It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some questions about religion, feel free to answer whatever your choice of faith :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ok here's the questions that I'd like to see some logical answers to from the faith followers out here

1. Could the terms eternal and immortal (as in Gods) be considered in a different way not as living forever but more as being remembered forever ? As long as people remember something it shall forever be eternal no ?

2. What does God currently do with his time ? He showed up 2,000 years ago to preach to a primitive version of man who had only just really discovered complex languages and the ability to write and of produce Jesus Christ, then he just dissapeared apparantly leaving his creations and the world to rot

3. Is believing in a God not enough ? Surely as long as you believe there could be a God would be enough to an all loving God as it is recognition of his existance. The whole believe or burn in hell for eternity just doesn't seem logical as example of free choice to me, sure I have the choice to believe but the decision would be biased as noone who is sane would choose burning in hell for eternity now would they ?

4. Following on from 3.... If none believers supposedly burn in hell for eternity, what happened to all those none believers who were never informed of "insert religion here" or in the case of jeudasim were not born into the religion (correct me if I'm wrong but it's true you can't be a Jew unless you were born into it no ?) ? For this I'm talking about people like Ancient Greeks, Ancient Egyptians, Druids, Inca's etc basically people who either lived before the time of religions we have today or where the word of the religion never spread to. Do they really burn in hell for eternity when they never had the chance to believe ?

5. If God created man in his own image (as said in the bible) and we all know man is capable of deception and lies then surely God can also be deviant and liar ? Could he not have made up things when conveying his teachings through Jesus in order to deceive us all ? Also we know man is very imperfect as a species if we follow on with the whole man being an image of God then does that not make God imperfect as well ?

Thanks in advance for your answers

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I see God in a different way than most people. Therefor i also have a different view on just about every question you have.

I dont wonder to much about what others think. Its what i understand and think that matters the most. When i think about God i dont look to the Bible to try and find a definition or a explanation. All i have to do is think about it. When i look out side i see reality the way God has created it. Than there is a few definitions that we all know, Like infinite and Finite. And its not hard to image which one we belong to of these two. Or creation it self for that matter.

To me reality points to that existence is a part of God. Because God is infinite and nothing can be outside the infinite. I don't believe God came down or showed hims self to anyone. Because that is not possible. Because why should he! when he has direct contact with our mind?

The words that are spoken by the prophets might be Gods words. Words he put in their minds. And from there it ended up on paper.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
You posed some good questions. I like the one regarding peoples of ancient times who had no direct access to gods word and knowledge of him or his laws.

I have often stated this before to christians with no real good answer so i also am curious what a christians take on this is.

When god gave the hebrews there laws and rules to live by and knowledge of him, what about the rest of the earth. I have wondered that if god was so worried about his creation, (being ALL of mankind) not knowing him and living by his word, then why didnt he just send prophets to all the peoples of the world and have them all know who he was and all on the same page? Why did he "allow" mankind to drift away from him and forget him only to send word of himself to a select few, the chosen people?

Why god, with all your infinite power to be everywhere, anywhere at any or all times would you take so damn long to spread your message using prophets that would take thousands of years to finally reach every person on the planet. Look how many have died throughout the ages never having even heard of this god of the jews. What happens to them o lord?

If according to the new testament that jesus is the way and no man can come before the father except thru him then what about all those who well never heard of him even during his own time. Dont ya think god could have sent jesus with some way to get the word out quicker that very day to EVERY man woman and child so noone would perish? Seems like a lot of innocent folks who may have wanted to go to heaven and live forever would have been very glad to sign up if only they had gotten word. Nope, lets just do it the slow and low way by taking our time travelling, spreading the word door to door and eventually everyone will know. Too bad so sad for those who lived say in ummm north america to know anything.

My take on this is simple. God HAS revealed himself to every people of the earth in many different ways and jesus said it very well when he said in my fathers house there are many rooms. I honestly believe god has created many paths for different peoples to follow to find and reach him. I believe the jesus entity has revealed himself to every tribe and nation on the planet in many different forms as to what would be best understood by that people.

Why this is so i dont know. Why do we have to walk a path to find him i dont know. Was it us who divided ourselves from paradise and walking side by side with our god? Maybe. Probobly, but as to the rest i have no idea. I just know for a fact that christianity doesnt have the answers. It makes no logical sense and again i will post that i dont believe in a god that cannot even make logical sense. God would not be so organized and perfect as to create such a grand universe and not make sense on even the smallest scale.
Just my 2 cents

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

1. Could the terms eternal and immortal (as in Gods) be considered in a different way not as living forever but more as being remembered forever ? As long as people remember something it shall forever be eternal no ?

Obviously not; just go look up the definition of Immortality or Eternal.

