It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I don't think those are birds. It appears to me that it is some sort of knat or pollen on the cam lens. Not sure about the lines, they keep appearing in the same place so it must have something to do with the cam lens again. IMHO
edit on 8-8-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Thank you everyone for your contributions to this thread.

Here's giving a little back to you all.

And please, support Keith Medley!

Etna is putting out some flack, but quiet and peaceful on this hot hot day!

Enjoy everyone!

Peace!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
Can I say something a bit 'left field' here? Is it just me, or is it only us girlies mainly on this thread? What do 'boyz' know of volcanoes anyhow?!

Raibows
Jane

Nooo, there's boyz here, you gurlz just talk more

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

I was told by 'someone in the know' the flecks you're seeing on the pics is her 'fallout'... But, interestingly enough the same person had NO idea what the lines are - and - is not curious too!

See what we've done!

peace

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Update. This ninth paroxysmal eruptive episode of the year at the New Southeast Crater has led to major growth of the pyroclastic cone that is building up around the crater, especially in its southeastern portion. The episode came 6 days after its predecessor, an interval that is very similar to those between the previous few episodes, but the "prelude" and buildup phase (Strombolian activity - lava flow emission) has been much shorter compared to the other events. From INGV
I am still seeing activity on the webicoders daily, blips, earth tremours etc. Lets see if she has another little episode in 5 days, or this time sooner.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Good morning boyz and gurls

Well, I am on the fence about those specks. I watched them for a few hours last night (early morning). Sometimes they would come from the left side of the screen, sometimes the right. Sometimes they look like birds, sometimes not. shrugs.

Will be on the job to see if they are there again later on.

I still say those lines are made by the camera.

Love to all.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Gracie.....is anything going on or is the the sun reflecting? Just caught it. Beautiful!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7def19d782e6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e4d67c92fdf.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

With the full moon approaching and some really hot weather here (in the daytime) to boot? I wouldn't be surprised if we see something again before too long. It's a waiting game now.

Reply to Kat
It's the sun. One thing I love about this time of year - She 'erupts without erupting' in those sunsets!
I've got a few pics of the same such on the video I posted for you all.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Hey Berkeley

It's a tough one. Those lines are surely in conformation to say it's something on the camera, but, I've seen Etna do some mighty strange things... I guess we'll have to wait and do some comparisons. That or contact the Vulcanologists and ask - which I'm about ready to do!

peace

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Cheeky!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
flack attack !!

right on schedule
this is the third day in a row
same time same etna channel

www.guide-etna.com...

I am zooming in really close on those little buggers, I see little black bodies with white wings. So now I think they are mediteranean (sp) fruit flies

edit on 9-8-2011 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
cigar shaped ufo

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Fruit flies! Excellent....that would make sense with the regular timming each morning, like pesky midges here in the evening! As to the cigar UFO....I really wish I hadn't. I really do! Now we have a pyramid, 2 black stripes and 'cigar' to solve!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I really do think that they are flies of some sort.

I just saw. on the camera, a swarm come in on the left side of the screen. If it was from the volcano it would come from that direction.

Dare I say eureka? I think I have solved this particular mystery

now on to the ufo's heehee

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Definitely looks like you're onto it with the flies. I blew up the photo and you can all but see the little legs and wings.

Now onto the other 'anomolies'!

In the mean time it's sooo hot here today and I was sure I felt a 'ground shake' (not showing on RSOE)... She's smoking ever so gently. Let's hope she stays just so!

peace

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

There was a tiny ground movement showing on the charts at 12.15, but that could be your 1.15.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef13cb490908.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4d9ce1ea431.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 9-8-2011 by Tzavros because: Added files

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Hi Berkley! I showed the photos to my friend who knows more than I about cameras etc. She thinks that it is something on the camera lens or fallout, which looks that way when the sunlight hits it just right (which might explain why only certain times of the day?) Of course she could be wrong too....just a thought. I agree with you about the "lines"....it doesn't seem to be clouds or anything of that nature, because it never moves, even when breeze or a "blow" happens. Yesterday, I took a few pics showing all kinds of "anomalies".....including the right angles etc. I am starting to think it is some kind of reflections (maybe the angles and pyramids are reflections off the sharp cliffs and edges of the volcano itself)....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Brilliant! Fruit flies! I'd never have figured that one out...they didnt look like birds to me, but I didnt want to start a guessing game as to what they were. Now just to find out what those lines could be

Fruit flies...hehe thats tickled me!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Gracie, I know you're offline, but know your sista Kat is thinking of you.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join