It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush 'knew Guantánamo prisoners were innocent'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Well, this is definitely NOT news to me lol, honestly I think its common sense to acknowledge that from the beginning no prisoners of "real" interest were sent to Gitmo. Gitmo was set up as a "media friendly" prison that never actually housed any real threats. Real threats go to other places that aren't mentioned because they "don't exist". Who's the worst inmate that was kept at Gitmo? Obama's driver? What a joke.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
Well, this is definitely NOT news to me lol, honestly I think its common sense to acknowledge that from the beginning no prisoners of "real" interest were sent to Gitmo.

I agree with you, this is no surprise at all being that the administration planned and carried out the false flag attack on America, of course they knew that the prisoners were not guilty, just part of the "show." Let's use our common sense people

And to think that the military has been killing and torturing innocent people over this lie is almost incomprehensible, "just following orders" doesn't cut it.

s&f impressme

[edit on 9-4-2010 by warisover]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Bush and dick cheney should be put on trial.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Remember a while back when the US gov/mil was moaning about a load of ex guantanamo inmates doing terror attacks back in the middle esat after their release?

I wonder how many of them had never so much as fired a gun before their detention...

If it is the case that some previously innocent decided to go jihady mad after their incarceration-That sort of makes guantanamo a terrorist training camp does'nt it?

The irony.

From goatherders to terrorists,courtesy of Bushco.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Makes you wonder . . . about the caliber of people we somehow put in
office . . .
No heart . . .

And we can't publicly flog the SOB's ? Why not ?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Edit'd 'cause just ain't worth it.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Chance321]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If these prisoners are innocent, then why are a lot of the released prisoners returning to the fight by joining al-Qaeda?

The article below is just the most recent group that was released and does not include all the previous released prisoners. Also, this only the ones we know about. The figure is probably even higher.

Freed Guantánamo inmates are heading for Yemen to join al-Qaeda fight

The number believed to have “returned to the fight” in the May 2009 estimate was double that of a US estimate from June 2008. US officials acknowledged that more detainees were known to have reoffended since, but the number has been classified.

Let's string this ridiculous logic out further.
So if Bush and Cheney are evil because they know the prisoners are innocent then logic would say that Obama also knows they are innocent. Since Obama has not released them, he is just as guilty as Bush & Cheney right?

Now please start bashing Obama and saying he is also evil.

[edit on 4/9/2010 by WhatTheory]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This, along with that wikileaks video released recently makes me want to quit my job just so I know my labor isnt funding this complete madness. I just need a plan

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Wow. Surprising.
You know, I wouldn't wonder if they flew in there themselves to torture the prisoners and snort some coke.

I think people are too paralyzed, too brainwashed and too afraid to prosecute them. We just slowly, quietly accept it. Not many people have the cojones to stand against a group of this caliber. We need a team of war criminal hunters, both educated in law the courage to stand against these guys.

The problem between the people who want to sustain democracy and the people who want to abuse it is always the same.. the latter is always more organized and does whatever is necessary to gain their goals. They don't suffer from ethics or honor etc. That is why they triumph.

Stuff like this kills me. Slowly.

[edit on 9/4/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
Yes, I am sure that all of them we're innocent. It's all Bush's fault, non of the blame on congress. If I'm not mistaken we have a bigger nightmare in the white house right now.
I'm sure Bush Drinks he blood of children too, he's the Boggy Man.

That's gooood!! You're finally starting to see through all the fog.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This was somehow Obama's fault in 3...2...oh, wait...too late, already posted.

Nothing to see here folks...presidental administrations, especially right wing ones, are protected by the constitution of God which clearly states what they do is not illegal under any circumstance.

I expect all these charges, if evidence pans out (lol...ya, it wont be supressed) to be fully prosecuted and punishment fitting the crime handed out promptly.
I also expect to find a leprecaun popping out of a shark's butt next time I go skinny dipping with angelina jolie and pamela anderson.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
Yes, I am sure that all of them we're innocent. It's all Bush's fault, non of the blame on congress. If I'm not mistaken we have a bigger nightmare in the white house right now.
I'm sure Bush Drinks he blood of children too, he's the Boggy Man.

