It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli intelligence seeks to recover top secret papers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Israeli intelligence seeks to recover top secret papers

www.irishtimes.com

In November 2008, Ha’aretz journalist Uri Blau published an article entitled “Licence to Kill,” in which he reported that Israeli forces, with the backing of senior military commanders, ignored a 2006 supreme court ruling and shot dead Palestinian fugitives in circumstances where it might have been possible to detain them. The article was based in part on documents he had received from Anat Kam.

The journalist refused to reveal his sources, but army investigators eventually traced the documents to Ms Kam, who had since completed her compulsory military service and was working for an I
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.creative-i.info

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So here we have some very sensitive documents that were stolen by a former Israeli soldier named Anat Kam. This soldier while she was working for the Israel Defence Forces central command copied sensitive material to a disk and kept them secreted away. She did however pass some material on to a journalist working for Haaretz named Uri Blau.

Mr. Blau then went on to write an article called "License to Kill" in November of 2008 which used some of the classified material. In this particular article Mr. Blau explained how the IDF disregarded a Supreme Court order and shot dead Palestinian fugitives when the use of deadly force was not needed. Mr Blau refused to disclose his sources.

Through investigations they traced his source back to Anat Kam and realized that she had been stealing information when she worked for them. Ms. Kam was indicted in January and faces espionage charges. They still haven't located all the material. The article, "License to Kill" is the additional link. I wonder if, in the coming months, more information will come out? I hope so.

www.irishtimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Perhaps more evidence of naughty things to come.

One could hope the evidence is brought to light.

I bet the CIA is very upset.

good find

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
wanna make the papers go global???
let wikileaks have them

There is no difference between Mossad
and the CIA, they both kill without precedent
and without justification.

And nobody seems to care or do anything
about it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
why am i not surprised? One cant be happy knowing the other is alive

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Israeli reporter 'stole' 2200 secret files JASON KOUTSOUKIS April 10, 2010

In November 2008, more than a year after Kam had left the IDF, the liberal daily newspaper Haaretz published a story accusing senior IDF commanders of approving illegal assassinations of Palestinian militants and innocent civilians. The story detailed how the IDF had violated Israeli Supreme Court rulings regarding the apprehension of wanted men in the occupied West Bank territory, and showed how the military had identified three Palestinian militants from Islamic Jihad as targets for assassination. When the story was published, the IDF chief of staff, Gabi Ashkenazi, ordered an investigation into the leak, which eventually led to Kam. After her arrest a gag order on the case was imposed on all Israeli media. Also fearing prosecution, the Haaretz journalist who published the original story, Uri Blau, fled to London, where he remains as he tries to negotiate his return to Israel.

www.smh.com.au...

This article came out today. The reality is that whoever the IDF says should be eliminated is eliminated. The scary part is that it could be anyone. They have more power than the people who are supposed to be calling the shots. So it makes me wonder, who is really in control?

new topics

top topics

join