It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're no help at all.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hello fellow Americans. You are no help at all. You are not helping to change the country. The only ones changing the country for the worse are congress and the president, no matter what congress member or what president.

We must stop the states from being in bed with both the federal reserve and the federal government. We must stop congress from making piles of laws. We must stop presidents from being.

If you are of help, then tell me, what is it you've done to help change the country. When you get graded with a "D" in helping change the country, it's just not good enough. Just voting is doing nothing! You are not getting proposals to be voted on. You are being useless to the country which you own not. You're just a resider inner it, not an owner of it.

I think each state should also print their own money, and put it exclusively in circulation for their state, but this grand proposal can't get on any ballot so as long as the states are in bed with the federals.

What say you? Is the U.S. heloless? Are you without a will to help out in the changing faces of the country? TPTB are in control of the change that's going on, not the American people. I'm with Alternative America.

It shouldn't even have to come to a revolt if America can get well advanced proposals on ballots. Get stuff on ballots like congress can. Otherwise you are of no real help when you're just pawns in some chest game or puppets to some puppet master. Stop being a pawn! Stop being a puppet!

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hello,

Never mind what I posted above...

Must re-read OP then get back...

[edit on (4/8/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations
Hello fellow Americans. You are no help at all. You are not helping to change the country. The only ones changing the country for the worse are congress and the president, no matter what congress member or what president.

Hello,

One who acts alone gets tormented by a 6x8, if they don't get shot.

We must stop the states from being in bed with both the federal reserve and the federal government. We must stop congress from making piles of laws. We must stop presidents from being.

OK. How do you propose doing that?

If you are of help, then tell me, what is it you've done to help change the country. When you get graded with a "D" in helping change the country, it's just not good enough. Just voting is doing nothing! You are no getting proposals to be voted on. You are being useless to the country which you own not. You're just a resider inner it, not an owner of it.

Sorry, I'm confused.

I think each state should also print their own money, and put it exclusively in circulation for their state, but this grand proposal can't get on any ballot so as long as the states are in bed with the federals.

You mean Secession?

What say you? Is the U.S. heloless? Are you without a will to help out in the changing faces of the country? TPTB are in control of the change that's going on, not the American people. I'm with Alternative America.

What is "Alternative-America?"

It shouldn't even have to come to a revolt if America can get well advanced proposals on ballots. Get stuff on ballots like congress can. Otherwise you are of no real help when you're just pawns in some chest game or puppets to some puppet master. Stop being a pawn! Stop being a puppet!

You mean stop voting people into the house and senate?

[edit on 8-4-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

Dear Mr. High & Mighty, please detail exactly how much time each day you spend getting America back into shape. What are you doing? What charity programs are you part of? Political programs? Are you running for office and if not which candidates are you helping campaign for?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Before you could ever hope to sort out the country (I don't believe its even possible) you need to tend to your own affairs, while nobody has come up with a concise way to do this I can offer some ways to make your own life better and thus by proxy stop contributing to the things that make this country worse.

---

Debt - Pay off all your outstanding debt, loans, credit cards and the like. Get rid of that plastic if its not linked directly to a bank account. For the truly brave quit doing business with any bank and deal only in cash (or barter if you can) and quit supporting the flawed fractional reserve system which has put us in this current financial pickle.

Food - Start a garden in your yard, grow as much as you possibly can to offset the need to shell out to grocery stores. Learn to can and preserve the food you grow so that you reap the benefits of having a garden year round instead of just during the growing season

Prepare - Set aside a non-perishable LTS (Long Term Storage) supply of food to last you at least a month or more; Take first aid courses, build first aid kids, and put aside a few months of cash for emergencies. The less you have to rely on the government for aid when things get rough the better off you and everyone else will be.

Diversify - Don't put all your eggs in one basket, keep some of your financial investments in stable foreign currencies, precious metals and other tangibles that hold value better than a hollow paper currency like the USD.

These are by no means supposed to be the end-all-be-all of ideas to improve your quality of life, but they are some of the simpler and more straight forward points to becoming more self reliant and free of dependency.

---

Some folks have mentioned giving to charity, and while that might be a noble idea on the surface more often than not it breeds dependency rather than helping people who need it. Information and Skills are 10x more valuable than a financial handout; teach those who want to learn how to make their lives more independent and they will live happier lives than if you handed them 100k in cash.

I personally don't contribute to political programs because I don't back any party 100% and can justify giving them my hard earned money just to have it squandered and used on things I don't approve of. I would sooner contribute money to setting up a farmers market, trading faire, or seed co-op to get people out of the loop of consumption and back on the road to self reliance.

