It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else seems to go to the same place every night in their dreams?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Wrote this reply last night,well,early this morning,but it dissapeared..was too tired then to repeat,but here goes:

I go to various places again+again,but not every night,occasionaly.The one place(and the dream always starts off with me,arriving in the same spot) I am walking down the right side of a street,leading down to a small beach or harbour way in the distance..there's charming little small shops and restaurants on this side of the road(i get the idea one is a little Greek restaurant/cafe.I never any of those,tho i would like to.Then i enter a tavern/pub with a horseshoe-shaped wooden bar straight across from the entrance..to my left is a greyish curtain,as you enter thruogh the curtain,theres a passage straight in front of you.Dimly lit by amber-colored lighting,and carpeted,very cosy,actualy.All the rooms are on the left side of the passage.

To your right,as you pass through the curtain, is another passage,more stark and not cosy and welcoming,realy,very utilitarian.Here you find lots and lots of rooms,mostly empty,and stairs,different floors,like a biggish office building/empty apartment complex,i never realy see people here.There's also big cement-walled and floored shower/toilet/bathroom facility,and here i have encountered people,far as i can remember,all women,most of them young women,i think,but those memories are very hazy..This place is realy big on the inside,more than you could guess,from the pavement,where its dimensions seem in proportion to the small shops you encounter along your way to it.
This is the only place i never feel homesick for,like the other locations in my dreams.
On the left side of the road (i just glanced once,for some reason i dont like to look that way) there appears to be these big black and dark grey tinted glass shopfronts,very cold and dreary looking,in stark contrast with the picturesque scene on the right,where all the charming little shops and resturants are.In fact,its like its two different places altogether.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I've had a recurrent dream of the same location, and did different things, it was a bridge, the dreams stopped a while ago though, as for your comment on floating, it's funny, because when I float in dreams no one seems to care either, heheh.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Very very interesting thread sir..i wonder if you are connected to me and my friend phantom..i have had dreams of a rural area as im sure you are reading...thank you for pointing me inyour direction..i think this could be a wonderful find...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
im glad i have found others who experience nearly the same thing i am. maybe someone can provide some insight as to why these dreams occur.
so for a while now, maybe a year or more, almost every single night i dream about a second life. it is very similar to my own. i own a condo, which is slightly larger than the one i have, in a neighborhood similar to my real one. i am married to my wife, i see my family often, i even spend the better part of some dreams at work, which is very similar to my real work, with a slightly different layout. even if i do things that are nothing like my real life, and i dont interact with people i usually see in my dreams, i am aware of their existence and sometimes talk or think about them. it is very rare that illogical or irrational things happen in my dreams. in other words, my dreams are almost always comprised of events that could plausibly happen in real life. whats weirder is that the events that occur in my dreams are events that could plausibly happen in MY life. it is quite mundane, but interesting, since when i am dreaming, i think and feel like i am living. i sometimes go to different and new locations, just last night i dreamt that my entire immediate family went on vacation. sometimes i spend the dream in my home. sometimes i go to the store or work, or anywhere that one might go at any given point in life.
does anyone else experience this? and does anyone have a theory as to why this happens?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Hmmm... Are we in the same city, every night?

S&F.

I've been seemingly going into the same "dreamworld" in almost every dream that I can remember. What I mean by "the same "dreamworld"" is this: it's the same place everytime. It's a city. Just a city. Not some futuristic or otherworldly city, just a city. A metropolitan area that I seem to be familiar with in the dream. It reminds me (after waking) of an area near Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. Sometimes I'm outside trying to find a bus stop, other times I'm walking, trying to find my bearings so I might get to some location in the city. The area I seem to always find myslf near also has a freeway interchange of some sort. Other times it seems somehow apocalyptic. Sometimes I find myself in the basement of a building, trying to find a safe hiding place frome something. The basement is full of old junk and rubble , and there are passageways of some sort in the walls where I try to hide.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Thanks everybody for the responses. I've been remiss in checking in on this thread, and am going to go back and catch up.

Sweet dreams...

