It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else notice the acceleration of events?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Does anybody else notice how rapidly events are unfolding recently? It seems like more scientific discoveries pertaining to our existance are being discovered than ever before, especially in the past few weeks. Plus, with the amount of earthquakes the past few months and other disasters, I feel like I'm getting the sane amount of news in a week that I got in a couple months a few years ago.

The ancient legends say that the time leading to this 'shift' in (possibly) 2012, events would be greatly accelerated. Looking back on the last few weeks even and comparing it to several years ago, I would say I'd believe it, that events are accelerating.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
yes i watched a lecture on this by Ian Lungold who talked about the acceleration of events and explained the Mayan Calendar

it is definitely accelerating! and its only going to get faster and faster, so get used to it

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Go back and listen to some 15-20 year old Art Bell shows, he was talking about "the quickening", as he called it, and people were calling in about the same thing even then. I think that every generation feels the same way, that their time on the Earth is somehow special. Sort of like how religious people believe that they are living in the end times, and have believed this for thousands of years..

Even go back to the beginning of ATS, there's always at least one thread going around about how events are seemingly speeding up.

I think it's part of being human to perceive things in this way and 100 years from now, people will think the same thing.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
well time is speeding up for all generations -- it has been speeding up and it will continue to speed up so 20 year old shows with the same information is accurate because it was true for them and it is true for us too

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well, technically every generation has lived during a quickening.

As we advance, our population grows and more technology spreads.

This means that "word of events" travels faster too, so it is true in it's most basic sense.

Every generation has been living through a quickening since the dawn of time.

Thus is the direction of civilization and progress.

So if you feel things are speeding up around you in their developments, do not be surprised. This is what is Suppose to happen. It means we are advancing technologically speaking.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well things are not going fast enough, they should speed up even more.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
dont worry it will continue to speed up

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I see political events unfolding faster, especially worldwide, what with Kyrgyzstan and Bangkok both falling apart, Iceland was not too long before that, and America generally spiraling into tyranny.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

then you haven't been following anything.

i don't care whether things CHANGE, or not.

its not the END that is coming, it is a CHANGE.

denying an acceleration in a unique timeframe is just plain wrong thinking.

all of this has happened many times in the past, its apart of how things have always worked. but it was never the end. and it won't be for awhile.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

advancing isn't exactly the only part of the topic.

take in consideration world events and the things usually with normal happenstance

[edit on 8-4-2010 by tektek2012]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
My friends, I have to agree that events do seem to be unrolling at a faster pace these last ten years; but I also suggest that our minds percieve the passage of time differently in different situations; remember the phrase " time flies while you are having fun?"

Typically, if I am busy, whether it is at work, or reading posts here, time flies by; at the same time, at work when there is not much going on, the day just seems to drag by.

I have to say that Art Bell and his "quickening" do seem to have some merit at times, but I feel it is again due to how we percieve things.

seeker

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
yes the experience of perceiving of time has accelerated for me and for my friends also.

it feels like 2000 was YESTERDAY and i still feel like im only 17 (i am 22 now)

things happen a lot quicker in my mind, in my perception

i agree with the OP

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
For "knowing that his time would be short" rings a bell

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well look at it this way...The "present moment" can be described in one of two ways:

Your either working toward a future(getting stronger), OR
Recollecting a past moment (getting wiser)

Obviously it takes a balance of both to be a happy person, or else your either going to feel worthless, or just burn out on trying so hard and not getting anywhere.

So the more time flies, the more you are recollecting on the past...because your brain really isn't entering any new data. Recollecting is basically just like sleeping, except your aware of your surroundings.

Maybe you just need to set a goal, you know, like you used to have back in high school (working out for the ladies, playing a sport, working on your future career).

The older we get and the lazier we get, the harder it gets to start over. You can't achieve a dream if your in a constant dream like state, see what I'm saying?

Times pretty slow for me right now...slower than it has been in the past. Maybe because I'm actually doing things so I can be happy in the future and not have to worry about being an old man who regrets how he could have been one of the happiest people in the world...all he had to do was try.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Nostradumbass]

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Nostradumbass]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
its the year of the tiger !!!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ahhh good ole Charlie Manson,, now there was someone we need to remember,, yup remember the trial like its was yesterday,, great bunch,, if i remember right they cut the unborn child from Sharon Tate stomach , while she was alive mind u,, oh ya good ole Charlie nice too see he still has his quotes to work with.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yes. I have noticed this myself. Just the other day I remember thinking, "wow, it's the year 2000! I wonder what I will be like in ten years". It seems like just yesterday. I still feel like I'm 18 (now 28). When I was younger, a year seemed to take forever. Now a year feels like three months, tops.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I dont know about anybody else but my things is defenetly slwing down,like in real time,i can explane if anybody asks,maybe some things is speeding some are slowing or is it just me!

Best Regards,
ekiusa

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The rate at which information registers on our consciousness is accellerating and has been for quite some time. Technology is the reason as muzzleflash pointed out. But I think the overload factor has reached a tipping point and pulling us towards "evolutionary" increases in awareness.
Things happen faster in a larger world, now we find out about those things instantaneously, the occurrence of things that we notice is more frequent than our "short term memory" so we cognate more, which is the evolutionary aspect. But the absolute fact that over a billion people have access to worldwide events and the capability to share them with the rest is having an effect on us as a species.

gj

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
To me, it seems to go in spurts. For instance, this morning in the newspaper, I noticed a lot of stories about significant world events, and spent quite a long time reading them all. Other days I finish the paper in less than five minutes because nothing happened.

I do agree though, things are speeding up. I think it's a result of increasing technology and a larger knowledge base, as well as increased accessibility for both to the average person. In addition, we have an ever growing world population, and it makes good sense that with more people, more knowledge, and more technology, that more things are going to happen, both good and bad. It's like the old legend about a guy who works for a king, and asks to be paid in grains of rice, one the first day, two the next day, four the next, and so on, doubling every day; it won't take very many days before the amount owed is so much that there isn't enough rice on the planet to pay him. That's kind of like how it is with the acceleration of events, in my mind. (except that the rate is a lot less than doubling every day :p)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join