It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Yes, Boris Bhenke confirmed this morning and this afternoon/evening lava is from the new SE vent

I am keeping an eye on Eriks website for updates from Dr Boris too.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Latest from the cams.

Tremore is still rising at about 7
Still a way to go.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just had some news. I will investgate this further later.
The volcano that may have given rise to the legend of Atlantis has awakened, researchers say.

The cataclysmic eruptions at the Greek isle of Santorini about 3,600 years ago that spewed forth about 9.5 to 14.3 cubic miles (40 to 60 cubic kilometers) of lava devastated the ancient seafaring Minoan civilization, potentially inspiring the legend of the lost city of Atlantis. From the air, the resulting caldera, or volcanic crater, appears as a small cluster within the larger collection of Greek islands in the Aegean Sea.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There She blows!!!

Back with pics in a bit...

Very quiet this time - not any ash to speak of at all... Nice change...

peace

edit on 23-4-2012 by silo13 because: ugh spelling

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Just go to Cam 5 Very different.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Sp far little ash, little noise, nice light show...

peace

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Latest from the cams.

Just spoken to Turi Caggegi journalist, Sicily. He is now reporting it and tweeting which is good.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Nice little 'tourist' or 'holiday' eruption. Pretty pictures, a little noise, no ash, and not so dramatic to scare anyone off.

Beautiful Girl tonight!

enjoy

peace

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That's a pretty one:]

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What a gorgeous photo Silo!

I am watching

Camera 5 www.guide-etna.com...

and of course www.radiostudio7.it...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Not much noise... Have to wait for Tzavros to ask if Etna is calming or still working herself up.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm afraid she is still going up. After all this time Tremore has only reached 11. Remember that at finish she usually gets to 150.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Just had some news. I will investgate this further later.
The volcano that may have given rise to the legend of Atlantis has awakened, researchers say.

The cataclysmic eruptions at the Greek isle of Santorini about 3,600 years ago that spewed forth about 9.5 to 14.3 cubic miles (40 to 60 cubic kilometers) of lava devastated the ancient seafaring Minoan civilization, potentially inspiring the legend of the lost city of Atlantis. From the air, the resulting caldera, or volcanic crater, appears as a small cluster within the larger collection of Greek islands in the Aegean Sea.

Extremely interesting info. Looking forward to hearing more.

Emphasis on extremely and interesting...

Kind of a kick in the gut too... Between Africa, Mexico, IceLand, Etna and now the one you're bringing to our attention? Wow...

peace

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

I'm afraid she is still going up. After all this time Tremore has only reached 11. Remember that at finish she usually gets to 150.

Good to know - thank you. I'll keep my sneakers on. She's just SO QUIET. And as I said, not much ash so it's a little difficult to get a feel.

Eyes open here...

Thank you again!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Wow, stunning pictures Silo, absolutley breathtaking. Wish I had a view like that (so long as it stayed like that and didn't get up and eat me one day)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Good grief that looks like mount doom from lord of the rings!
Totally awesome.

Looks like a portal to another world,you can sort of see where our ancestors got their ideas from in days gone by.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Still quiet...
No ash...

Very nice 'Holiday' eruption - which I bet we'll see more of in May!

Enjoy!

Added Note

reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Yeah, I start thinking all 'cave woman' when I'm 'out there' - no joke. Knees shake... I keep smelling the air (I've 'smelt' something foul from her only once) and I wonder when the earth is gonna open up and swallow me whole, lol. I blame the 'blur' photos on my lack of tripod. *wink*

peace
edit on 23-4-2012 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Stargate

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Just in from Turi
right now Tremore is increasing strombolian activity is started. Waiting for lava fountains.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Just in from Turi
right now Tremore is increasing strombolian activity is started. Waiting for lava fountains.

Ok, I'll go look - it's overcast and a little rain here so tough to see - and very very quiet.
I feel like she might be sneaking up on us!

I'll be back if anything's changed - if not - it will be a bit...

Edit to Add: Definitely getting louder - constant 'booming'. I was thinking of taking a video but too many dogs barking to hear. No noticeable 'fountains' yet or ash beyond burn off. Still keeping my sneakers on though.

edit on 23-4-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join