It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It's hard to say if She's waking up just to turn back over and go to sleep, or no.
Starting around 0830 local time She started waking and now's making noise, regularly, but, hardly any ash at all and no lava trails I can see.
The air is very dense, the ash, what little there is hangs low dropping right off from the top to settle at her feet.
No tremors (that i can feel) but action, yes.

peace

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
She's going up.
I forgot we can upload pics. The stats are going up. From 3 to 9 on Tremore vulcanico which is quite a large rise. More movement on the webicoder as well and a rise in heat around the crater. Get the camera ready.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Tzavros because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The noise is getting louder. I'm feeling the 'shaking'.
Could it be the lava and ash is falling on her 'other' side?
I can't see a thing here with the cloud cover but mercy there's no doubt what's happening.

Edit to Add: I've the camera ready - will upload when Media is fixed.

For now it's a waiting game.

I hope this isn't why my iguana ran away from home, lol!
[
edit on 19-9-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Can't see any lava at all. Just the smoke

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

The ash is hanging VERY low - rolling right down the side onto the foothills.

Yet, from the way She sounds? I wonder if She's erupting on the far side???

Her voice is 'different' and I can't see but the ash fall - nothing 'spouting up' into the air.

On a strange note: My dog and bird are getting very agitated. My cat's been hiding in a chicken nest all day and like I stated before my iguana ran away from home yesterday. I've had her almost 4 years and she's never left her terrace before. Hmmm... Makes ya think huh?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
HI everyone, I'm Tz's daughter, she has asked me to pass on a message for her as she is out and can't log on for a while.

"Mum says....Stats are still climbing rapidly, She will go soon, and no lava yet on the thermals."

Thanks all, and hope your all well.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CafeeDomminite

Great to hear from you and thank you so much.

Tell your Mom Etna is furious. I can't see what She's doing, but, She's bellowing louder than the thunderstorm we're having. If only I could see her! She's so loud! And it's just going on and on and on no letting up - if anything getting louder!

***I just went out to the end of my back property. Etna is making the ground shake. The black cloud cover is so thick I can't see anything but she's just in an incredible uproar!***

Thank you again so much Cafee!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oh i'll phone her on her mobile and let her know. Its lovely btw to finally say hi, often read you comments and things when i'm round my mum's

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Ohhhhhhhhh she has just blown, Mum, just looked at data and said she is in mid high eruption,
she blew just as i was talking, i think i may have squealed a bit in my mum's ear ;D

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Oh forgot to add, Mum says, she will post the images later on of the data and what-nots

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hahaha i say she has just blown, but i think its more the clouds have finally got out of the view of the cams, I tend to get a little bit too excited. I really wish i could hear the noise she is making, I can only imagine, Hope your ok where you are.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I just texted mum to tell her the graphs have started to drop and she told me to let you know. Hopefully she is going to sleep again now.

Bye for now. xx

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Yes, with a final huge sound of She quieted...

But the mess! WOW!

Ash is falling in HUGE pieces!

I'll let you know if She starts up again but for now I'm looking at a lot of work to clean up after this one!

I'm looking forward to the pictures!

Thank you so much,

Until later.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Darn missed it again by 15minutes! What am I like!
Sounds like you are going to be busy Silo. Hope your Iguana comes back now things have calmed down
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I am just back now. I must rig my phone up to remember this site and password. thank you Cafee for the reporting you did a great job

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Still cant' upload images but will post them once the feature is back on. Even though the eruption is over She is still very hot with large lava patches and a great deal of smoke.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Have a look at cam 1
Lots of overflow this time

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Here is the report from INGV

The 14th paroxysmal eruptive episode from Etna's New Southeast Crater has taken place on 19 September 2011, 11 days after its predecessor. This event, which occurred during rather poor weather conditions, produced lava fountains from various vents within the crater and on its southeastern flank, lava flows that descended the western slope of the Valle del Bove, an ash cloud that was bent by the strong wind toward northeast. Ash and lapilli falls were observed in the area to the north of Giarre. The main paroxysmal phase lasted from about 12:20 GMT (local time -2) until shortly after 13:00 GMT. On the evening of 19 September, weak spattering continued from a vent located at the southeast base of the Southeast Crater cone, and active lava flows continued to descend on the western slope of the Valle del Bove.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Hi Silo

Any noise there? Tremore vulcanico has just risen 4 or 5 points. All cams show bad weather so very difficult to see what she is doing. Will monitor for 30 minutes to see if there is a change.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Stats are still climbing so something is moving. Still no clear view of any cam yet. Will have to leave soon to travel home will try to get back onto here to update.

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join