2. What does God currently do with his time ? He showed up 2,000 years ago to preach to a primitive version of man who had only just really discovered complex languages and the ability to write and of produce Jesus Christ, then he just dissapeared apparantly leaving his creations and the world to rot

What does he do with his time? Wow. I'm sure our human minds can't even begin to comprehend what Allah does with his " time " but in the Holy Quran it states that " Not even a single leaf falls from a tree without Allah knowing about it. " So, obviously, he spends a great deal of his time paying attention to just about everything that happens on our Planet.

3. Is believing in a God not enough ? Surely as long as you believe there could be a God would be enough to an all loving God as it is recognition of his existance. The whole believe or burn in hell for eternity just doesn't seem logical as example of free choice to me, sure I have the choice to believe but the decision would be biased as noone who is sane would choose burning in hell for eternity now would they ?

I somewhat agree with you on this statement. I believe if a person lives their life righteously and does good things - loves their family, doesn't harm others on purpose, ect. Then he should be allowed to a greater plane of existence after we leave this world. But that is not up to me; so take it up with Allah when you get the pleasure of meeting him.

5. If God created man in his own image (as said in the bible) and we all know man is capable of deception and lies then surely God can also be deviant and liar ? Could he not have made up things when conveying his teachings through Jesus in order to deceive us all ? Also we know man is very imperfect as a species if we follow on with the whole man being an image of God then does that not make God imperfect as well ?

I personally believe that when it says " God created us in his own image " it means he created us through his thoughts - not his reflection in the mirror. =) Also, what teachings of Jesus do you find to be deceitful ? I'm just curious, that's all. It has been a while since I've read the Holy Quran from front to back but I can't recall any at the moment.

At any rate - I personally believe that Allah is an eternal source of energy that existed outside of the Universe that he created with his Mind. I believe some things are simply incomprehensible to the human mind as we are still - to this very day - debating the source of our own origins; never mind where Allah came from.

Anyway, I tried to answer your questions to the best of my ability. I am far from an " Intellectual "; so perhaps someone smarter will come along and answer your questions more intelligently.

~ Matt

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
Ok here's the questions that I'd like to see some logical answers to from the faith followers out here

My religion considers immortality as the spirit living forever......Not just remembered forever.

My religion considers the spirit as a facet of the almighty, the total consciousness of god cannot exist in one physical body, they'd be too charged up and have kundalini experiences.....The mind of god is ALL that is, nothing exists outside of it. Everything you see/hear/touch/smell etc... all energy is god and god alone. It doesn't do anything in its time other than exist and experiences through us...

My religion doesn't believe in an afterlife - other than re-incarnation, not necessity in believing in god to be part of this, its what every person/living thing goes through.

4. Following on from 3.... If none believers supposedly burn in hell for eternity, what happened to all those none believers who were never informed of "insert religion here" or in the case of jeudasim were not born into the religion (correct me if I'm wrong but it's true you can't be a Jew unless you were born into it no ?) ? For this I'm talking about people like Ancient Greeks, Ancient Egyptians, Druids, Inca's etc basically people who either lived before the time of religions we have today or where the word of the religion never spread to. Do they really burn in hell for eternity when they never had the chance to believe ?

Following from my previous response, re-incarnation is for all things, no need in believing or being born into a religion for this. It occurs naturally for all beings. Where you go though, thats dependant on your achievements and agreement by higher beings.

In my religion this refers to the spirit only, not physically. Since we are facets of the almighty, we have characteristics of the almighty. Everything is god anyway, so its said that its intelligence of being sentient is what humans have taken on board...

Thanks in advance for your answers

NP

Marty

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

What does God currently do with his time

Time is the measurement of change. God is changeless, so time has no meaning in relation to him. We as humans are in time. God is in eternity.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Sure, but two different things really. For example, Marilyn Monroe is "immortalized" on the silver screen...but she isn't "immortal"...she's quite dead.

Well, the Christian (and most other faiths) answer would be that he's always watching over his flock....

Even in Christianity, belief is not enough, acceptance of the Savior is the key. For other faiths, there is usually some duty or duties to perform in the deity's service, in order to be "saved". For most, it boils down to the golden rule, do unto others as you would have done unto you.... The whole Hell thing really isn't even mentioned in the Bible all that much...(and most ideas about it come from Dante's Inferno...not the Bible)...

In Christianity, such individuals never accepted Jesus, so they burn. Simple as that. More tolerant Christians have a looser interpretation, but scripturally, nonbelievers burn. In general, the more "our way or die" a religion is, the more damned the nonbelievers are in the afterlife. For example, you'll never hear a Buddhist claim non-Buddhists are damned.

Boils down to your interpretation of "in his image". That's a pretty loose definition, so take it as you like. Do we just look like him? Do we act like him? How can a perfect being make something that is imperfect? Wouldn't that then define Him as not perfect? Its always a paradox.

new topics

top topics

join