It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Very interesting and very scary as well as i have family living directly opposite Mt Etna! The fact that animals are sensetive to tremors around the volcano is not unusal. they have a more hightened sense of awareness then humans. The native american indians used to be connected to the animal world and used to interperet their actions as signs.

I wonder what they would make of the Ants moving their eggs!

Personally its such a mad catch 22 to be in....do you pack up and ship out or stick around and watch her pop her cork???

personal i would be outta there...but id leave my cam rolling to capture the erruption..

Whatever happens good luck and my prayers are with you as they are with my family.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Always listen to what others are telling you even if that includes ants. Ants will not simply leave their nests expose their young larvae unless there was something going on in which they feel threatened. Ants are very very sensitive when it comes to earth movements, they have to be otherwise they cant build their nests and having nests that constantly cave in dosent go to well in building an ant empire. So if the ants are moving out that means theres is low rumbling going on beneath the earth that they can feel and they dont like it one bit. If I was you I pack everything u need in a suitcase and just be ready in case you do need to run for your life.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Always listen to what others are telling you even if that includes ants.

Oh, I agree 101% - Problem is, I need a translator! (Anyone out there an Ant Linguist)?

All joking aside I checked them out again today (more than once) and the migration is still going on - I can almost hear the sound of their little marching feet as I type. I also took a reallllly close look and there are more than one type doing this 'egg moving'.

I've asked around here (not as easy as it might sound) and I've not gotten a lot a feedback yet. Mostly I'm just getting that 'look' - the one that says 'She's really a nut job but what can we do?'

So, there's more than one type moving about - and all I found on the internet was that Ants Don't Sleep. Ever. Gawd how depressing is that.

On topic of Etna and her goings?
Clouded over just as I got new batteries in my camera.
So, I'll keep trying to get something to post here in picture form - ASAP.

Thanks for the feedback folks!

peace

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by misfitoy

Holy Cow (Frog)! That is just so disgusting - your car slipping around on the raod cause of frog bodies. Oh hell, I think I gagged a bit.

BUT! That's the kind of thing I think is going on here with the Ants!

I tell ya though, I see ONE frog and I'm outta here! (I've only ever seen two frogs in all the 12 years I've been here so yes, it would be quite an event for me)

Thanks TONS for your post and your links!

peace

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
[edit on 7-5-2010 by Gary7MediaTerrorist]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

~ UPDATE ~ She's at it again! ~

Etna's been grumbling all day but this evening - right before it was almost too dark to take pictures she got down (or up) to business!
And it's getting worse...
Of course you can't tell that in the pictures thanks to two things - a crummy camera and a streetlight between me and Etna - BUT - I'll tell you - what she's putting out now is just pitch black!
I'm sure tomorrow everything will be covered in Etna 'belch'...

Enjoy! (Not great but up to the minute and better than nothing)...

These both taken about 15 minutes ago - it's now 21.15 Sicilian time.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8938f4935a0c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1b5bd419d470.jpg[/atsimg]

peace

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thanks for the Update and the almost live pictures!!!!! Please keep safe!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Are there any local news updates you could pass on (translated if possible)?

I'd guess they'll be amongst the first to get any scientific announcements about the nature of observations - which I'm sure they'll be making?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
She's at it again.
Woke up to some rumbling.
This is it so far, but, more to come I'm sure.

Sorry again about the quality of pics.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce552075892b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74a44a1a7226.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6e64b3dba1d.jpg[/atsimg]

peace

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
All I can say is i hope she dont and this is the exception that breaks the rule of the sisters.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Nice view to wake up to this morning!
I'll keep and eye on Her today just in case she get's even more active...
Sorry again about the picture quality! Someday I'll get a better camera!

ENJOY!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07126cac8a2c.jpg[/atsimg]

peace

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Since the 22nd of this last December Etna’s been steadily more active, ‘puffing’ out more ash and steam, smoke and sand. There’ve been earth tremors and distant ‘booms’ felt and heard from her in the distance.

Last night, she gently blew (if a volcano can do anything gently) and now we’ve got magma flow.

She looks calm this morning, but that’s this morning.

Here’s a pic from just a few minutes ago and a great video from last night. (Pic is mine, vid is not).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/416f222dd27a.jpg[/atsimg]

Enjoy - and as always, I’ll keep you posted!

peace

edit on 13-1-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
People, calm down (in reference to other threads on ATS about Etna) - She’s really not doing anything that’s not ordinary for her.

Very quiet today and very calm - just a little lava bleeding off.

Still beautiful though!

peace

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
People, calm down (in reference to other threads on ATS about Etna) - She’s really not doing anything that’s not ordinary for her.

Very quiet today and very calm - just a little lava bleeding off.

Still beautiful though!

peace

I respect this opinion, thank you. Reading through this this thread puts some perspective on this particular Volcano and volcano's in general.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

Reading through this this thread puts some perspective on this particular Volcano...

I can't speak (and I will not) for other Volcano's but Etna? I'm with her every day. I wake up to her and She's the last thing I take a peak at before I go to bed. I love her dearly.

That being said, sure, She's not up to much more than usual at the moment... Like I said on another thread - it must be a really slow news day. So find comfort in that people...

On an added note though: She also reminds me of what Steven King wrote about John K. in the "Green Mile". Something along the lines of - Sure, you can love it, make it a part of the family even, but never, even turn your back on it, cause some day, it'll turn on you...' (rough translation)...

Well, so be it. I love Her - and - I respect Her. The day She realllly blows (which will not be today I can assure you), well, I'll be doing what I love most... weeding the beans and watching her go 'KAPLOOEY!'
End of weeding, lol.
peace

edit on 13-1-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Like the one who was really,really happy to watch Yellowstone going BOOM right before his Eyes in the "2012" Movie?

Yeah,something like that would be Nice to watch

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
OK, so maybe I was wrong, lol. Maybe we should be keeping a closer eye on Her. I mean she just went: (And I quote)

BA-BOOM!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f0da2e37cc2.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55bfa31d3d7c.jpg[/atsimg]

Can’t see her top for the clouds but all that ash is from only 3 minutes ago!

peace

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Yep,
Saw the venting on the Etna cams.

Nice pics btw Silo
I only hope for you and all people around there it won't get worse with the old lady.
Stay safe.

Nid

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Silo, it looks like you're really close. How do you feel about having a volcano in your back yard? Don't it worry you just a little? It is pretty but nothing's pretty about pyroclastic flows.
And do you think all the crazy stuff going on in the world lately- what with the birds and fish just dropping dead and the floods in Austrailia & Brazil and now, just today, the 7. earthquake-
is just nature's business as usual or really signs of the times?
I mean like the End of Times.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I saw the other thread yesterday, so I emailed them. Here is the response:

Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 1:04 AM
To: Facelift
Subject: Re: IS MT. Etna erupting right now..?

hi
the web cams are current...no italian tricks!
Etna erupted this night for a few hours. The most impressing views were from web cam 5, with the city lights of Catania in the foreground.
at the moment lady Etna is asleep again.

ciao and enjoy watching
Lara

ciao and enjoy looking
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 12:14 AM
Subject: IS MT. Etna erupting right now..?

If so, stay safe..!

In the States and can’t tell if your web cams are current...

So there - no Italian tricks and all are well.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join