It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Anything??

Me.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Very sad day for our friends in Italy.

Following the earthquake that hit the provinces of Ferrara, Modena and Mantua, the Head of Civil Protection Department has met in permanent session, the Operational Committee at the headquarters of Via Vitorchiano in Rome. In videoconferencing, the structures of civil protection of the Emilia-Romagna and Friuli Venezia-Giulia, representing the Regions and Autonomous Provinces.
An evaluation team of the Department is party to the affected areas to assess the situation in connection with operations centers activated at the local level and to ensure the necessary support of the National Service. The Head of Department, the Director of Emergency and the Director of the Seismic Risk are reaching the places affected by the events. After a flight over the area, the Head of Department will travel to the prefectures of Ferrara and Modena to establish, in close collaboration with the region and local authorities, possible measures to be taken.

This is the chart from Etna

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Good morning all

There have been several small quakes over the last two days. This morning she has begun venting Gases and vapours. Webicoder has a small shake on it. Will need to watch for the rest of the day.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

I was thinking about you earlier while working in the gardens and watching the 'plumes of white' wondering to myself, 'I wonder what Tzavros has to say about that!'...

Then - moments ago there was a huge rumble and groan from Etna's general direction but with the cloud cover, rain and stormy skies? Probably just that - thunder.

Not to say I'm not watching out and have one eye on Etna! Of course I do - but I've also got my earphones in listen to this:

So - depending on where I am and what SHE does? I'll probably have to check here first!

Peace

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Several small quakes again today. Example.
Magnitude: 2.6

Time: Mon, 28 May 2012 17:13:29 GMT+01:00
GMT: Mon, 28 May 2012 16:13:29 GMT

Latitude: 38° 22' 48" N (38.3800°)
Longitude: 15° 24' 35" E (15.4100°)
Depth: 112.0 km
She is stable for the moment but lots of gas/ash was sent up. Will lot at the cams once it is dark to see if there is any glow.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

i know im not supposed too ask,,
i hope im not being rude,,
could u and Silo,
take a look at this
data.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Topic: Worsening Weather, Earthquakes, Vortices,

Vortices,,this one.

thnks.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Secrets of Volcano Lightning Probed

Etna's quietly puffing away - finally free of snow. Putting out some steam and ash. I'm really surprised more didn't happen in May. Really surprised.

Well anyway - that's what she's there for it to keep us all guessing huh!

Along with this update on the the ol' Girl I added the above link just for those curious (as I am) about lightening around eruptions!

Happy June All!

And Bob - I'll go to that link ASAP!

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

i appologize
my mistake,
for wasting your time.
sorry.
I hope everything finds you well.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Very ugly looking this morning. A black haze in her direction. Looks like the new crater is acting up even more than yesterday. Off to check RSOE etc for EQ activity. If this is a brew up or not, I'm not sure of course, but it isn't pretty whatever it is.

peace and a good week to you all

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

2012-06-04 05:20:10 2.1 12 Km
2012-06-03 01:05:41 3.1 10 Km

one a day is ok

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Lots of EQ's in Agrigento - (south west of Etna) - they've got people really shook up, no pun intended. I wonder if the spat of shaking will effect Etna?

link to map

Here's a link to the EQ's - In Italian - but you can get the gist of it.

See here

Eyes open here all day.

peace
edit on 9-6-2012 by silo13 because: add map

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Thnks Silo,13
, came in handy i think,, u always had excellente' timming

ohh ya everywhere' is rummbling,,everywhere,,

but u did only have one or two small,,medium,depth,,Quakes ,,in last couple days right?
and Tsavrous?
edit on 9-6-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Directly here yes only a few small ones. Agrigento area larger EQ's and more frequent. I can't help but wonder what's going on 'down there' underground that could/might/will (or will not) have an effect on Etna.

Tzavros - I haven't heard from her in a bit. I hope all is well with her and her family.

Have a great weekend Bob!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Hi all
I am fine, had a small fire at my house but managed to get it all under control before the firebrigade arrived. House still smells but I still have a house and family so very happy.
Etna... Well what can I say. There have been quakes for over a week. Several strombolli events etc. Presure is rising again today so I am watching.

Take care all

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Shes calming down again. I do wonder what is going on under her.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

I'm so glad you are ok!

Forgive me for not asking more about your incident but something very strange is going on at the moment. I thought Etna was exploding. She isn't. There was some real 'bomb' like sounds. Almost like a fighter jet - but no jet. But I got some very strange - I repeat very strange 'trails' like bombs coming up from the ocean (2).

I wonder if Sigonella is putting on a display? Whatever it is it's weird. I have pics and vids I'll post when the event is over.

Between now and then I really hope you are through the worst part Tzavros. Now I've got to run back out for pics, etc. The noise is still going on.

peace

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Wow!! Can't wait to see this.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Looks like some lava flow this morning - not sure when it started - the whole side of the mountain is a blueish haze. Nothing dramatic. This new 'vent' is just ugly.

peace

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Nice EQ right at midnight and another just 3 mins ago at 00:13 - I'm off to check RSOE and 'official' sites (for EQ's) but for now things are rocking and rolling here near Etna...

Tzavros? Any news?

Etna - at the moment - is putting out steam/ash like she has been all day but nothing 'spectacular' or anything more than what's 'normal' for the last few days...

peace

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

watch for crazy fireflies
,,with smokey tails

pretty much North to South,
hip too toe,,active, but managable one hopes,, old guy,, has been around for quite some time,, lol,, ya etna's a girl lol

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join