It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well, she has been quiet until last night. There were a series of explosions on the southwestern rim of the New Southeast Crater which lasted about ten minutes. This was followed by some smaller ash emissions. It seems to have removed a portion of the crater rim and caused an avalanche of mostly old, but still slightly hot stuff on the south flank of the cone. There was already a gap, but this has significantly widened.There is also a new vent up there The explosive ash emissions at the nearby Bocca Nova crater have ceased for the moment. So this looks like the beginning of a new chapter in Etna's activity. Perhaps the return of the monthly paroxysm?
A few small quakes again today.
Magnitude: 2.0

Time: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:57:52 GMT+01:00
GMT: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:57:52 GMT

Latitude: 37° 7' 11" N (37.1200°)
Longitude: 14° 34' 47" E (14.5800°)
Depth: 21.0 km

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Bigger quake this morning.
Magnitude: 4.6

Time: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 00:12:15 GMT+01:00
GMT: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 23:12:15 GMT

Latitude: 38° 10' 48" N (38.1800°)
Longitude: 15° 55' 12" E (15.9200°)
Depth: 45.0 km

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I have to tell you thank you for keeping this going - really - and hugs - on the other hand I shouldn't be here reading it! I don't get to go home until the 4th and I'm DYING to get home - really. Then when I see my lovely Etna doing these things it makes it even harder to be away.

I will be talking to my 'homies' there this morning and will ask what was felt or not. Right now for me it's 0700 California time - so that makes it what? About 1500 hours at home. Yeah, good time to call.

I also read this morning there's supposed to be a LOT of bad weather coming out of this weekend. Ouchy. They better not close the airport! LOL.

Take care all and stay safe!

peace

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Good morning
Nice to hear from you.
I was speaking to Turi this morning. You have wonderful blue skys at the moment. He is waiting for some of my nice storms to move in. Etna looks best photographed with stormy skies

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Here is the Costa-Rica quake recorded by Etna.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Unreal! She 'felt' it huh?

Me? I'm feeling it too - not the Costa-quake, but our Etna. SO good to be home. Rough trip all the way around but I'm back on watch now and feeling much better. So, if she's gonna blow now? Now's the time to do it.

Note to all of those who don't know me: I love Etna. I love her power and her beauty. I've been separated from her for the first time in almost 15 years and I hated being away. Does that mean I want her to explode? No. To hurt people and the land and animals? No. Not at all. But - if she does blow? I'd rather be right here beside her than half way around the world. So, if there is a little piece of me that wants to see her blow? At least I'm here to suffer the consequences right along with her spectacular show.

At the moment she's hiding - the 'new mouth' is pushing out the garbage just like before I left. I tell ya, I don't like that new 'mouth'... From you Tzavros I learned there was a landslide. I'd hoped it would cover up the new area. Oh well.

So, here I am and there you all are and it's good to be home.

Home

peace

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Great to have you back again

She could do something at anytime. We just have to keep watching.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Guatemala volcano erupts outside tourist center, officials order 33,000 evacuated

ESCUINTLA, Guatemala — A long-simmering volcano exploded with a series of powerful eruptions outside one of Guatemala’s most famous tourist attractions on Thursday, hurling thick clouds of ash nearly two miles (three kilometers) high, spewing rivers of lava down its flanks and prompting evacuation orders for more than 33,000 people from surrounding communities.
www.washingtonpost.com... 0a0a93f8eb_story.html

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Hi Hi! Nice to see you here participating in the Etna thread. I wanted to point out though the Earthquake Watch 2012 can be found at the link provided. You might want to re=post this information there.

And between now and then, again, nice to see you here and you're welcome any time of course - but your info might be better suited for the other thread.

peace

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
She is having a little play tonight.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Yes, sneaky quiet about it too! Yesterday afternoon she was putting out a lot of 'junk' but it's so hard to tell when she's going to do anything now (on a small scale) since the addition of the 'new' mouth.

This morning all is back to playing coy. I'll snap a pic if I can.

Not a great shot - so - turned it into a 'painting' - enjoy.

peace
edit on 5-10-2012 by silo13 because: pic add

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Lovely picture.
Some news.
The Italian newspapers confirm the new activity on Mount Etna. Last night was intracrateric strombolian activity. The Repubblica for Palermo indicates that “Etna started again its eruptive activity 3 months after the beginning of the previous one on July 5th. A lava flow is coming out of Bocca Nuova… and a gas plume can be seen from a long distance away.” I don't know whether lava is flowing inside or outside Bocca Nuova. I did see a very small lava flow on the flanks of the volcano that lasted only about an hour.

There is a new webcam that allows you to see inside Bocca Nuova:That is Camera 3 on the top row

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Seems to me this is happening on the opposite side where I am? I'm just not seeing anything on this side.
I'll take a look at the new cam and thank you for posting the link to it!
Eyes wide open here and camera ready.
Have a great weekend.

peace

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Inside the Bocca Nuova

Nice explosion.

edit on 6-10-2012 by Tzavros because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
There was a 5+ EQ close to Etna in Calabria.
She's been belching gunk (how's that for scientific) for days - but nothing substantial.
Still - you find me here eyes wide open!

peace to you all

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Here She is from this morning and this blanket of snow? I think this time it's going to stick.

peace

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'm hearing reports that behind all those clouds surrounding her at the moment - she's going off.
I'm in hopes to hear from Tzavros - while I'm looking for more info.
Be back with an update!

peace

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That last photo with the snow is a real beauty.

Stay safe Silo,and I hope you get some more great pics.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

She's smoking lots but ok at the moment. Lots of small quakes though. Love your pic

new topics

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join