 30 minutes. Even though this Ganzfeld Procedure is for when you are alive imagine if dmt is being released into your brain and you are receiving no visual nor auditory signals. You will have blown out hallucinations possibly.

I just want to put that out there, I do not claim that my information is right or wrong but it just is a theory.

---------------------------------------

Second thing I want to write about: I would like to know what people who have never heard of god will do when they have a near death experience. I wonder if there are any studies for this. I know basically the entire world knows about some kind of God, but I would totally would like the results of someone who has had a near death experience and has never heard about god.

Another thing I want to mention is that when you die, there is no such thing as a brain there is no such thing as thinking. YOU ARE DEAD. YOUR BRAIN IS DEAD YOUR ORGANS DONT WORK. When you see people in your NDE, you don't have eyes. You draw your people with your mind. What if your dead completely? Only the dead can tell you what happens and everyone knows the dead can't talk.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by fordrew]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

THANK YOU. I have to done my fair share and I would like to say, I agree. You never have a life review on it. You never see dead relatives. You do see aliens (sometimes)
but that is different story. '___' getting released when you die is so stupid. People say the '___' gets released before they die and it makes it seem like they were having a NDE but really they were experiencing was their last memory before nothingness. Again why do people have NDEs of going wherever then getting jolted back into their body and waking up. Now right there (if you believe their persons experience) just shows that '___' would not get release before.

I am not saying NDE's are real because in reality none of us know. All I am saying is pinning it on '___' is illogical, especially when there’s no studies being held on it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

If your brain is hardly working, and your hearing and visual part of your brain is not working, how do you expect '___' to antagonize 5HT2A/2C receptors?

That is why i think the dying brain theory makes more sense then '___'

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Who knows, I do not claim to be a physician.

We still do not understand many many things.. Hell, in fact, the human race will never be able to understand how everything works.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join