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
Had to go and 'look busy' for a while, all the time wanting to return to this thread. Grabbing the opportunity now and have speed read all the posts since I had to leave

Common themes:

* malls

* 'ordinary'/pleasant locations

* certain atmosphere which you savour in the days, months, years since the last 'locations specific' dreams ?

* feeling akin to longing and homesickness for the specific locations and atmosphere characteristic of these location-specific dreams

* 'people' encountered in some of the location-specific dreams

* the atmosphere or 'feeling' so characteristic of these location-specific dreams (?) I know that's a big part of the phenomenon for me

* the location-specific dreams do not fade anywhere near as fast as do 'ordinary' dreams -- in some cases can still be remembered a decade or more later and are more akin to memorable real-life events than dreams

reply to post by Dock9

I keep running across posts like yours mentioning "malls". There is a mall in this place in my dreams. I've been inside it, outside it. It has more than one floor with crazy stairs and.or escalators. Also... there is some kind of office.cafeteria area in a sub-level with hallways and walk-though areas. I wish I could describe it better.
edit on 10/24/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: reply

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

S&F.

reply to post by Arken

It seems to be the case. Somehow. What about the mall? Have you been to a mall in this place?

edit on 10/24/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I've had this dream twice now in the last month. The details are a bit different but the theme is the same. An asteroid hits the oceans and creates huge tsunami's that ravage the coasts. I'm with a group of survivors and in one dream, I had my youngest son (20) and wife, but we were separated shortly after the event and during the scramble to find shelter. The last dream, I saw at least three large wave surges that scoured the shorelines clean of structures. In the last dream, I had my son with me who has CP and I was carrying him. I couldn't lift him anymore and I knew I had to leave him behind. Thankfully, I woke up so I wasn't faced with that decision (would I have just stayed with him or would I have left him to carry on?).
I wish it was more up beat, like I win the lottery but no such luck... Although, I used to dream that I was on the Price is Right. I used to have this as a reoccurring dream. I'd get on the show and win a car! This dream came true! I was on the show, won the floor prize and got on stage. And guess what, I won a car?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
You can add me to the count.

I posted this to a thread last year.

Originally posted by OneisOne
I can not believe I am about to post this on ATS, but... wow.... here goes......

I have had dreams about a city for the atleast the last 15 years. The city I dream about is huge and has a curious mix of old (best I can describe is maybe a small English village) to very modern almost futuristic. I can give directions to almost any place in that city. Hospital buildings, shops, malls, offices, restaurants. I can navigate the city streets and know the motorway/highway system inside and out. I have dreamed of being in the city both on foot and in a vehicle. I even know the housing suburbs and the interior of many of the homes. My dreams are so varied. From trying to make it to an appointment, to shopping in the mall, to running from monsters, to setting in traffic and walking down the street to eat at a restaurant.

I have also had dreams with the same feel about other areas, mostly an entertainment type place. Almost like a mix between a large amusement park and Las Vegas. Gambling and roller coaster type rides. I can see perfectly clear in my mind the approach to this area and many of the buildings/rides. Sometimes I even think I could draw a map to get there from the city, but it is like something that I can't translate visually.

Once many years ago when I was working for a radio station I attended an "after work" promotion that the radio station put on at a local bar. It was one of those, women come out after work for discounted drinks and free stuff sort of things. I was new to radio back then and went to see how that type of promotion worked. As part of the "geared toward women" theme, they had a palm reader setup and she was doing mini-readings for $5. I was in a new job and figured what the heck. She went thru my reading and at the end I just asked, can you tell me about the city? I did not give any details or even mention dreaming, just that question. She replied that the city was where my past lives and my future lives were coming together. That my dreams of the city was me trying to resolve my path. The city was just me trying to use what I did know with what I would know to get me though this life.

I don't know if that helps, but I'm glad I'm not the only one that says.... "I dreamed about the city last night". Thanks for your thread, now I don't feel so alone!

OiO

And now I've posted it twice to ATS.

