It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malema kicks out BBC journalist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Malema kicks out BBC journalist

www.timeslive.co.za

ANC Youth League leader Julius Malema kicked a BBC journalist out of a press conference, calling him "a bastard and a bloody agent".
Fisher has walked out of the briefing following the tirade.

Malema said journalists should not undermine him, especially at ANC headquarters, Luthuli House.

Malema said he was not threatening media freedom, but demanding respect. "When you are in my house you must behave," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.news24.com
www.news24.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.news24.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The racial/media situation in South Africa is worsening at a very rapid pace.

The worse part is that that it is mostly unnoticed by the international community. The international media does not report the situation, or only report a biased version of the events going currently in SA.

During the past weekend a prominent leader (Eugene Terre'blance of the AWB Movement) the far right political movement have been murdered and tomorrow will be his funeral. Big crowds of his political movement will be present and the media predicts between the lines that racial conflict could be expected. It is portrayed in such a way that it would sound to the international community that a 'civil war' is about to start in South Africa.

Which is rather big in any way. But the truth to the matter is that I think that the media and the people behind it is trying to unleash some forces of bad destruction to destroy or destabilize South Africa for some reason unkown.

Julius Malema is the leader of the ANC Youth League in South Africa, and affiliate of the majority rule government. He is a rather loose cannon who plans to nationalize South Africa the way Zimbabwe has gone...

In the past couple of weeks he has chanted and caused an uprise in some circles of the black to community by singing songs inciting people to kill the white people.

Today he has returned from Zimbabwe where he was instructed about nationalizing farms and industries. During a press conference he snubbed and asked an BBC journalist for asking basic questions pertaining to the situation.

Since I expect that news stations like the BBC are also part of the bigger plan to contort the news that you won't even hear about their journalist being snubbed.

The media and their people are behind some obscure things happening in SA, and unfortunately you won't be finding anything on your local news.

BE ON THE LOOK-OUT! I EXPECT THINGS COULD TURN FOR THE WORSE BECAUSE OF INTERNATIONAL MEDIA ENVOLVEMENT!

www.timeslive.co.za
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
considering the person is an immgrant decent
who thinks it was right to keep the aparthide going.
he deserved it.

the man ran a far right white group in a blackcountry wanting to rule over the indigenous populace

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
considering the person is an immgrant decent
who thinks it was right to keep the aparthide going.
he deserved it.

the man ran a far right white group in a blackcountry wanting to rule over the indigenous populace

I totally agree with you. Eugene Terre'blance was a far right politician who even took part to prevent a free and racially fair, balanced South Africa. He even served a shortened jail sentence for assaulting a black man. After serving his sentence, he returned a different man (or so it appears).

The point that I'm making is to state that some sinister forces collaborated by the (international) media are trying to destabilize to current political situation in SA. First by stating that his murder is not caused by political will after the ruling party (Far left / communists) are trying to rule out his murder as non political, after weeks of chanting 'kill the boer' which basically means to kill white people. The person chanting and arousing the masses went to Zimbabwe to learn how to turn SA to something similar to Zimbabwe, which by the way is a total failure.

That same person has turned against a BBC correspondent/journalist who supposedly were there to gather information about the situation to show what is going on.

While simultaneously you will find out nothing about what is really going on from reading your news columns on the internet or reading your newspaper, until the whole situation could probably have turned for the worse.

My view is objective and I am informing you, before you read some obscured version of what is going on in SA from the media.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
According to the history I read over 40 years ago, there wasn't a Negro within a 1,000 miles of the Cape when the Boars landed, then the British later, so the Boars moved 'up country' and started the 'Orange free state' Which the Brits decided they also wanted..........

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I myself liked SA under apartheid, it was much less bothersome...
Who knows, maybe it will return to that state of being and things will be better over there.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The BBC are a bunch of agents as far as I'm concerned.

So are any CNN, NBC, Fox, or any other American MSM "reporters."

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by vance
I myself liked SA under apartheid, it was much less bothersome...
Who knows, maybe it will return to that state of being and things will be better over there.

Dangerous words Vance, very very dangerous words...

@illusive man

I am a sixth generation white male South African, am I also an immigrant?

Shall we start labeling and pointing fingers at all the white males in America, Australia, New Zealand etc etc... at least we did not nearly exterminate the indigenous population and call it sport.

We cannot go back in history and say who deserves to live where as this planet is far too small for that now or else there would be no labour left in many many first world countries who rely on immigrants, but that is just a small point.

My point is that I regard myself as more of an African than most Africans living off the continent of Africa.

I speak 2 African languages fluently, Zulu & Xhosa, I know the culture better than most teenage black South Africans, off whom many cannot even speak there mother tounges anymore as there parents regard it as a barbaric language.... go figure!

