It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

Great article - I'd only debate the times.

On the evening of 18 July 2011, Strombolian activity increased at the crater located on the east flank of the Southeast Crater cone, and culminated in a new paroxysmal eruptive episode between 0000 and 0230 GMT (= local time -2) on 19 July.

From first hand account it was around 0330 when she realllllly got going and she didn't stop until well into 4:30-0520.

And today?

I hate to say it but she looks like a dog who's just come home from a dirty fight. She looks mean.
She's pumping out dark gray ash that's sticking close to her sides because of the heat and the humidity. Once in a while a darker plume rises above 'bocca nuova' and then dissipates. Her base is smokey.

I hitched a ride to Giarra today to get some batteries - The streets there are COVERED in ash fallout. The tops of cars, church steps. When pigeons flew overhead the ash fell from their wings.

Closer to Etna where I live the ash/sand is much larger - like I showed in the photo - but that makes sense it would come to earth while the finer grit travels farther down the mountain. There's not much I can do about what's covering my fields. It cuts at the soles of my feet walking between the tomato plants. They're suffering from being pelted but I think they'll recover.

On a personal note.

I don't know if it's I'm gaining a new fear(?) of Etna, or, I'm only just realizing at this late date the magnitude of her power.

Early this morning standing out in the middle of the grape vines and getting pelted with rocks while the earth trembled underfoot as she sounded? Watching the dark morning sky light up with lava bombs and new lava flow? I had to admit I don't really have any true perspective of what she's capable of. But... I'm learning.

Thank you all again,

Peace - until next time!

edit on 19-7-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Always keep in mind that nature is FULL of surprises, that's why so many of us urge you to pack it up. Sometimes things just happen, and a full explosion could take place at random.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Another 2.3....at least they are getting less.

www.emsc-csem.org...
Rainbows
jane

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
It really was a privilege to be watching a new 200m Cinder Cone being built upon Etna's summit right infront our very own eyes. Thanks definitely goes to the guide-etna and Studio-7 crews for maintaining and allowing public traffic on their webcam's in the first place, and contrary to what the flow direction was looking like this morning. It was Valle del Bove it was channeled into.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Some great images from last night's event:

www.volcanodiscovery.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Today's TeleColor link

Click on Telecolor, then Martedì, 19, Luglio - 13:30

Fast forward to about 3/4 of an inch in - (Sorry there is no time tick).

You’ll see some great shots of Etna and the ash She dropped on us - that accumulated in Sant Alfio, Milo, Giarre.

It’s in Italian of course, but there’s enough there for you to ‘get it’.

And yes, the Vulcanologists are saying She’s ‘Full to bursting’ with lava and they’re expecting a lot more out of her soon. But of course they're not saying - exactly when...

peace

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoorfNZ
Some great images from last night's event:

www.volcanodiscovery.com...

Absolutely FANTASTIC SHOTS! I hope everyone interested goes to look!

And I got an answer to my 'measure' question. About 600 meters tall.

Naw, it had to be higher than that for me to see it in an inch thumbs width? Maybe not... But I can believe what they were saying about 'truck size' lava bombs were being sent out! Woooheeee!

THANK YOU for a GREAT LINK!

peace
edit on 19-7-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hi Silo,
Read all your exciting postings this morning!
Is this EQ anywhere near you? It was reported on EMSC just half an hour ago

www.emsc-csem.org...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Thanks Angel

About those EQ's - No, they're not 'near' but - Thank you for keeping an eye on them!

Then again one of them was on the Island and it said 63 kilometers from here so I guess all in all that's near!

Thanks again!
peace

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Silo, are you about? I have a lot of activity around the bottom. Plume of smoke. Can you see it or hear anything?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Does anyone have an update on Etna, all the cams I can access aren't working. Maybe the internet access is down for the area? Has anyone heard anything? I'm worried about Silo, hope she is safe and posts soon.

STM

Edit to add: Just saw that Silo has been back on the board today, so maybe she hasn't posted 'cause Etna has calmed down, hopefully.
edit on 7/22/2011 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Have been checking in periodically via mobile with no capability to post. Finally back at my regular computer and glad to see that things have quieted down some. Sounds like she's been looking awfully menacing since the last "show" but let's hope she's planning a good long rest.

Thoughts are with all...
Timidgal

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by seentoomuch

Hello Seen

Thanks so much for your kindness - everything has indeed calmed down.

Interestingly today she's getting that 'ugly' look again. And that coming on the tail of the vulcanologist(s) giving us a warning Etna is 'full to bursting' with lava. (A few posts back in the thread I posted the television update - and though it's in Italian...)

What I 'see' happening? Etna will follows her own patern - which is when the 'people in the know' tell us she's going to do something she spits in their eye and doesn't nothing at all! But, I have to remember she's very unpredictable - so I'll keep more batteries in the fridge just in case.

So we'll see. She is putting out more brutish ash and smoke today... Time will tell.

For now all is well on the home front and I appreciate your concern.

hugs
gracie

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Edgar Cayce predicted that dramatic physical changes would affect the Earth and would begin with the (major) eruption of Mt. Etna.

Don't know if this is the major one or not. Just be safe and keep watch.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

Thank you for pointing that out... I've been meaning to look into that information.

And no, as stunning as it was, this was not a 'major' eruption.

And here is where I can add - with a little smile - the Sunday paper journal reported Etna's problem is...

She has gas!

Now I hope I don't pay for laughing at my matriarch over her case a the farts, but really. They news headline said the 'motor behind her eruptions is gas'... (I'll take a pic of the paper for you all...)

On the other hand, I really have to stop laughing because, one, they also just reported she is 'full to the brim' with lava, and now coming out with this change in story?

Kind of sounds a bit filthy fish to me...

Be back in a bit with pics.

Happy Sunday to you!

peace

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hi Silo. Looks like she has had onions for tea again. I see glowingness. Any sound coming from her?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stratus9
Edgar Cayce predicted that dramatic physical changes would affect the Earth and would begin with the (major) eruption of Mt. Etna.

Don't know if this is the major one or not. Just be safe and keep watch.

No, sorry but he didn't say that. What he actually said was this:

"The Earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye. Land will appear off the east coast of America. When there is the first breaking up of some conditions in the South Sea and those as apparent in the sinking or rising of that that's almost opposite same, or in the Mediterranean, and the Etna area, then we may know it has begun

www.near-death.com...

He said to watch out for the land in the area of Etna to be rising or sinking. Now I know that can accompany an eruption, but it is not the same thing atall.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I keep seeing this repeated on thread after thread and it's just plain wrong. I have read pretty much all of the predictions that Cayce made, and the above is the only one that I have found that mentions Etna. Now, he does mention volcanic eruptions, not of Etna but of Vesuvius and Mount Pelee:

"If there are greater activities in [the volcanoes] Vesuvius or Pelee, then the southern coast of California and the areas between Salt Lake and the southern portions of Nevada, we may expect, within the three months following same, inundation by the earthquakes. But these are to be more in the Southern than the Northern Hemisphere."

(same link as above)

Hope this clears that up!

peace
J

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
She's really having a good play again. I wonder where Silo is? Not as hot as last time but warming up I fear.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
How she looks now.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Wow! 0230 in the morning and she's at it again.
Not as spectacular as a few days ago, but, still, she's getting LOUD again.

THANKS for the coverage so far you all!

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join