It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
We posted at the same time - see above.

She's without a doubt 'on'.

I'll go check the cams.

Can you see what side the lava is on?

I suppose I'll be able to answer that for myself.

Be back...

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Tzavros and Silo13, thanks for keeping us updated on Etna. I hope you both stay safe. The volcano looks scary in these recent pics.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Hi Olivine
Only Silo needs to be safe I am in Uk. Thanks for the images.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thank you all for the updates/links on Etna -
After seeing the Etna cam response to the Turkey quake -
I'm not surprised that it's blowing.
And - yes - everyone stay safe.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

She's going quick tonight, already going into the boom phase and lava is overflowing

Can you hear her yet?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Before the quake she was fine, not one sign she would go up until that trace. Makes you think really, what else has been affected?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Creepy photos is right!

I can't see much but the photos are just - ewww!

peace

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Before the quake she was fine, not one sign she would go up until that trace. Makes you think really, what else has been affected?

I swallowed hard and made a little 'eek' sound over this question. Just so unusual for her as you of all people know.

I guess we'll just hang on tight and see!

Added note: She's getting much louder.

edit on 23-10-2011 by silo13 because: see note above

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

She is in the boom stage, just hope it is short. There should be on big one, thunder and hopefully she will drop again.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Still going up at 95.
Latest thermal. Getting hard to get the data, site keeps going down.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hi Guys,
I had been up since 5am....work. Got back home to find out Turkey had not long happened, and that TZ had posted it's effect here it Etna......I then promptly fell asleep because I had not slept much last night....and I wake up to this!!!!!
Crickey, first,,,obviously stay safe Gracie.
Second you have both already mentioned what was my first impression immediately after the Turkey quake....and here we have the proof as far as I am concerned!
Oh, goodness, Turkey could have a knock on effect to so many places in the world. Personally I have felt that so many volcanoes all over the world are beginning to rumble, inflate etc....my friend said last noght....what are the chances of them all going off at once eh?......or at least in a chain reaction as there are so many of them in a precarious situation just now. Just my feeling, and I know I can say what I feel safely on your thread Silo.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Whether the experts will concider it proof is another matter. You can see on the trace I posted no activity with Etna. She shouldn't be going off. I do know that I have been monitoring for the last week because I could see activity, slightly different to normal in how I usually know she will erupt. EQs going back and forth over her line but not reachin her. Heading for Greece Turkey. I wish I had said something.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Latest charts. Still climbing.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Throwing lava bombs.
Still rising at 125

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Getting really loud now! I'm going out to look again.

It's still raining... Or is that ash?

I'll let you know.

BRB

Edit to Add

Wow... LOTS of lava and lava bombs and fallout. And She sound very 'off'. Not at all like her usual sound. She's doing this, well, it's like one long uninterrupted moan punctuated with the lava bombs.

I'll try to catch the sound on vid.
edit on 23-10-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The flow showing on Cam 5

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Tzavros, is this episode longer than normal? I see the volcanic tremor reading is up to 130. Etna doesn't seem to be quieting yet.
Silo, this city (from Cam 5) looks so peaceful, are the residents sleeping while these fireworks go off in the background? Or are people awake and ready to evacuate?

ETA: Oops, I posted the same pic as you Tzavros. Ah well, it's incredibly beautiful and worth a second look.

edit on 10/23/2011 by Olivine because: edited to add additional info

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ok, I'm going to have to stop posting these night pics. My poor little camera just can't handle it.
This pic is SO misleading!

I mean the mountain is just lit up like every light in the sky is on and lava is everywhere on this side of the slope. And those lava bombs are incredible!

I don't see her slowing down at all...not right now.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

The first in this years eruptions were long, the last 2 only 30 minutes, but she is still climbing. One did get to 160 and up. The lava flow is strange tonight, flows then cools rapidlly. Up to 139 now.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Silo, this city (from Cam 5) looks so peaceful, are the residents sleeping while these fireworks go off in the background? Or are people awake and ready to evacuate?

Yeah that's about it - life going on around Etna. And no, no evac.

I believe we're at what eruption number 17 Tzavros? And that's just in the last few months or so. People are pretty complacent at this point. Unless you're a tourist or like me - I've got her in my backyard and can't keep my eyes off Her.

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join