Yes that's right. None of the blame on Congress. Congress was FORCED to go along with it. Where you here when it happened? I was, I remember If anyone said one word against the war they were "aiding terrorists" and "they hated America". I called it being "Dixie Chicked", poor d***as* politicians had to go along for the ride or be attacked like Murtha or Ron Paul were.

Congress didn't lie about the war BUSH DID. Don't give me that "bad intelligence" crap either because I was there I remember. Hans Blix told them there were no WMDs. Joe Wilson told them they were wrong. Any intelligence that didn't further their war was thrown out.

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld all of them need to be tried for treason and executed. No more "they just hate Bush" crap. He is a criminal and used his office for war profiteering. This is well beyond political manuvering.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Don't believe the BS propaganda. The prisoners at Gitmo were captured at Al Qaeda training camps.

Many of them may not have gone on any missions but they were training to do so.

If a group of men get out of an automobile with ski-masks, duffel bags and firearms in front of a bank and they're apprehended before a robbery takes place are they innocent of doing anything?

I don't think so.

If you sleep with dogs you'll more than likely get fleas and if it looks like a duck, walks like a like a duck and sounds like a duck, then more than likely it is a duck.

Bleeding hearts WILL always going against what is right. Look at what PM Chamberlain did prior to Germany invading Poland.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Are you serious? Or do you get paid for spreading this?

This is the 1 cell logic that is killing the planet every second. Everybody here knows that the war against terrorism is a fraud and has nothing to do with the real causes of the war.

Please.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Don't believe the BS propaganda. The prisoners at Gitmo were captured at Al Qaeda training camps.

Many of them may not have gone on any missions but they were training to do so.

I am certain an intelligent person who so vociferously expresses such an opinion does it based on knowledge of facts and evidence. I am also certain you will be providing them in your next post or just walk away knowing all you said was more pointless propaganda.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
What would be the motivation of holding innocent prisoners that live on foreign soil to begin with? This story doesn't make a whole lot of sense, unless of course these people were suspects or believed to hold the capacity/ties of killing U.S. soldiers/citizens. Hate to break it to you, but if that is the case (and it only seems logical that it is) then that's not grounds for war criminalization.

The motive would be to show how many threatening terrorist are there. It helps increases the public danger perception and until the people are riled up other agendas can be pushed through the tunnel as well.

Originally posted by Ufokrazy
Bush and dick cheney should be put on trial.

How about the same kind of trial they provided to the innocent detainees. Sounds like true and equal justice.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

but the number has been classified.

HAHAHA that is soooo funny, I'm like Ohhh MY GOSH.. YOU Are Hilarious.. The number was one, it doubled to two hahahahahahaha.. That made my day..

[edit on 9-4-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Something just struck me while reading this thread.

I wonder if anyone has ever bothered to check and see how many of the terror suspects hidden away inside Gitmo had ties to or were suppoed directly related to the attacks on 9/11?

I get the feeling that a lot of people were imprisoned at Gitmo (openly or secretly) not so much because of what they did or who they were....but more so because of what they knew and what they could expose.

Ever wonder where some of these supposed hijackers from 9/11 may have ended up?

It would be awful hard for someone to show that they are still alive, or even more so with no access to a lawyer or the media, to prove that they had nothing to do with the attacks.

It would make Bush and Cheney rest a lot easier at night knowing the ones who had the power to demolish the officially story were locked away in Cuba with no trial and no future.

How would anyone ever know?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

What I don’t understand is why hasn’t George Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, and Dick Cheney never been held accountable for their sleazy role in fooling the world that Afghanistan did 911.

The Elites don't let their own go to gaol, plus they stacked the courts with their own patsies. Just look at how Bush/bastard stole the Presidency in the first place.

Iraqi police were being paid by our military $100.00s of dollars to turn over prisoners for money. It stinks of a moneymaking racket an opportunity for the poor Iraqi police, who just wanted to make money and get rid of the town troublemakers.

Sell outs/traitors/stool pidgeons for the American military.

greedy money making war for gaining control of foreign oil and opium fields of drugs?

You hit the nail right on the head as to why this whole charade/fiasco was perpurtrated in the first place & allowed to run its vile course.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by acrux]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
And you voted for him twice...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join