It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 87
<< 84  85  86    88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
HUGE LONG EARTHQUAKE RIGHT NOW OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, that's how I react to them, and yes it JUST happened (10:11) our time. No damage but big enough it made me cry. I don't know why eearthquakes do that but they do. I'll get back to you later when it registereson one of the sites that meter EQ's.

Dang that was scary and long too...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL YOU AMERICANS! And people who are thankful everywhere!

peace

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hi
You have had about 3 so far this morning. 2.2 2.4 and 3.9. Some also in the sea around you.
Take care.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Another just moments ago - listed as a 4.0 (I'm using a new site) - Here's the link: EQ's

They're definitely getting stronger. I can't see Etna for the cloud cover - but as you said before she's been putting out a lot of 'stuff' the last two days.

Eyes open and camera ready here.

peace

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Wow, Silo, this is quite the swarm under your feet!
Thankfully, all the hypocenters seem to be between 20-33 kilometers deep--except for the initial mag 4.1. That was only 10km deep.

This page shows 18 earthquakes under Etna over the past 5 hours. It seems that she has been quiet for a while--what a way to wake up.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, and be safe!

The Italian site keeps getting overwhelmed, but I was able to grab this tremor image from 30 minutes ago.

Source
edit on 11/22/2012 by Olivine because: add info

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Thank you so much for the update. I've been outside a lot today (wonder why huh) and made a place for my animals and I to 'sleep out under the stars' - cause the ground hasbeen a shaking like crazy!

Happy Holidays to you and thank you again!

Oh, and yes, Etna is still behind clouds but if she doesn't take a peak out soon I'm going to hike up closer to her before dark - Eyes open here and camera ready!

peace

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hi

Here are a few of your quakes today.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

On the evening of 21 November 2012 after nearly 7 months, a faint glow was seen at Etna's New Southeast Crater., during the 22 November 2012, a series of earthquakes two with magnitude 3.9 occurred,
The incandescence at the New Southeast Crater is back tonight and it might be a first sign that the crater is returning to making lava fountains.
This can now be seen on Radio 7 cam 1

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Olivine

Thank you so much for the update. I've been outside a lot today (wonder why huh) and made a place for my animals and I to 'sleep out under the stars' - cause the ground hasbeen a shaking like crazy!

Happy Holidays to you and thank you again!

Oh, and yes, Etna is still behind clouds but if she doesn't take a peak out soon I'm going to hike up closer to her before dark - Eyes open here and camera ready!

peace

Hey, Dear Heart,

We appreciate your reporting . . .

however

I think most of us, if not all,

WOULD APPRECIATE IT MUCH MORE

IF YOU'D FIRST TAKE CARE OF YOUR SAFETY!

We kind of like having you and your posts around these parts.

Prayers N hugs.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Warning on the afternoon news.
5 plus EQs this morning (I'll confirm) and they're reporting Mt. Etna is 'agitated' - all signs of an imminent eruption.
So, we'll see.
And no, I'm not talking the 'End of the World' - just keeping all informed on our favorite volcano!

Added Note: I don't see 'them' listed on the sites I use yet - I'll go to the news station.

Oh, and here's what she looks like here and now...

peace

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

What a view Silo!!!!

Hope she stays calm and there is no worries the next few days.

And I wish you Happy Holidays!!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Wow,she is looking awesome with that layer of cold cloud.
Hope you don't get kept awake too much over the holidays by the rumbles!

BTW,was that a new kitten of yours in the pic you sent me?
What a little cutie!
Have a great 2013 Silo!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hi Silo
Tried to send message with picture but it failed.
So to you and all who follow here a very happy Christmas from Norfolk UK.
Here is one of my paintings for you.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Tzavros - beautiful painting - the colors are so soothing. Thank you so much. It's just lovely!

Lots of small EQ's and a more and more ash/steam/smoke today from all three of her 'mouths' I can see and more from the other side I can't see.

I've got some pics to post later after camera charges.

There was another 'Etna's agitated' warning this afternoon.

Eyes open here...

Peace to all and Merry Christmas!
edit on 25-12-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
keep safe. We all will be praying she doesn't blow her stack.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Here's that pic I (promised) and was fortunate enough to catch at sunet.

At the moment She's all but growing more quiet. I can't promise an eruption tonight but if anything She's heating up - not cooling off. Since She formed the new crater it's gone all but set things to odds trying to get a handle on what She's doing - sooooo for now, time will tell.

Peace

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That is way to scary that town right there next to the Volcano. I can't imagine sitting that close to one. However there are many towns close to many volcanoes, to me however it would be far to dangerous to want to live that close to one. Like I said before stay safe.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Just moving out of the 12th EQ today - one notably a 2.8 close in Catania.

Reports are moving in - here's one - sorry it's in Italian but you can still get the idea -

EQ's Today

Stanno aumentando leggermente le scosse di terremoto. L'ultima, infatti, è di magnitudo 2.8 ed è avvenuta alle ore 11:50:20 = EQ'a are on the rise today. The last, in fact, is a magnitude of 2.8 and occurred at 11:50:20

More since then...

Eyes open here...

peace

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There has been an explosion at the Bocca Nuova. You can once again see the glow on cam one radiostudio7
Watching.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Etna's summit craters are showing clear signs of unrest. Gas emission as still strong and pulsating from the New Southeast Crater and pressure is rising.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
At the moment the pressure is dropping . Glow still visable.

new topics

top topics

<< 84  85  86    88  89 >>

join