So my question stands... am I to an immigrant in my own country purely because I am white?

Where does that leave European black people?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The ANC is racist, in their attitudes, actions and words.

Julius Malema is NOT a loose cannon, he represents the ANCYL leadership, and speaks on their behalf. Not only is that my opinion, it was confirmed yesterday by an active ANC member that i work with.

They want the violence they are pushing for, it will be personally profitable for those at the top. It's greed, with a large side order of hatred.

What i'm still trying to get my head around is the rationalisations they use.

The party line (as presented by Malema and others) is based on communist indoctrination and training, that alone makes debate difficult.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think this page from Iafrica best illustrates how the majority of South Africans view this whole circus.

Touch me on my studio

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Anyone. ANYONE. Who would heap praise and respect on the actions of Robert Mugabe is quite frankly a lunatic, a despot in sheeps clothing, or a deranged combination of both.

When Mugabe forcibly evicted all Afrikaner and white farmers out of Zimbabwe, he ensured that one of the most prosperous and well fed countries on that continent would see over a decade of famine and increased turmoil as a result.

Why? The only reason I can think of is Racism and a perverted desire to gain "revenge" against colonials from centuries beforehand.

As a result of this, Zimbabwe is starving, cracking under inflation, and generally turning into a hell hole. The Afrikaners farmed Zimbabwe for centuries. They knew how to turn that land into a breadbasket.

Robert Mugabe decided it would be in his best interests to play the racism card and hand the land over to people who had absolutely no clue how to properly farm it. As a result, famine and drought for years.

I sincerely hope that this Malema character does not gain the support he seems to be. South Africa in the same situation as Zimbabwe currently is would be a terrifying thing, if only because they have these:

[edit on 9-4-2010 by D.E.M.]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Louwey

Malema is a complete idiot. The BBC is a world-class organisation that tries very had to be object in its reporting it is head and shoulders above most of the other news services in the West.

MalemA is a complete JACKASS.

I campaigned for Mugbe against Ian Smith then felt morally obligated to go and campaign aginst him when Zimbabwe went rapidly downhill. There is a theory Mugabe has teriary syphilis and is hence mad. This may not be true there is stronger evidence that has was a power-hungry nut job from the get-go

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Artificium

considering i said decendent of an immgrant,
i couldnt give a toss.

you may not be an immagrant but your still decended from an immgrant family to africa, even so being a minority whites still wanted saperioity over the ethnic people of the country.

i was pointing out that No imgrant or decendent of an immgrant should have the right to aparthide the org inhabitants of the country, or your saying it was right that white people did that and some still think its right?

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Yaawn...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Well The ANC was never a communist organisation. If any one had read the works of Marx and / or Lenin they could never assume the ANC was communist. The Soviet Union was communist for about three years about the time of John Read in the early 20s.

Malma is a thug and is hoping to find a safe place to flee to in ZAimbabwe. His days are numbered IMHO

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Puh-lease!! As some member on ATS signature reads ..."Get your facts straight, then you can distort them as you please"

If you wanna start throwing the "immigrant" card around, or a racial card, you should google and learn how many of the South African blacks are native, eg: Khoi and San aka Khoisan. Us white "immigrants" have just as much right as the idiot Malema to be called South Africans. As a fact we built this country and people like Malema and the ANC just take and destroy, AS THEY HAVE DONE ALL THE YEARS.

Do you live in South Africa? Have you ever been to South Africa?

Any white no matter where you are from is an enemy to Malema. You can be American, British, Aussie, European, Canadian, NZ'r etc. If you are white you are their enemy. Malema is the perfect racist.

There are good people and of course the bad ones, AND THIS COUNTS FOR ANY SKIN COLOR. Majority of white South Africans DO NOT have any issue with the black population, at all. We have a problem with blacks like Malema and Mugabe and those who follow them. Unfortunately...nah, let me say what i must, FORTUNATELY they are both black. Imagine if they were white, bloody hell! The world would have thrown sanctions against Africa, again!

[edit on 4/11/2010 by qonone]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Probhlem is chap that, as far as I can tell, Southern Africa was largely uninhabited when Whites turned up and the majority of the Blacks living there are now are more recent immigrants than the supposed White colonisers.

In fact, it is precisely because of the work the White population did in building the country in the first place that the Blacks have reached the numbers they have done. They certainly didn't outnumber the White population 100 years ago.

