It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to create new $6 Billion program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Apparently NASA is shopping this idea around to revamp it's facilities and open things up to commercial and civilian ventures. This is definatley good news for all of the skilled workers on FLA's space coast. We already have one of the highest unemployment percentages and adding the NASA workers to it could drive it up over 15%.

"Pending congressional approval, NASA will create new program offices that include activities in exploration technology and development, heavy lift rockets and rocket propulsion technology, exploration precursor robotic missions, human research and commercial spaceflight opportunities," NASA said in a news release Thursday.

Source

Here's to hoping that congress passes it's proposal.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Governments support themselves and stay in business at all cost
and will muster up armies when threatened and use atomic
bombs if need be.
The problem with space programs is that it might have been
started in one of those situations and is no longer needed.
Its a safe bet that the technology is non threatening.
I see the government spending more money on agents to conceal
all the secret technology of the cartels as they have for years and
is becoming more critical as the hours pass.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

With the arrival of commercial space travel however it will be harder to keep the pango in the box. Unless the feds decide to blanket it with DoD regulation.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Commercial Space travel? I do hope you are joking.

Not, that I don't find it plausible to obtain such technology, just that the governments will do as much as they can do not let us get wind of any kind of Technology.

Including perpetual energy technologies and others technologies that could revolutionize Human life.

NASA is a front, it is the purpose they were created for. Will money go to NASA, undoubtedly, will anything change from NASA, not likely.

Good find

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

well regardless of the conspiracy thoery behind it, the civilian sector does provide a far more robust economic pillar to reach the stars. Like I said the DoD MAY put thier foot forward in the realm of regulation, and I will be looking for it, however de-"criminalizing" space is the way forward.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Civilians provide food growth and cheap industrial supplies. Everything else the governments got covered.

We need to De-criminalize the Earth before moving forward into space exploration.

Maybe Humans come from space! To go out exploring in space would be fun, getting lost, not so much.

If I can monitor my own craft being built, then I am all for it

But until then, gimme a UFO

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Good News.
This is the only way for NASA and USA economy to make a giant step in very next future.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Well just because the gov't has it covered...(and trust me ex-gobument employee here) ...doesn't mean they can do it better. Civilian workforces have more of a stake in what happens because of the fear of job loss. It is ridiculously difficult to fire gov't employees so the drive isn't there. However on the down side, the commercial industry is less likely to take the "big risks."

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I know government has all the toys, so leaving it just up to the people to create a space ship would just end up in an epic failure.

A joint effort would be needed, training by the government over certain subjects. Those subjects go beyond Quantum Mechanics and calculus.

There is no way the normal Civilian population could come up with a space craft without help from the governments. Might as well just say NASA isn't a front and there space technology is the only thing available to work off.

The civilian population is important and have the capabilities of learning to create a space craft, but without government to help out with their technology, the civilians would be left in the dust, IMHO.

edited to add: I don't like the governments as much as the next guy, but there is no denying that the government has information crucial to building a top of the line, anything really.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Here is the flaw with your line of thinking....NASA while may know things doesn't have access to, nor create things that are above the public face. DARPA, DOD,DOE, Naval Intel...etc. take what is gleaned from NASA and implement. And for a good reason, NASA is a semi-public agency. While NASA may cover up some findings, it relies on comercial aspects to make it go. Even if a gov't contract goes to a civilian company, the company still has public sector things it has to adhere to. If you are alluding to the possibility of a 2nd NASA you need to study the DOE....

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think NASA is caught in a big advanced technology avoidance program
as it was initially set up but there is no pressure for the unveiling.
The biggest pressure was from the hydrogen in the gas people and
other gas savers and look what happened.
Gas prices went up.
Just about socked it to the economy more than 911.
Rocketry will always be needed for satellites but for space exploration
there might have been a landing on the moon in the 40s.
And the craft still around.
The technology will most likely stay untouchable so something else
has to shake the tree for economic development.
More rockets for Florida launches is OK with me I'll just stay
behind fighting off the anti Tesla agents.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

The DOE meaning the dept. of energy? I know more about perpetual energy then the majority living on the planet, about 95% doesn't know.

I can revolutionize energy if given the money right now, maybe not for space flight, but other needs yeah. I can speculate on space flight.

If you read my previous post i stated that industrial aspects (coal mining, copper wire, gold wire, circuitry, etc.) and growth of food is what the civilian people may cover.

NASA is a front, i can't type it any clearer.

A second NASA (of radically advanced reversed alien tech.) is basically what it is yes, it does not show anything to the public and is not even known about by civilians.

Will NASA create more jobs, possibly, but not likely. Maybe a few more low end analysts.

Will it bring economic development, hopefully.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Its more than the DOE in charge of anything worthwhile.
One has to know what and where perpetual energy and over unity
machines are in order to defend against any one having it but the
controllers.
This entails saying such things do not exist and reciting the
lies of thermodynamics and conservation of energy.
These are the tools of the agents that have been indoctrinated as
all have by the educational funding of the Office of Scientific Information
and others that funded the books and that shaped our education the
way they wanted.
There is better education and not all Tesla's which is locked up.
As far as breakthrough technology as the Papp engine or fast
hydrogen there are other agents that foil the breakthrough that
will not be picked up like the J P Morgan 51% ownership in
all of Tesla's patents to keep process undeveloped.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I think that the Race to the Space is begun and is very well planned.
Now, for giving greater impulse to the new conquests will have to involve in this gigantic business the private contractors like the Bigelow Areospace.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Antor]

top topics

join