I even dreamed about the amusement/gambling place last night. The thing that stuck out is I had spent two days there mostly having to do mundane stuff and I was upset when I had to leave because I didn't visit the "Vegas" area.

I also dream of a rural area and an abandoned area, those dreams almost always involve monsters or an invasion of some sort. The absolute worst is when I have an overnight blood sugar spike (I'm a type 1 diabetic). When that happens I have the most real and terrifying dreams. So bad that some nights it's hard to go back to sleep.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I've been to a town a few times in my dreams.

No idea if it's a real place or not - but there's nothing unusual about it, feels like a kind of coastal holiday resort town, its got a railway, a beach and a grey ornamental fountain.

If i come here in my dreams, i get a feeling of familiarity.

Can't really remember much more to be honest.

Sounds like you keep going to Whitby.
Hell, even double frick sounds like they go to Whitby.

I was just telling Ben in another thread how I have this huge mansion and inside is a delightful maze of rooms, passages and stairs. It's fabulous and it feels safe. The most odd thing about it is if I venture out it's always in different locations like the bloody tardis. I love that house!.
edit on 25-10-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I find this in literally every dream I have.
Its always my town but all the places of significance are close together.
There's a small woodland nature reserve near my house, and in my dreams its always closer and bigger, the layout and features are completely different but you can tell its the same place everytime if you know what I mean.
Other times I'll be in some kind of hotel, or big block of flats, always the same people but I never seem to recognise them.
I think the woodland appears a lot because that's where we used to go with my friends when we left School, the best moments of my teenage years happened there.
It is strange though, it always seems to be crossed with a bigger wood a few miles down the road where I used to go mountain biking, and with a place called "the nothe gardens"
Which is another place of significance for me.
I sure do love dreams, I mean who doesn't wish they could live in their dream world?

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by Arken

S&F.

reply to post by Arken

It seems to be the case. Somehow. What about the mall? Have you been to a mall in this place?

edit on 10/24/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

Well, in all onesty, and this is the first time I speak about this... Yes.

A Big Underground Mall, builded by my "dream friend".... A Giant... and his companions... Giants.

edit on 25-10-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yes OP! I have numerous "dreamscapes" where different dream scenes take place.
There is a school in my dream that I've have dream-episodes in a few times now. It's like every school I ever went to combined into one with parts that are made up. I usually see Tons of old classmates & strangers there too.
There's one of my old houses that I have dream-episodes in. I know I have more than two familiar dream places but now that I'm trying to remember I can't. I'll have to remember when I'm not stil sleepy ah ha..

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

"In my dream I was drowning my sorrows, but my sorrows - they learned to swim"
- U2, "Until The End Of The World"

edit on 10/25/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: the end

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

"Harry... lat night I had a dream. I was in a red room. There was a giant and a dwarf. The dwarf did a dance and a beautiful woman in a black dress told me the name of the killer. But I can't... remember... the name..."
- Dale Cooper to Sheriff Truman, "Twin Peaks"

No giants in my dream, or dwarfs or even beautiful women in black evening gowns. Or killers for that matter. But things do seem to be post-apocalyptic somehow. This is getting (getting?) spooky. Maybe I should capitalize the word spooky... "Spooky"

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I usually find myself at school in my dreams. It's not exactly the same place, it's different. But I dream almost everynight about that place

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

You may find these two threads of mine interesting:

"Akashic Records And Antique Shop"? Or Just A Random Dream?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 1/16/2011 @ 08:59 PM

Who else seems to go to the same place every night in their dreams?
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 4/14/2010 @ 02:24 PM

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

reply to post by Dock9

I keep running across posts like yours mentioning "malls". There is a mall in this place in my dreams. I've been inside it, outside it. It has more than one floor with crazy stairs and.or escalators. Also... there is some kind of office.cafeteria area in a sub-level with hallways and walk-though areas. I wish I could describe it better.
edit on 10/24/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: reply

Wow! The crazy synchronicities with these dreamscapes, Mall World in particular, are astounding. Please read this post:

That whole post of mine describes what you briefly described here, would love to read any comment(s) you may have! Thank you!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join