It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
He also said Canada (U.S) would be attacked from Beiring Straight / Iceland area by Russia" they better hurry

there's plenty of people who claim he said something but it never correlates with what anyone can search for themselves in the readings, it turns into opinion pieces or someone taking their spin at what they read

like Greg little claimed aliens and I haven't found anything regarding that in Cayce readings

if you can give me the reading # i can easily search through it to see if he did say something about Russia

[edit on 8-4-2010 by jangaboo]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Found this little tidbit of info on Etna

To the surprise of many Mount Etna is considered to be a rather friendly volcano as opposed to a killer volcano. This is why it has been nicknamed the friendly giant. You might ask how can something this destructive be considered friendly? Since recorded history of the volcano, which started in 1500 B.C., Mount Etna has only been responsible for 77 confirmed fatalities as a result of its eruptions. In that time Mount Etna has erupted approximately 190 times thus causing a fatality every 2.5 times it erupts. One of the contributing factors to there being very few fatalities is the fact that the lava moves slowly down the mountain allowing the people below enough time to evacuate the area.

Pretty impressive it's only killed 77 people despite it's eruptions and proximity to civilisation!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
From 1986 to 1989, I lived in Motta St. Anastasia and Reysol in Sicily and had the honor of watching Mt. Etna come to life, belch, and spew at least three times. Earthquakes frequent the area too.
Watching that mountain spit red and glowing at night was as eerie as it was fascinating. One saturday, we watched as she burped and as a small cloud started to form, we noticed that it was growing larger. Some hours later it had consumed the entire blue sky and quickly became dark in the middle of the afternoon. Then it started "snowing" ash. THAT... was a weird feeling.
Catania was buried by Etna lava 7 times (to my understanding). I see why some of the locals would freak out.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
DOH correction on my part, i did find mention of Etna but i don't know if its the version i downloaded with spelling mistakes because Etna is Spelled Aetna so it never showed up

1932 reading #311-8

"19. (Q) How soon will the changes in the earth's activity begin to be apparent?
(A) When there is the first breaking up of some conditions in the South Sea (that's South Pacific, to be sure), and those as apparent in the sinking or rising of that that's almost opposite same, or in the Mediterranean, and the Aetna area, then we may know it has begun. [See 5752-3 in re creation, etc.]"

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It's another Sign of the END
we are doomed!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I assume that by Doomed u mean being judged?? Doomsday ole English

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
wow!!!! edgar cayce predicted this if this is true everyone who lives is california including me is in great danger

www.newagedirectory.com...

"One of the signs of the entry into this period, is the movement in land masses in the Pacific Ocean area, simultaneously with similar activity in the Mediterranean Sea and Mt. Etna in Sicily. This will mark the beginning of the earth changes on a grand scale.

California and the Baja Peninsula will disappear during a series of intense earthquakes. San Francisco, Los Angeles and Santa Barbara will be only a few of notable cities that will not exist afterwards. The Pacific Ocean will cover the western part of the US up to Arizona and Nebraska. Both will have ocean harbors towns." (edgar cayce)

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Mt. Etna one of the worlds most active volcanoes is at it again!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d53188047f7.jpg[/atsimg]

Hmmmm .... the above looks like a very dense, distinct and easily observable smoke plume and should be easily seen from a far distance ... so what are we to make of the following cam shot of Etna taken a few mins ago ?
Try as I might, I don't seen ANY obvious sign of activity taking place commensurate with the OP's pics. Granted that there's some slight cloud cover, but one would expect to be seeing obvious signs of smoke drift by now.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a56ed2435370.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hmmm, nothing on this one either....

www.vulcanoetna.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Great work Silo! Beautiful and powerful they are! I will have to go now and read up on Etna's history. I do not remember a time in my life that so much earthly activity is going on at once, perhaps it is the speed of the internet, but I feel that a big earth change is brewing.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
And here's the same cam view but an hour and a half later ... still no sign whatsoever of any activity taking place at Etna.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a80a881a341e.jpg[/atsimg]

If the OP is still online, could you please provide current images of Etna to compare against the above cam shot.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

the OP posted those pics yesterday not today. So it must be quiet today with no activity which is good

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by graaly

the OP posted those pics yesterday not today. So it must be quiet today with no activity which is good

Then I would have to tend to assume that such 'trivial' activity is commonplace with Etna and that the OP, living in the area, must be perfectly well aware of such activity.

If that's the case, then I don't see the point or need for posting this thread. I assumed when I saw this thread, that the OP was making a case that something out of the ordinary or highly unusual was taking place on Etna.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I see a mountain with a lot of cloud coverage. I'm waiting for the OP to get back on-line for an update.

I think it would even be reasonable to say that some of that cloud coverage could be a plume....I just don't think it is at all clear if there is or is not something currently going on with it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by djcubed

It's the incoming brown dwarf. Look also at slowing down of Earth's rotation prior to full stop, pole shift day. Gravity, geological stress in a period of low sun activity. Work it out.

mclinking

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I've searched far and wide and there's not a sniff about this Etna activity anywhere except here?

I'm not doubting the OP but it seems a bit weird that one of the worlds best known volcano's does not get a mention any place?

If it's true then be safe Silo13..

If not true then shame on you, natural disasters are some of the most disturbing events possible because there's no warning and people genuinely care about those in their path.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

But there was yesterday! Volcs are like that, unpredictable critters. So don't bank on today being the same as tomorrow. Wait and see.

mclinking

[edit on 9-4-2010 by mclinking]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ni91ck

can you see something true your window like lava or can you smell the gasses?

There gets this smell in the air yeah. I wouldn't call it gasses as that serves a negative connotation - though I know gasses up close close can kill you (or so I've heard).

What I can hear is a belch and poof sound that I fail to find any reference to. I've never heard anything like it so I can't say 'It' sounds like thus and so' I wish I could. I hope one day I'll be able to record the sounds she makes, as for me it's as exciting - if not more - than the ash and lava.

A draw back is the lava sand 'sabia' (in the dialect of this town 'rena') makes the roads slippery to drive when it piles up and it infiltrates all the vegetables, sometimes to the point of making them nearly inedible. No matter how much you rinse - it's still there.

All In all I wouldn't trade it for the world. I've a personal connection to Etna that's strong and ever binding. I pay for it, but it's worth it.

And yes, when she spouts lava I can sit on my deck or in the back part of my vineyard and watch the flow.

peace

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by misfitoy

The thing that surprised me was how many people gravitated towards an erupting volcano.

Isn't that the truth.
It's really almost mystical.

Also something I find really interesting is when she blows like this - just the ash or more it doesn't matter - but everyone is on their doorstep in a matter of seconds.
Like they're being 'called'.
I know that sounds freaky but the way I look at it we work under her shadow day in and day out, and you know as well as I do when you see something every day - you 'stop' seeing it. It becomes so common.
But not Etna.
All she has to do is pass a little wind and WHAM - everyone in town (small town) but everyone in town is out on their terraces, doorsteps, whatever - minus fear in the air.
Minus fear.
It's almost, I hesitate to say, but it's almost reverence.
I know it is for me.

Thanks for your post - hopefully you can come back and visit the Island again someday. You know they say once you've been here you have to come back.

peace

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I can't see anything this morning either.
She is under cloud cover where I am and it's quiet.

So, maybe just a little belch last night - but it was amazing anyway!

peace

[edit on 9-4-2010 by silo13]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join