It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hey Silo, I signed up a few months back. But I just wanted to say, before I signed up this thread was bookmarked and every response you have made to this thread is fascinating. You stay safe there and keep posting them quality photos!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

She knows I am at home and watching her. Activity is very strange this week, silently blowing. Some stats high and some the lowest I have ever seen. Your pic is as usual amazing. She will wait until my back is turned then do something.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

Welcome Renegade! Great having you aboard.

I heard something today I've never heard before. In the 'dialect' here an old guy was telling another (in front of the butcher shop) to 'listen to that new rooster of his.' It's not just any rooster but a type here named 'Tatino'. Anyway - he said something about if be crows at noon to watch out for Etna. I feel like I should put a baby monitor in my chicken house now! LOL

Nice to see you, thanks for the positive feedback - I appreciate it very much.

peace

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Activity is very strange this week, silently blowing

Agreed. It's unsettling. And now this talk about listening for roosters. I'd laugh but it really isn't funny. Than again what it might be is She is finally settling down a bit and after what - 16 eruptions - her going back to take a nap is making people nervous.

Then again I can remember last year around the time of the castagnia (chestnuts as you know) there was a LOT of ash fall. So maybe She's not through with us yet.

From my computer to yours with respect,
gracie

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I wasn't going to share these - I took them with ATS in mind but the colors were just so ‘off‘ compared to the real thing.

Anyway, the pic with the moon? A morning shot from a few days ago.

The other? A Sunset at night...

Enjoy.

peace

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Just look at Etna's trace! Wonder if she picked up that 7.4 Kermadec

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Whoa! What's up with that! :O
Is your time stamp correct? I know mines not. I should have asked you this ages ago I know - it keeps slipping my mind.

Everything looks ok outside... Just sayin...

*EYES OPEN*

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Time stamp? I am a hour different to you is that what you mean? I am going to watch her for the next hour because there is a rise but only up to her normal level. She had dropped below for this whole week.
She is just a mystery. I think that's why I love her.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
According to here
www.wired.com...
It's dropping again...so could have just been Kermadec....whatever...the Kermadec one is sending out waves which could trigger off anything!
Isn't it the antipode of Canaries/Etna more or less?
Off the check my antipode map!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I don't think it has triggered her she has just picked up the trace. I am waiting for hubby to arrive home so I will be up for a while yet. Have to wait to see if PuterMan is correct and this was a sixshock. Instead of watching Gee I think I might watch Etna's charts for a while.
But I should have looked at Stromboli first. She's having a nice little episode right now.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Tzavros because: added a line

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I know I am going to regret asking this....but what is this GEE that everyone is going on about?
Don't worry about a link, I probably wouldn't know what I would be looking at anyhow!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

It is fun. Some kind member has posted instructions for use here somewhere. The first few times I used it I was on the wrong line and had some very funny results. If I think there is a swarm somewhere or a big EQ I will find the nearest station and watch it. I am still an utter beginner with it though and get very excited if a lorry goes past

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Yes, someone did mention those darn truckers...but over in India, on Jon's blogg as it so happens!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Here is Etna's trace of the EQ in Turkey

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Very interesting to see her read out on the Turkey quake! WOW!

I've not seen or heard her doing anything because of the rain and overcast clouds but we are sure getting hit with a LOT of ash/sand 'rain-ah'...

Once again the storm is blanketing what She's doing but I see you're right on top of it!

Maybe She's paying tribute to your Marco Simoncelli who died today in the MotoGP crash.

As I'm typing I'm hearing some noise, but, it's hard to tell if it's Etna or no.

Ciao!

edit on 23-10-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That was terrable about Simoncelli.
Etna seems ok at the moment. All her stats shot up when the quake hit but she seems fine now. Got everthing running on her just in case. I am back to work tomorrow so then she might start to play up.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I now have a small show of lava. Will keep you updated.
Oh I just don't believe this. Stats have risen a little and lava is showing on Cam2 top row and Cam6
I really think she got knocked so we could have an eruption.
edit on 23-10-2011 by Tzavros because: Added links

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Going into full eruption now. This will be the 17th paroxysmal eruptive episode.
Perhaps we have an example the large eq can cause eruption.

edit on 23-10-2011 by Tzavros because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I just took a walk 'out back' - I can't see her but I can sure hear her. Whatever the stats are saying - She's crying for our 'loss' today for sure. A lot of fallout also - not as bad as earlier though - thanks to the wind - but sorry for the ones who are on the receiving end now!

peace

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

I am missing the new post button so I will just keep replying to me

I fear we might see some fireworks with this. I do hope not.
At the moment the Tremore vulcanico is only up to 9. Remember when she goes into the explosive stage she should be over 100. Hopefully it will only last 30 minutes and not throw out too much ash.
Silo? Are you still there? I wondered if you could see something yet or still in cloud.

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join