It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo, Have you bought a good, really good gas mask for you, and anyone (animals included) that live with you????

Be careful breathing that stuff in, it can ruin you and your puppy's lungs.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

It's not so much the immediate future I'm concerned about (this week) but in the next few weeks. This guy was sooo right about EQ's in other areas.

And he's comparing it to the earthquake of 1908

Thanks so much -

peace

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo WE NEED U SAFE sorry felt very strong about that ergo had to shout!!!!!!!!!

Do what it takes to keep safe. I am worried about the after effects of a 7.5 when resources are few and far from reaching you by world disaster teams which includes Red Cross. Wish I could send you a case of can goods!!!!!! Sorry no money otherwise parcel would have been posted!!!! It would include Luci food and a few flies for your green lady!!!!
pls keep us in the loop!!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Wonderful advice OfHumanDecent, but Silos remote location means she must use the Internet for buying not locally sourced! I did not know they made Gas Mask for animals so I had a look on the net and found these links.....

Gas Mask used in WWII for Horses

Gas Mask for Dogs again WWII

Looking at the Dog gas mask Link I was amazed to see a German Shepard with one without fighting it... My Kai Doggie would have that in pieces LOL....

So I would say if time was critical and there is not enough time to train a pet to wear a mask without destroying it and keeping it on in an effective way there is this as a solution....

How to keep pets safe without Gas Masks

Unfortunately the cost is beyond my reach but its nice to see there are solutions for those who could afford them.

Silo you are in my prayers! Keep the faith and try not to worry too much but enough to be aware n on your toes.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I was thinking the same thing......Silo should sell those to National Geo, those are some pictures.

Have to wonder how bad the ashfall is?
edit on 20-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Silo...what's happening? Been repeorted on Erik Klemettis site that Etnas gowing again?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Hi
Just for info since yesterday evening there have been a few small quakes and sporadic ash emissions. These have been small. This is usually a sign that the next episode is starting. Remember, this stage can take up to two days. It has only been 10 days since the last one. Starting to get a little more frequent than last year.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Morning Tzavros!

This
"Renato Rio 2 comments collapsed Collapse Expand
Etna: Strombolian activity starting on new SE crater."

Fom here
www.wired.com...

Adjust to show latest posting first in drop down menue. There is a piccy too

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I liked the comment by Mark, It looks like the tremor at Etna is climbing rapidly, or maybe not. That is the trouble with her, I'm going..no I'm not
This rise was hot gas being released to the surface. If the gas is about 800° C hot, it heats the rocks at the vent to incandescence and you can actually see this on the cams at night. Ash and steam are also ejected. I could.'t see the incandescence last night though. It looks like Popo is doing the same thing which is worrying. I haven't studied her but incandescence in Etna is usually a sign of near eruption.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

That's what mt popo is doing now. I wondered about that! I thought if anything you would see a yellow, orange glow, but it's not! It's white. Thanks to you I now know....lol

Here's a link to mt popo if anyone hasn't gotten the 50,000 before this post....lol

www.cenapred.unam.mx...

May I ask how much it worries you? And... How many do you think they would have to evacuate?

Thanks again for the schoolin...very cool info

edit on 22-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Hi Hi - I just came in to see what the news was here. Yesterday and today - as Tzavros said She's been active - and yes, it seems to be Her way of gearing up for a blow. I've had me camera ready all day.

Now to look up who this Erik guy is!

Thanks! Have a GREAT Sunday!

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Here She is from a few minutes ago - let's hope she stays this way!

I have to admit I'm on edge due to the prediction of the 'big one' hitting this area... And, after our Etna reacted to the EQ's in Indonesia? It makes me wonder what Her ties might be with the Volcano in Mexico...

Interesting times yes?

peace

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I think the Popo cam will show white all the time because of the distance of the camera from her and night time is black and white only. But there is a reflective glow a lot of the time. Trouble is I have not studied her and each volcano can act differently. A glow on Etna usually means eruption within 2 days but she can calm down again and it will be another week or two before the lava fountaining. With other volcanos this can take longer, sometimes months and instead of erupting they calm down again then it might be years before the final phase. The webicoder for Popo is raised as is the gas. Basically, I don't know

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
"Boris Behncke 1 comment collapsed Collapse Expand
The small, slow lava flow that descended this morning from a vent on the southeast flank of the New Southeast Crater cone of Etna stopped during the forenoon. Since approximately one hour, a new lava flow is slowly advancing on the same path as the earlier one. There is no sign of explosive activity, and the volcanic tremor is fluctuating at low levels. "

www.wired.com...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Sent you an email. Got home now. She has been showing signs all day and 2 hours ago Tremore started to rise. I will post again in a minute.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hi all

To show the climb since this morning.

And from radiostudio7

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

It's Dr, Boris' picture of the lava flow

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Thank you - It's overcast and getting into the twilight hours - but - the clouds surround her are turning that ugly orange that means she's putting out more than just steam.

Eyes open here and once again thank you so much for gardening our back!

peace

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Just keep an eye out but don't go to close, she is doing things in a different order this time. She has had a bit of activity over the last two days and unusual lava flow first thing this morning. The lava should come after the explosion not before. I wonder if this is from your new vent. Cover the animals and plants just in case of ash fall. I am hopeing the lava flow this morning has let some of the pressure out.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Latest from the cams.
Lava is showing as darkness falls.

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join