These ideas might seem like the rantings of a survivalist, and to an extent they are however think about how such steps would change your life for the better, now imagine everyone doing these things and removing themselves from the teat of the state or the federal government itself. They would be happier, a whole lot more free and likely sleep better at night knowing that if something happened they were prepared to deal with it head on rather than relying on someone else.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Nail on the head.

One of the best things you can do "to change things" is to start with yourself, your loved ones/family.

Learn to be self-sufficient in every way possible. All the things you listed there are excellent ideas.

Learn how to grow your own food, preserve it (canning, etc), eliminate all forms of personal debt, get off credit... yes... great advice.

Ranting about how "nobody is doing anything" is really not helpful at all. IF you're going to bother, at least let everyone know what YOU are doing to "make change" or it just falls flat. Meaningless banter.

WE CAN ALL EMPOWER OURSELVES!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Tormentations does a good job of dealing with the frustrations of trying to accomplish a purpose using the brute force method. No disrespect intended. Our worldview has been shaped by millennia of history and life/the system has evolved with rules and masters which do no favor the populace. Widespread information not only allows but promotes our abilities to connect-the-dots whereas in the past our view of the dots was strictly limited. I agree that conflict and struggle are activities that hamper the process of changing.

gj

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

When I was in high school in Toronto, I thought I had everything figured out in politics, and I knew the best way forward for the world. One day I called out my civics teacher in front of the whole class, and got a call home for it.

My dad, a philosophy tenured professor, sat me down that evening, lit a cigar as he liked to do, and told me, "once you think you've got it all figured out, that's the perfect time to start re-examining your conclusions. Because once you actually do start figuring things out, people will already be asking for your opinion on the matter."

He was bloody right. So if you would like to discuss your ideas, I'd be happy to share my reservations and musings on them, but don't start calling out your countrymen and blaming them for you not getting your way. You're not a prince, and besides the United States is a republic anyways.

Did you really think everyone would just snap to, say "my god he's right!" and get to it building your utopia for you? There are people far smarter and with far bigger egos than yours on this site, trust me I'm in the same boat mate.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Tormentations, unfortunately you and I know this thread will go nowhere.

There are a few reasons for this. One of those reasons is that the world that exists today makes life difficult for a majority of people to really pursue happiness. We all have too much of our own garbage to deal with before we can take on anything so much bigger than ourselves.

A second reason is that the attitude I expressed above is the first reason everyone jumps to to explain why threads like this won't yield any tangible result. I didn't even have to think for a second. I am compelled to respond to you in this way. The attitude is so ingrained within me and a number of people across the world. I have to get my own affairs in order first before I can handle an entire nation's. The job is so big that it is an inherent de-motivator. Hence nothing changes.

Take a third reason. A number of people will respond to your "snap out of it speech" with a "who the hell are you?" attitude. It doesn't matter if what you say has any logical truth behind it, if you use powerful and inspiring words. You are unfortunately, in the minds of what statistically falls under the label of everybody, a nobody. And as a nobody, your word isn't worth a darn. I wish it wasn't this way, but it is.

A 4th reason. If you and a whole bunch of other people who shared your views made a real effort to do something about it, you would be labeled a domestic terrorist. This isn't even a slippery slope type of statement. It has become logically sound to label someone with "revolutionary" ideals as a domestic terrorist. And because every one of us can play word games to make anything sound like anything else, I could make you sound like you're crazy. I could make those who agree with you sound like they're crazy. And no one wants the word "crazy" to come anywhere near their arguments because it leads to a perceived collapse, which in turn leads to an actual collapse.

-Opportunity to twist my words, leap to conclusions follows-

Now what really makes me wonder, is why domestic terrorism is such a bad thing. Were the members of the original Boston Tea Party not engaging in acts of terror? Did American soldiers not use guerrilla warfare-like tactics and shoot upon British soldiers from concealed locations as they marched by? Were not a number of Tory's and British Loyalists harassed and publicly ridiculed by citizens of the 13 colonies wanting independence from Great Britain? Shay's rebellion was an act of domestic terrorism.

Back then it wasn't called terrorism. But it operated in much the same way today's broadened definition and over-use of the term suggests. America was born from the successful usage of techniques that today would be labeled as domestic terrorism. But people seem to forget that.

So by all means Tormentations, I support your speech. I don't want to be a puppet anymore! But actually going about not being a puppet makes me stupid, annoying, crazy, and a terrorist. Can I live with that? Can you live with that?

new topics

top topics

join