It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Universe in wormhole? so suggest Physicist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
www.sciencedaily.com...

ScienceDaily (Apr. 7, 2010) — Could our universe be located within the interior of a wormhole which itself is part of a black hole that lies within a much larger universe?

Such a scenario in which the universe is born from inside a wormhole (also called an Einstein-Rosen Bridge) is suggested in a paper from Indiana University theoretical physicist Nikodem Poplawski.

Poplawski takes advantage of the Euclidean-based coordinate system called isotropic coordinates to describe the gravitational field of a black hole and to model the radial geodesic motion of a massive particle into a black hole.
In studying the radial motion through the event horizon (a black hole's boundary) of two different types of black holes -- Schwarzschild and Einstein-Rosen, both of which are mathematically legitimate solutions of general relativity -- Poplawski admits that only experiment or observation can reveal the motion of a particle falling into an actual black hole. But he also notes that since observers can only see the outside of the black hole, the interior cannot be observed unless an observer enters or resides within.

"This condition would be satisfied if our universe were the interior of a black hole existing in a bigger universe," he said. "Because Einstein's general theory of relativity does not choose a time orientation, if a black hole can form from the gravitational collapse of matter through an event horizon in the future then the reverse process is also possible. Such a process would describe an exploding white hole: matter emerging from an event horizon in the past, like the expanding universe."

A white hole is connected to a black hole by an Einstein-Rosen bridge (wormhole) and is hypothetically the time reversal of a black hole. Poplawski's paper suggests that all astrophysical black holes, not just Schwarzschild and Einstein-Rosen black holes, may have Einstein-Rosen bridges, each with a new universe inside that formed simultaneously with the black hole.
"From that it follows that our universe could have itself formed from inside a black hole existing inside another universe," he said.

Einstein-Rosen bridges like the one visualized above have never been observed in nature, but they provide theoretical physicists and cosmologists with solutions in general relativity by combining models of black holes and white holes. (Credit: Image courtesy of Indiana University)

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/4/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What if the Universe isn't "inside" of anything?

I know, call me crazy...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
lol, really.

anything to keep us from progress i guess eh? lol
just keep studying ^%$# you will never in this lifetime know answers to.
and you know it. :p

what if ..
the only thing the Universe is in ,
is within the mind?

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
lol, really.

anything to keep us from progress i guess eh? lol
just keep studying ^%$# you will never in this lifetime know answers to.
and you know it. :p

what if ..
is within the mind?

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Ahmose]

That attitude will surely advance our collective knowlege. Not. Why bash the OP for posting legitimate news for our dissemination. Without questions we'll never know anything.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

what if ..
is within the mind?

Ohh That was a good one.

Maybe the only thing the Universe is in, is our minds.

I am gonna say that to someone else today.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Here's a link to an original paper published by Nikodem J. Poplawski, Department of Physics, Indiana University, 727 East Third Street, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA (Dated: February 27, 2009) titled

"Radial motion into the Einstein-Rosen bridge"

it's a pdf, so you need Acrobat Reader to view...

arxiv.org...

edit: I found the article link at this site:

nextbigfuture.com...

[edit on 4/8/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I love reading information like this. I can't fathom any of it whatsoever, but it's good reading!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
I love reading information like this. I can't fathom any of it whatsoever, but it's good reading!!!

What this guy said

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Not yet.
But it will be, get out while you still can.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What if this universe is just the surface of a much, much larger hyper-dimensional object?

So, we are in a 3D universe, but what if this 3D universe is just the surface of a 11D sphere?

Or maybe we're not even here.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
What if this universe is just the surface of a much, much larger hyper-dimensional object?

So, we are in a 3D universe, but what if this 3D universe is just the surface of a 11D sphere?

Or maybe we're not even here.

Reminds me of those hypercube movies en.wikipedia.org...(film)

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I have always thought that maybe the universe is in our minds. I also think that the universe expands as our brains expand.

The more we know the bigger the universe gets. I think the universe and our consciousness are one in the same.

Good post.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
What if the universe is on the surface of a cracked tic tac falling toward the bottom of a vast ocean of liquid gold?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Not only is the universe in our minds it is our minds and everything outside our minds. crazy huh. I guess thats why it's called the universe.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I recently had a shamanistic journey where, let me try to explain, I basically realized that we are but one universe in a multiverse, and by multiverse I mean each next universe is the same but with one change in it, , but then all of a sudden you throw in various variables and it is basically infinity times infinity times infinity universes... hard to explain...

new topics

top topics

join