It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Rising video: Noticed a big mistake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I am currently viewing the Moon Rising video by Joe Escamilla and have noted something about what he statesabout 30 minutes into the video:

At 30:22 on the the movie time line this is quoted: Printed on the screen.

On November 20th 1969, the Apollo 12 Astronauts did an experiment with some strange results. They crashed the Lunar Module ascent stage into the surface of the moon.

Shockwaves reverberated throughtout the moon for over an hour. Some have likened this to "ringing like a bell."

[below is the part that is wrong!]

These results were repeated during the apollo 13 mission, however this time the shockwaves lasted for three hours.

WHAT? That was printed on the screen as well as him speaking this, how could he not see the error?

The LM on Apollo 13 was seperated right before reentry and never was close to hitting the MOON!

True the SIV-b did sucessfully target and hit the moon. But he definitely does not say this, WOW!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Could you perhaps post a few links? I would like to see some of the info you got it all from.

I don't doubt your credibility, just want to see the video

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
Could you perhaps post a few links? I would like to see some of the info you got it all from.

I don't doubt your credibility, just want to see the video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Thanks, I googled the guy but I wasn't sure if it was Jose or Joe

Is it in part 3?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

I actually borrowed the movie from a friend. Like I said its at 30:23 where the quote is stated....

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Thanks, I googled the guy but I wasn't sure if it was Jose or Joe

Is it in part 3?

I don't know which video. I just looked for and posted the video link for everyone. I'll look at the videos later as I'm trynig to wake up. Must to have more coffee

[edit on 4/8/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Yeah I'm on youtube, the segments are like 9 minutes apart, I'm looking for what your talking about, but it's going take 20 minutes though

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
@ theability

Okay! so after watching some of the movie you referred I found the youtube video that contains the part that is mentioned

www.youtube.com...

it starts to mention the quote you stated at 3:12

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Thank you for noting the difference between the DVD and youtube editions.

COOL! so at 3:12 on youtube version.

I was rather neutral on the movie as a whole, that was kind of a big blunder....

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
just watched that youtube version, with the part I stated.

Ouch! Didn't the LM from Apollo 13 land close the Mariana Trench, to better hide the RTG Plutonium Battery in the LM from People?

anyway....

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

On November 20th 1969, the Apollo 12 Astronauts did an experiment with some strange results. They crashed the Lunar Module ascent stage into the surface of the moon.

Shockwaves reverberated throughtout the moon for over an hour. Some have likened this to "ringing like a bell."

These results were repeated during the apollo 13 mission, however this time the shockwaves lasted for three hours.

It's not wrong - It says that the results (i.e. the reverberations, which indicated the moon's interior was more solid than molten) were repeated, and that is true. It did not say (or even suggest) that the experiment was repeated in every detail. This was essentially the same experiment, just using a bigger hammer to "ring the bell" - and therefore got more dramatic results.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

I have to admit, to me it makes me assume that the ascent stage results were repeated.....

That is how it comes across to me. This is exactly what is stated.

It does not say, that A Booster was used to create same effect!

Right?

In scienitific method, repeating results means doign EXACTLY the same thing....

[edit on 8-4-2010 by theability]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability

In scienitific method, repeating results means doign EXACTLY the same thing....

Nope. Repeating experiments means doing exactly the same thing.

1+3=4
9-5=4
2x2=4
sqrt16=4
100/25=4

Same result, different methods.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Saint Exupery]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

Addition is not substraction,
a positive is not a negative...

If your trying to prove a hypothesis, your doing things the same.

Not improvising data that fits....

The SIV-B is not the Ascent stage in fact it had much different energies and trajectories [from infinity]: than having the LM from orbit even, crash into the moon.

Apollo 13 Saturn V FlightEv.pdf This document states above...
apollomaniacs.web.infoseek.co.jp...

Repeat in the dictionary say this:
www.merriam-webster.com...

1a : to say or state again b : to say over from memory: recite 2a : to make, do, or perform again, "repeat an experiment" b : to make appear again c : to go through or experience again
3 : to express or present (oneself) again in the same words, terms, or form

It does not say that repeating an EXPERIMENT is doing things DIFFERENTLY does it? Its says to perform again.....

This has nothing to with scientific method, doing other experiments to achieve the same results is NOT the same way.

You'd never get patents is you can't prove your hypothesis. The same over and over. You can't call chemistry that uses different fomulas to get the same results, repeating the formula.

Do I need to continue...not really.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
here is the LRO image of the Apollo 13 SIV-B impact site...

wms.lroc.asu.edu...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

WHAT? That was printed on the screen as well as him speaking this, how could he not see the error?

The LM on Apollo 13 was seperated right before reentry and never was close to hitting the MOON!

True the SIV-b did sucessfully target and hit the moon. But he definitely does not say this, WOW!

Sorry I must be slow today it may be my fault but I'm completely missing your point. I'd be the last person to defend Escamilla since so much of what he says is wrong as outlined in this thread:

Escamilla’s Fans Just Got Conned! Deny Ignorance!

So if he said something else wrong we could just add it to the long list already in that thread.

Now I really haven't researched this yet, but before I do I want to understand what you think the problem is.

Didn't they crash the S-4b into the moon on both Apollo 12 and Apollo 13 for seismic impact evaluation, and isn't that what the video refers to by "repeating the experiment"? Aren't they referring to the S-4b in both cases? Like I said I haven't researched it yet, so forgive me if I'm way off here.

In other words if they are referring to the S-4b crashing on both missions, I'm not sure what the lunar module has to do with it.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I was outlining that he suggested by his wording that the Ascent Stage of Apollo 13 LM was crashed into the Moon and thus; repeated results of Apollo 12 doing just as I have stated.

This what I propose in the OP.

We all know that the LM of Apollo 13 Came back with the Crew, I mean they were living in it!

BTW if you watch the video AT 3:12 you'll see what I mean!
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10-4-2010 by theability]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
[edit on 4/10/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

uhhh.....did you mean to edit your post out completely???

I am interested to hear your view....

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArbitrageurDidn't they crash the S-4b into the moon on both Apollo 12 and Apollo 13 for seismic impact evaluation, and isn't that what the video refers to by "repeating the experiment"? Aren't they referring to the S-4b in both cases? Like I said I haven't researched it yet, so forgive me if I'm way off here.

The Apollo 12 S-IVB was not crashed into the Moon because there was not a working seismometer on the Moon at the time. It entereed solar orbit and comes back near the Earth every few years.

Apollo 12 and subsequent missions placed seismometers and other instruments that were powered by radioisotope generators that kept them operating and beaming data back to the Earth for years. From Apollo 13 on, the S-IVBs were crashed to provide calibrated data points. Knowing the location, mass and impact velocity of these events allowed them to better gauge the strength of unplanned, natural events. The targets crashes of the Ascent stages did the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join