But hey, I guess the 4 South Africans I work with are all lying as well as the ones on this board...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

What country are you from then? Since the 1970s apartheid SA was the CIA's pawn in their cold war regional control. White people here were brainwashed to fight the Cubans in Angola for the US and the UK. Thatcher and Reagan had a policy of "constructive engagement" with apartheid SA. Aparheid made countless billions for western multinational companies, that are now being sued by the Khulumani support group for apartheid reperations.
So the smug no-nothings in the West might finally start paying up and learn the truth of their global apartheid and interventionism, and perhaps everytime one of them dies we should also cheer and say: serves them and their kids right: they voted Bush and Blair.

But we're not that daft, we can put things in perspective these days. And we have some human empathy, for people that are cruelly murdered. When it ends up like Zimbabwe, and the starving masses have nowhere further south to flee but the sea, I'm sure you'll take them in then?

PS. It's been mooted that the first to pay should be the current representatives or surviving ministries of the US religious right - possibly even their off-spring. Fallwell called our Desmond Tutu a "phony" and ceaselessly campaigned against sanctions and sought reinvestment in apartheid SA. The same goes for most ministries from that period, who produced tourist propaganda for Pretoria and openly called Mandela a communist and terrorist.
Don't be shy hypocrites, pay up pay up where-ever you are. And if that succeeds, who knows? Cough up for Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua....

[edit on 11-4-2010 by halfoldman]

[edit on 11-4-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Questions: How many of the Black run nations in Africa are not seriously messed up?
When The territory now known as South Africa was colonized by whites, how many blacks were living there and what kind of prosperous lifestyle were they living?

Seems to me that there is a good deal of anti white racism going on from blacks who did not originate from the area, and who have no clue how to run a nation without destroying the prosperity.

While the BBC may have an established history of not being impartial (Palestine for example) disallowing them to report is nonsense and only makes the South African administration look bad.

Watch as South Africa continues to disintegrate. Once the World cup is over, things could get very ugly there. Hopefully there will be no incidents during the cup.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by harryhaller

Well The ANC was never a communist organisation. If any one had read the works of Marx and / or Lenin they could never assume the ANC was communist. The Soviet Union was communist for about three years about the time of John Read in the early 20s.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Tiger5]

Curious statement. First up, i have no idea of the relevance of "John Reid"? Or the timeframe of the 20's with regards South Africa?

While technically correct, that the ANC and SACP (south african communist part) were ideologically seperated, i think you're nowhere near the truth.

The alliance between The ANC, SACP and COSATU (Congress of South African Trade Unions) has always been very tight. And only recently has the ANC run roughshod over the wishes of the "partners".

Through the 60's, 70's and 80's, while the ANC was a terrorist organisation, they had tremenous help from the USSR, who was using the African conflicts as a proxy against Washington, who supported the apartheid govt fully. Many of the struggle heroes, too many to name, were taken to Russia for training. Russia supplied arms, training, money and other support for the then exiled "freedom fighters".

I would love an inside view to what was actually taught, but it was the hardest indoctrination and best covert military training available at the time.

What is almost impossibe to define, is what effect this hard-core cold-war era training and ideas did to the "common mindset" of the ANC and partners. Rest assured that it had significant effect ... just what we're not sure.

I had a chat to a guy at work the other. Black guy late twenties, well educated and so far successful, he is a practicing ANC member. When talking, just generally about the current affairs, i couldn't help feeling a very pronounced ideological slant to the entire conversation. This is totaly subjective, but i felt a mental block on some issues that was not rational. Also a perspective that was ... not in touch with reality (?) very almost utopian, perhaps.

An example: He made a statement that SA is NOT capitalist, as according to him the majority of people are economically inactive (it is mostly fact), ergo SA is not a capitalist system (which is faulty logic). He was not able to say what it was, and shrugged off the fact that he drives a very nice car, paid for with cash, which he earned.

Another thing i noticed when talking about matrics (final year secondary school, where more than half the students nationwide are failing annually) that all the figures he quoted were for BLACK STUDENTS only (he was specific about that). When i asked him why he did that, it was because the black students were the only "real" index ... or reflection on reality.

All i can say is there are certain "basic assumptions" which we do not share. We being "whites" and "blacks" ... in very general terms.

One of these assumptions that i've noticed is this. The only true politics of Africans today is TRIBALISM. It is represented by the SACP, but practiced by just about every single black person i know. It is neither Marxism, nor Communism nor indeed anything western, except perhaps feudalism.

The Basic precepts for tribalism are as follows:

There is one leader, who shall never be challenged.
All things belong to this leader. (thats where communism appears)
He rules by force. (In Africa, unless you use force, it will be used on you.)

There is a lot more to my theory than just this, but it's been agreed to by many people here i've spoken with. I'm just annoyed that they've all read Marx and none have read Plato.

top topics

join